Chapter 26

Love over Love?

Jeongyeon quickly took a shower before heading to meet Nayeon.

“You better clean your mess” Jeongyeon said as she went out of her room.

“Yah! I doing it already” Momo shouted.

Nayeon was already at the café waiting for Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon sprinted as she took a lot of time in her shower.

“ Jeong run faster” Jeongyeon said while running. Finally, she reached her destination. She saw Nayeon sitting at the corner window seat scrolling through her phone.

“Damn does she had to be this beautiful in morning. I already messed up a lot.” Jeongyeon thought as she nervously walked to her.

“H... Hey” Jeongyeon said as she occupies the front seat of the latter. Nayeon didn’t replied, she just sips her coffee with a poker face.

“” Jeongyeon cursed under her breath. She even doesn’t know what nonsense she blurted out last night.

“I am sorry whatever I did yesterday. I don’t even know what I did actually.” Jeongyeon pleaded.

“You don’t remember anything?” Nayeon asked.

“Seriously” Jeongyeon replied.

“You confessed to me” Nayeon said with a blank face still sipping her coffee. Jeongyeon was having a hard time to answer this. Nayeon’s reaction weren’t helping her also.

“Jeongyeon please just clarify everything” Nayeon added but this time in a soft voice while placing her coffee down on the table.

Jeongyeon was afraid to confess her again. She might lose her. Nayeon just got out of her relationship maybe she isn’t ready for a new one. Its like taking her advantage. They got closer after when Jeongyeon start listening her problems. When they start sharing with each other. Nayeon needed someone at that time. And Jeongyeon was there. Now she cant be greedy with her feelings. She is there to make Nayeon feel better not to impose her new builded feelings.

“See I am sorry but whenever I am drunk, I just blurt out anything. See I know I already messed up our friendship with that kiss but I am seriously sorry. I will not do anything stupid like this again. I promise.” Jeongyeon said with her full sincerity.

Nayeon didn’t replied for some time. Jeongyeon was getting more nervous along with the silence.

“Okay I will be going” Nayeon said as she stands up.

“A... Are we cool?” Jeongyeon asked nervously.

“Yes” Nayeon replied coldly as she exited.

“Did I say something wrong” Jeongyeon thought to herself while frowning. She then purchases herself a coffee and as she was leaving the café, she saw Chaeyoung and Mina hand in hand. She quickly runs towards them.

“Hey you idiot you have explain a lot of things” Jeongyeon shouted as she was few distance apart from them.

Both look back after hearing the voice.

“Unnie!” Chaeyoung exclaimed.

“I am sorry unnie I will wash the sheets myself” Chaeyoung quickly said.

“Not that,  tell me everything that happened last night” Jeongyeon said as she dragged both of them to her room.

Momo and Dhayun was almost done with the cleaning. Just then Jeongyeon and the couple enters.

“Dhayun where is Momo?” Jeongyeon asked as she sense a missing person.

“Oh, her mom called. Some urgent work I guess” Dhayun said as she sits on the couch. She was damn tired from cleaning the whole room.

“Okay you both sit down” Jeongyeon instructed everyone to sit and sits herself in front of them.

“Wait where is Jihyo?” Jeongyeon asked again.

“Oh, she is still not up. She is sleeping on your bed” Dhayun replied.

“Oh God please take care of my bedroom” Jeongyeon prayed while joining her hands.

“Ok leave it. Mina you are close to Nayeon right?” Jeongyeon asked.

“Yes, I am” Mina replied.

"And unnie you are a fool" Chaeyoung said

“Why?” Jeongyeon frowned.

“You confessed Nayeon then ran away from the room. You are seriously a coward” Chaeyoung scoffed.

“Just tell me about last night” Jeongyeon said.

Flashback of previous night

Jeongyeon: Momoring Truth or dare?

Momo: I am not a coward I will take dare.

Jeongyeon: Alright you girl then kiss someone in this room for full 1 minute. Jeongyeon was smirking as she waits who she will choose.

Momo: Alrightyyy then.

Momo knew Jeongyeon very well. She cant kiss Chaeyoung and Mina as they were already in relationship. Jeongyeon? Eww she was her close friend but they were like siblings. She definately will not kiss her. Nayeon, she was getting closer to her but not this much to kiss her for whole one minute. Plus jeongyeon will kill her if she did that with Nayeon. Dhayun was the only one. As both of them were already gotten closer when Jeongyeon introduced Dhayun to everyone. Dhayun would usually wait for Momo after school. And Momo would accompany her in their free periods. They were pretty much close. But never thought it like that way.

She closes her distance with Dhayun. Everyone was screaming and cringing from the scene. Dhayun didn’t even flinched. Seems like she was herself enjoying the kiss. Both of them got passionate after 30 seconds. Just then Jihyo pulled them apart

“OK okay you two get a room” Jihyo said while frowning.

Everyone was laughing when both parted themselves. Both faces were pure red color. Jeongyeon was just teasing them while doing fake vomit.

Just then Jihyo spins the bottle again. It was Momo.

“Your turn ” Momo smirked looking at Jeongyeon.

“Truth or Dare” Momo said already pouring a glass for her.

“Oh, you are underestimating me” Jeongyeon smirked

“I will take truth” she added.

“YES! Confess to that person right now” Momo grinned while looking at Nayeon. Everyone was in shock. All of them were looking now at both of them. Nayeon was also kinda shocked too. She was just simply watching Jeongyeon who was frozen at her place.

“I... I” Jeongyeon who was totally drunk now was full consious. Suddenly she felt being nervous. How can she suddenly confess to Nayeon? She even hasn’t prepared her lines. The atmosphere was now awkward. Everyone was staring to each other hoping someone to save the situation. Just then.

“Momo you will pay for it” Jeongyeon said as she walks to her kitchen to drink some water. Watching Nayeon staring at her made her like on top of the clouds. That much of effect was on Jeongyeon of IM NAYEON.

“Why are you scared ” Momo shouted as she saw her storming off. Both were tipsy. They knew what was going on but didn’t know how to control it. Both of them were dependent on the alcohol.

“Oh, where is our cool, girl crush, chic Jeongyeon?” Momo teased again. Everyone was just watching because they didn’t have any clue.

“Shut up Momo” Jeongyeon shouted from the kitchen.

“Coward so just confess” Momo replied.

Jeongyeon was now getting on her peak. Already alcohol was taking control of her system now Momo was making it worse. She went outside, scans the room to find that particular person. Finally gathering her all courage, she spoke.

“Yes, I like you Nayeon. After the kiss I am just thinking about you only. But at the same time, I don’t want to ruin our ongoing friendship process. I don’t know how to say or what to say or what to do.” Jeongyeon said in one breath. Everyone was all frozen at their place even Nayeon with the sudden confession. Mina turned to Nayeon signaling her something. Nayeon then stood at her place.

“Can we talk in private?” Nayeon said to Jeongyeon whose heartbeat was already going crazy.

“O....Okay” Jeongyeon said.

End of flashback 

“Rest is between you and her” Mina said.

“Wow Unnie you like her!” Dhayun said while smiling.

“Well I kinda know what you guys talked about” Chaeyoung said while scratching her back of her head.

“What?” Jeongyeon and others said while staring at Chaeyoung.

“Well basically I was the first to be on terrace” Chaeyoung said while defending herself.

“When?” Mina asked while frowning.

“You remembered when my brother called me on my cell phone, due to bad signals I went outside to talk ,I was at terrace” Chaeyoung replied.

“Just tell what we talked about?” Jeongyeon asked.

“Well…….

Nayeon: Do you mean it?

Jeongyeon: what??

Nayeon: Come on, don’t be jerk. What ever you said down there.

Jeongyeon: A…...actually…y…yes Nay…...Nayeon

Both of them were silent for a moment. Nayeon was just going to say something but Jeongyeon interrupted her.

Jeongyeon: Its okay if you don’t like me back. I know I have messed up. I am sorry for that. I am sorry for everything.

“After saying this in one breath you ran away while crying like a small child” Chaeyoung laughed.

Everyone was laughing at now Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon was dumbfounded. She was embarrased. It was okay she ran away but why the she cried. Seems like she was way too much drunk. She kept silent until Mina spoke.

“Why the hell you are pushing her idiot?” Mina said.

“I am not pu…She also likes me?” Jeongyeon was excited and nervous at the same time.

“Are you blind, obviously yes” Mina said.

“You are not kidding right” Jeongyeon’s felt something in her heart.

“Unnie you always mess up whenever she talks to you. I have observed that. You yourself let her think that you like her as a friend. You never let her speak.” Chaeyoung said.

“Wait unnie you were with Nayeon unnie right just few hours ago, how that went” Dhayun asked.

Jeongyeon knew she messed up again. And she also knew very well the moment she will tell these guys what she said will make them angry again.

“W..well I didn’t knew Nayeon also felt the same. So, I kinda ed up again” Jeongyeon said while scratching her nape.

“Oh, Jeongyeon I thought you were smarter than this” Mina said as she facepalmed herself.

“Fix this up quickly else you will be single for your whole life” Jihyo says as her head popping out from her bedroom but again going back to her sleep.

“But Mina how are you so sure. After we kissed, she ignored me for 2 days straight and didn’t even touched this topic” Jeongyeon asked while ignoring Jihyo.

“Yes, because you idiot didn’t give her any chance. After that kiss she called me. She told me about the whole story. But you know she was still unsure because of her recent breakup with Sana. That’s why I asked her to take some time before deciding anything. That’s why she maybe has ignored you. And when you asked about her whether she was coming to the party or not, I told her that you asked. She quickly said yes before she was confused whether to come or not. She might be having trust issue right now but I am sure that she likes you” Mina said while smiling at the last part.

“Oh” Jeongyeon didn’t know what to say except for this. She didnt knew all this.

“Unnie what the hell you are doing go now and confess properly to her” Chaeyoung said as she pats her shoulder to motivate her.

“No don’t go know, properly she would be busy right now. Go after 5pm” Mina suggested.

“Ohh Okay!!! Should I buy flowers? Or chocolates?” Jeongyeon said. Everyone can see how excited she was but at the same time she was nervous as hell also.

“Take a rose. That would be enough.” Mina replied.

After gathering her all guts Jeongyeon purchased one rose on her way to Nayeon’s home or she could villa. She asked Mina for the address as well as suggestions on how should she start the conversation. She was really nervous to even go inside her house that’s why she decided to call her out. She called her but it was rejected.

“Damn” Jeongyeon said as she dials back.

“Hello” Nayeon finally picks her phone.

“Hey Nayeon” Jeongyeon said while clearing .

“What you want Jeongyeon” Nayeon asked but not in a rude way.

“Can you please comedown for a second. I was standing outside. I have something to talk about” Jeongyeon replied.

“Ohh okay wait” Nayeon said. It was Nayeon’s turn to feel her heartbeat going crazy. Why Jeongyeon was outside her house? Where did she get her address? She prepares her self so that she could look decent at least.

Jeongyeon saw Nayeon coming in her shorts and a simple tee with cardigan on it. She can feel the nervousness rising more because Nayeon was just looking so perfect for her. She even can’t deny now she has fallen hard for Nayeon.

As Nayeon was near. “H... Hey” Jeongyeon said while trying to smile.

“Hi, what brought you here” Nayeon asked casually.

“Aa...actually I have to tell you something” Jeongyeon said. Nayeon was getting curious but not excited. Jeongyeon already confessed that she felt nothing like that. She raised her brows expecting her to say more.

“ahmm... See I know I have messed up many times and here again saying sorry for that. But see I……. seriously like you.” Jeongyeon started but met with a scoff.

“Jeongyeon enough with all this.” Nayeon replied coldly.

“No, it was true I was trying to protect our friendship. We were already hitting very well. That’s why I couldn’t risk it. But I was honest when I confessed last night and I am here confessing again” Jeongyeon said. Her heartbeat was for sure at its peak now.

“See Jeongyeon, you are yourself not so sure. So, stop all this. Moreover, you already told me this morning that it was nothing so why are you here again?” Nayeon replied while frowning.

“Yes, because I was stupid. I was again…. afraid that you might not talk to be ever again. Because you were already going through a lot you know Sana…... Guess I was being way too much careful. This time I am here standing in front of you with fully being conscious asking you to be my girlfriend.” Jeongyeon finally said it. She palms were getting sweaty. She has never been this nervous even when she is playing basketball finals. She was just looking at Nayeon whom seems to have no reaction after listening. Seems like she was thinking. She was hesitating actually. Jeongyeon knew she has to earn her trust.

“Nayeon I promise you I will treat you better. And just for once trust me. I will be nothing like Sana and Tzuyu for sure.” Jeongyeon said as she takes out a rose from her back pocket stretching her hand.

Nayeon was really taken back. Yes, she was having difficulty whether to accept it or not but damn she likes Jeongyeon for sure. Her heartbeat was on another level when she saw Jeongyeon taking a rose for her. And after that, there her little confusions dropped down as she unconsciously took the flower from her hand.

“Meet you at the school tomorrow” Nayeon smiles as she goes inside her house. She knew she couldn’t face Jeongyeon as her feeling were making her face red.

“Bye” Jeongyeon was smiling ear to ear. She couldn’t believe what just happened. She only imagined the worst case that Nayeon will be rejecting her. But this was different. She was this much happy that she didn’t even noticed that she came back room while smiling like an idiot whole the way.

 

 

 

Sorry for lame chapter. I didnt have much time. I will work harder.