Chapter XV

The Whisperer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Glossasry

 

“I can’t believe you all did it.” Changmin said as he let them inside his mansion. “I won’t pester you with questions I can see how exhausted you all are, rest up.”

 

They had travelled without rest, even through the night, wanting to reach the village as soon as possible as Jinki hadn’t regained consciousness yet. Once they had cleaned up, filled up their bellies with warm food, Taemin looked over them again, to see if he had missed any wounds. “He should be awake when morning comes,” Taemin squeezed Jonghyun’s shoulder reassuring him. “I’m gonna sleep now, but don’t hesitate to wake me if something comes up.”

 

Jonghyun smiled at Taemin as he watched him leave. He sat down beside Jinki, gently his hair. He had felt his heart break when he drove the dagger through Jinki’s chest, he wiped the tears that sprung up at that memory. He would never let anything like that befall Jinki ever again, he would never harm him nor let anyone or anything harm him again, he had almost lost him and he couldn’t bear to think how or what he would have done to himself if something had happened to Jinki. He kissed Jinki’s forehead, “I promise you, Lee Jinki, I will never let anyone hurt you again, never let anything or anyone try to separate us ever again. I promise.” He gently kissed Jinki’s slightly parted lips.

 

----

 

“Good morning, my love.”

 

Jonghyun smiled as he felt Jinki kiss him softly, starting from his forehead, moving down to his eyes, such pretty eyes, he heard Jinki say under his breath, kissing his nose and finally kissing him on the lips. “Good morning to you too,” Jonghyun smiled as he caressed Jinki’s cheek. “How are you feeling?” he asked looking into those red tinged irises that looked at him with such adoration.

 

“I feel as deep in love as I ever will be,” Jinki chuckled when he heard Jonghyun snort. “How are you?” he asked as he ran his fingers through Jonghyun’s hair. “I cannot get enough of how beautiful your eyes are.” Jinki said looking into the soft grey eyes that reflected the same emotions he felt.

 

Jonghyun smiled as he leaned in, capturing Jinki’s lips in a kiss, “I am a little lovesick; nothing a few kisses can’t heal.”

 

Jinki chuckled, “I guess I am rubbing off on you,” he pulled Jonghyun closer, “Come here, let me heal you.” He kissed Jonghyun softly at first, slowly deepening it with each passing minute, conveying all his emotions, all his feelings for the other through his lips, through his kiss.

 

Jonghyun held Jinki’s lower lip in between his teeth, “We need to go down, they must be waiting for us.”

 

Jinki pushed Jonghyun back into the sheets, settling between his thighs, his hands gently caressing Jonghyun’s curves beneath his shirt. “I fear we aren’t healed enough,” he said as he kissed Jonghyun’s collar bones.

 

Jonghyun smiled as he guided Jinki’s attention back to himself, pulling him up and kissing him on the lips. “I don’t think we ever will be,” he whispered against Jinki’s lips.

 

----

 

“How are you feeling brother?” Taemin asked when he saw Jinki and Jonghyun be let into Changmin’s study.

 

“I am perfectly fine, little brother.” Jinki smiled as he ruffled Taemin’s hair. “Thank you, Kibum.” Jinki looked at Kibum.

 

Kibum rolled his eyes, a smile gracing his lips soon after, “Told you, you wouldn’t survive without me.”

 

“It’s good to see you up and about,” Minho said as he wrapped his arm around Jinki’s shoulder. “You are right on time, we were showing Changmin the seeds we found.”

 

“Yes, Jonghyun did tell me about them,” he said as he looked over the seed Kibum had placed in his palm. “So what do we do with them?” he asked Changmin.

 

“For now let’s plant them with the Tree of Jaenez and see what happens next.” Changmin led them back to the tree in middle of the village. This time too there were quite a few people gathered there and as soon as they approached they could hear the murmur rise as they pointed to them.

 

“All of us would like to thank you,” Changmin said once the crowd had quietened down. “And we would like to inform you that our village will always be open for you all.” He smiled at the five beside him as the crowd cheered.

 

They all expressed their own gratitude to Changmin for the help he had given them and followed Changmin closer to the tree.

 

Kibum knelt down as he placed the seeds deep under the ground. He guided the seeds to sprout and and grow with his magic. He could feel the roots from these new saplings mingle and merge with the tree’s. As he continued to aid their growth he saw the sapling’s stock spread out in the direction of the tree’s trunk, climbing it up, entwining with it. Once they were merged, he felt a huge rumble in the ground, making everyone gathered cry out and the next instant all the leaves on the tree fell. He moved back astounded at the sight in front of him; the tree grew wider and taller, all the bare branches sprouting with new leaves and the all the fallen ones absorbed into the ground.

 

“Did it work?” Jinki asked, looking at the huge tree in front of him, looking at its new leaves that seemed to radiate a different light with each small

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter