Seven Saturdays to Love

Mika and Yanyan's Nyt Short Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Seven Saturdays to Love
Author: yanyanwitch
Pairing: Kwon Jiyong x Lee Seungri
Genre: romance, drama, angst
Length: 10K words

A/N: Sometimes inspiration can't be found and so we need someone else to give us a little push. For that, I'd like to thank sweetymika for giving me this challenge so I'd feel motivated to start and finish it. Thank you. <3 I've truly enjoyed writing this short story in four days and I hope you will enjoy it too. Please do leave a comment about this story if you can. I'd love to read them.

. . .

Sat·ur·day
\ˈsa-tər-(ˌ)dā, -dē\
noun
: the day of the week between Friday and Sunday; the seventh day of the week


 

“When did you start painting?”

“I actually started when I was a kid.. seven years old I think,” the crowd fell into silence as they listened to the 30-year old artist. “I've stopped painting when I reached high school. I thought it's not a right thing to do. It's not.. trendy.”

The interviewer nodded, “So you became the school's casanova instead?”

The crowd's soft laughters echoed around, knowing fully well what the painter was famously known for a decade ago.

The painter smiled. “Yes. I was a casanova.”

“Was? You mean you're not one now?” there was a second round of soft laughters from the audience.

He chuckled, “I gave up being one. Someone made me do it.”

There was a long 'o' that resonated the hall. 

“Is this someone your inspiration in creating these masterpieces as well?”

The paintings were pasted on the walls, proudly hanged as photographers and anyone who had a heart for art stare and take pictures of them.

The artist gently smiled, eyes glancing over one of his works before facing the interviewer, “Yes.”

The audience once again was surprised, murmuring a bit as they waited for the next question.

“There's this random question from your fans. They want to confirm if your favorite vegetable is cucumber. Is it true?”

He paused then a soft chuckle was let out as if he remembered something funny. “Yes, that's true.”

“That's sweet. Next question, we've been curious about this for a long time. When your house was featured in Beautiful Homes, we saw a huge painting of a man if we could remember. Can you tell us who is in the painting? Is it a relative or a family member?”

He smiled as he spoke without thinking twice, “he's the person who made who I am today. He's more than an inspiration.”

“Can you tell us how exactly he influences your works? How did it start?” Everyone was enthralled to know about this.

All eyes were on him, yet his own seemed to look too far away, as he began to recall the first day where it all started, as if it had just happened yesterday. “It all started. . . when I was kissing a girl in the hallway.”

. . .
 

Ragged breathing, burning sensations. Any minute and the girl would pass out from their entangled tongues. That, Jiyong didn't care of.

He was too busy to care for the world, not to mention, someone who would passed by.

But then the passerby halted his steps and swiftly turned around, “excuse me, is this room 402?”

The voice seemed to have caught both Jiyong and the girl's attention as they paused and looked at him in an instant.

He had curly black hair, skin that looked too pale yet soft, and eyes that reminded Jiyong of an animal. Like a deer, perhaps. Not that he could identify clearly though as they were covered by his thick eyeglasses.

“Yeah. Ugh,” Jiyong said, eyes in dazed for a minute there as he realized he just checked out the stranger. “Yes, this is room 402,” he pointed to the room next to the wall he had pushed the girl previously to.

The girl waved him a flirty goodbye with Jiyong winking he did the same, then soon after, turned to the stranger. “Sup? Are you my new roommate?”

The boy in thick glasses nodded. Only then Jiyong noticed someone else behind the boy. 

“So this is your school..” the other, who seemed to be a bit older, said to the boy. The one with the thick glasses only nodded, face blank.

So he was the silent type, Jiyong thought. How boring.

“Umm yeah.. um, so come in,” Jiyong said, feeling awkward with the newbie's quietness. “What's your name by the way?”

The three entered the room then, the new roommate's eyes scanning it with a tint of amusement in them. The other, whom Jiyong had assumed his roommate's brother or some relative, began placing the boy's luggages on the floor. It made Jiyong wonder if this roommate of his was some royalty or rich kid.

“Seungri.”

“Huh?” Jiyong, realizing he had stared too much on the newcomer, felt stupid.

“My name is Seungri.”

Jiyong felt something stir inside him but immediately brush it away, “oh.. Uh. Okay.”

“... and yours?”

Jiyong blinked, “Huh?”

Seungri smiled. “Your name?”

“Ah, oh, I- I'm Jiyong,” Jiyong smiled. Why the hell was he suddenly nervous around this newbie?

Seungri nodded in acknowledgement, body turning around again as he began to unpacked his things with his companion. Jiyong did his own things, glancing at Seungri every now and then.

Well, he kind of looked kind and sweet, Jiyong thought, smiling. Maybe they could be friends.

. . .

When Seungri found a girl half- on their shared room, he almost had a heart attack. The second time wasn't easy too, for his own eyes witnessed how his roommate exchanged their salivas like animals in heat.

The third time, however, made Seungri began to be accustomed to it. Too much to the point he'd hear his roommate and his partner make out while Seungri studied on his desk calmly.

Jiyong had tried to make sure to get his character right across by people around him. He is, after all, the school's famous casanova.

“Kwon Jiyong doesn't date anyone for more than a week. He has this rule that he'd date anyone for seven days, treat them like his queen, but then after that, he would dump whoever he's dating, no matter how good she is,” his friend Kang Daesung explained, one time when they were in Daesung's room. “Simply put, Jiyong will never fall in love.”

“Never?” Seungri asked, voice full of curiosity.

Daesung got up from his bed and stared at Seungri, “Never. As in, never. They say no matter how much they try, they always fail. He doesn't love back. That's just who he is. He doesn't fall in love. It's like he's immune to it.”

Seungri fell silent.

Then after a minute, “I see.”

. . .

“Help me finish this book report, please? Please?” Jiyong pleaded his roommate, trying to use much of his charms as he could.

As weeks passed, they had surprisingly became close contrary to their opposite personalities.

“...” Seungri was too focused on his own work, head not even turning to face his annoying roommate. Knowing him, he must've been playing hooky again, playing with his girlfriend for the week he had forgotten to do his academic work.

“Please? I'll do anything if you help me. You can make me your slave for one week or ask for three wishes or anything that you want,” Jiyong proposed.

Seungri was silent for a few minutes before he answered, “three wishes?”

Jiyong bounced on his bed like a child, face b with hope, “Yes, three wishes. Like a genie.”

“Okay,” Seungri finally replied after a minute.

“Thank you, bro! You're the best!” Jiyong exclaimed, getting up to move towards Seungri, locking him in a headlock and ruffling his hair.

. . .

“Date me every Saturday.”

Jiyong spit out his drink, the iced liquid almost tainting his university jacket. He placed down his drink on his desk, face surpassing that of disbelief, “what?”

Seungri deadpan replied, “you said I have three wishes. I'm using my first wish now. Date me every Saturday, Jiyong.”

The look on Jiyong's face was something. He couldn't believe what he was hearing, thinking it was probably a joke. But the look on Seungri's face told him otherwise.

“Seungri, I only date for a week. No more, no less.”

What was up with Seungri anyway? Yes, he was pretty cute especially when he takes off his glasses. Jiyong does find him cute yes, but that doesn't mean he'd want to date him. He doesn't think of him that way.

“Then date me for seven Saturdays. That's equivalent to a week,” Seungri said, face still expressionless. Or at least unreadable to Jiyong.

Is this guy being serious? Jiyong had never dated someone for more than a week before. And what's up with dating only on Saturdays. Why not do it everyday for a week instead? But once the words were said, you can't take them back. Being the man of his words, Jiyong knew he couldn't back out now even if he wanted to.

Sighing, he glanced back at Seungri who was patiently waiting for his answer. “Fine.”

Well, maybe it's time to change his rules for a change.

“Also, please wear this everytime we date,” Seungri suddenly added.

Jiyong rose his eyebrow. He watched as Seungri moved towards him and placed something on his hand.

He glanced down at the item. “A bracelet?”

Seungri looked down for a minute before speaking in a soft voice, “you don't have to wear them everyday. Just every Saturday is fine.”

Jiyong, feeling as if things couldn't get any weirder, sighed and nodded, grasping the bracelet on his hand, “alright.”

Maybe Seungri was trying Jiyong to be his boyfriend, a real one with this bracelet. Or maybe this was something Seungri's ex-lover owned and he wanted to relive the feeling so he wanted Jiyong to wear it. Shrugging, Jiyong continued sipping his drink on his desk, thinking it didn't concern him anyway.

Beyond his knowing, Seungri smiled.

. . .

S a t u r d a y   0 1

“Just why are we doing this again?” Jiyong asked, completely bored as they had stopped in front of something like a replica of a T-rex. Only, this one looked too high definition it mirrored the real one. If dinosaurs were real, that is.

“I've never been in a museum before,” Seungri explained, face in full amusement as he calmly looked and wander around inside the museum with Jiyong tailing from behind.

Jiyong had placed his hands inside his pockets, just stared at Seungri as the younger jumped from one place to a new attraction, to another. Somehow, just watching Seungri having fun like this was more fun than looking at some dead objects.

“Why do you enjoy looking at things with no life?” Jiyong asked while they had stopped to rest in a sweetshop.

Seungri gobbled down his food then promptly answered Jiyong, “just because it doesn't breathe, doesn't mean it can no longer be beautiful.”

Jiyong fell silent at that. Definitely, Seungri was the weirdest date he had ever had.

“Let's go,” Seungri got up after finishing his drink.

“Where are we going?” Jiyong thought it was the last. They had already visited the aquarium, the park, then the museum, which was the most boring date place for Jiyong. What else does Seungri want?

Seungri didn't answer him though and just pulled him up and started to drag him. The moment Seungri did so, he noticed the bracelet around Jiyong's wrist, instantly making him smile.

Jiyong couldn't speak. The moment his feet landed on the familiar floor of the building, words had left his mouth. The stars shone brightly on the sky, dancing in awe as it changed to a set of violet and neon pink rays like a painting changing colors in an artist's loving hand.

It had been years since he felt the familiar warmth from the now strange place. When everything was still raw, so fascinating to Jiyong he could forget everything once he's inside. Unconsciously, Jiyong was again absorbed by the place.

“I always dreamt of seeing the Aurora Borealis,” Seungri said in a low voice.

Realizing he wasn't alone, Jiyong turned and stared at his date. He was surprised to see Seungri's eyes full of life, as if everything they had done the whole day was nothing compared to now. Jiyong felt the same, though he will never admit it.

“Norway, Alaska, Greenland, Canada, Iceland, Northern Sweden, Finland, ” Jiyong said.

Seungri stared.

“You can go to any of those places and you'll be able to see one,” Jiyong uttered, eyes going back to the large screen the planetarium flashed.

Staring at Jiyong, Seungri smiled. “Thank you.”

Jiyong quickly looked at him.

“For agreeing to my kind of 'date' today..,” Seungri lowered his gaze, voice a bit too low Jiyong almost didn't hear it, then he looked up at Jiyong and smiled, “thank you.”

Jiyong felt his chest tightened at the sight. There was a small thud inside his heart that he couldn't define.

Incredibly though, it felt nice. Somehow.

Yes, somehow, it did.

Just like that, their first Saturday date ended and when Sunday came, everything between them turned to normal as if no date had occured the previous day.

Rumors had flew fast as expectedーJiyong still dated people but he had a new rule. He would treat his date like a queen all week, but he had to be free every Saturday.

. . .

S a t u r d a y  0 2

“Musical play?”

Jiyong was dumbfounded. He had never been in such a boring place before. He liked music, yes, but just how he disliked books (the main reason why he made Seungri did his report), it was the same for plays.

“Let's go,” Seungri, oblivious or just unbothered by Jiyong's contorted face, dragged the latter inside.

With a huff, Jiyong found himself painfully watching Les Misérables, feeling the pain of one of the characters in the play. It wasn't supposed to be like this, he wasn't here to be hurt nor cry over some fictional characters. These thoughts linger in his mind even after it ended.

“You're enjoying this, aren't you?” Jiyong sarcastically said to Seungri once they got out.

“Hm. Sorry for making you cry though,” Seungri replied, words referring to their date in general then smiled, stifling a laugh.

Jiyong glared at him, feeling mocked by the innocent little devil, “psh.. okay, where to, next?” Somehow, Jiyong had pretty much became accustomed to it.

Seungri's expression changed, looking as if trying to remember something. It looked cute to Jiyong. These days he would found himself staring at the smaller and actually finding his quirks adorable. Jiyong couldn't help it.

But then he wondered why.

“Let's go.. there,” Seungri finally spoke again, his finger pointing to somewhere.

When Jiyong looked at the direction, his heart almost had stopped.

It was a little too late to move or speak as Jiyong felt he was being dragged by Seungri's small hands, then soon found himself entering the shop.

“Good morning, how may I help you?” the owner greeted.

Seungri gave a polite smile to the old man. “Good morning. We'll look around first. Then we'll let you know.” He then pulled Jiyong again as they started wandering inside.

Jiyong's eyes scanned the shop. It has ancient-looking walls, spotless ceramic shelves, and shiny wooden floors. What captured his attention the most though were the ones that hanged on the walls. Prettily, as if they were in their perfect places, the paintings called out for attention.

Unconsciously, Jiyong moved his hand up and softly brushed his fingers to one of the paintings. It felt soft and warm against his skin in contrast to the rough surface of the material the painter had used and suddenly, he was reminded of his younger days.

“Let's go.”

When Jiyong turned to his side, Seungri was there, face neutral, hands holding some bags that contained items familiar to Jiyong.

“Are those painting materials?” Jiyong asked.

“Yeah,” Seungri bit his bottom lip.

“You paint?” Jiyong queried as they started heading out after Seungri gave his thanks to the shop owner.

“Nope,” Seungri answered.

Jiyong raised an eyebrow, “then what are all those for?” He couldn't, after all, helped but get interested if it concerned this.

“You'll see,” was the only reply of the smaller.

When they arrived at the dormitory, Jiyong was still curious at his roommate's actions.

They had both changed their clothes to more comfortable ones when Seungri placed the materials on his desk, Jiyong silently and patiently waiting for the other to speak.

“So..” Seungri began. “I've decided to use my second wish.”

Jiyong raised an eyebrow, “what is it?”

Seungri bit his lip as he took a deep breath then said, “Paint me.”

Jiyong's eyes widened. Paint? Paint Seungri? But Jiyong had never painted something in ages. He wasn't even sure if he could still do it. Sure he had the talent before.. before everything shattered right in front of his eyes.

Then, Jiyong painted when everything in the world was still beautiful, his heart in bliss. Now, the world had gone dark and his heart was empty, Jiyong doesn't have any more reasons for doing such stupid things.

“Paint me, Jiyong. This is my second wish,” Seungri said one more time, voice suddenly strong and determined.

When Jiyong didn't still answer, Seungri continued to add, “Please.”

The tone turned soft and sweet, and when Jiyong looked at Seungri with his innocent deer-like eyes, Jiyong knew he was screwed.

“Fine.”

His heart made another loud thud after speaking the word. His chest tightened even more as he took a glimpse on his roommate who had a small smile on his face while looking at the materials before him. Slowly, Jiyong felt insects began to scratch and dance in his stomach.

Jiyong, for the secondth time, left wondering what it meant.

. . .

S a t u r d a y   0 3

The dreadful day had came. It was the day Jiyong had promised to paint Seungri. When he had known of this and accepted it, he thought it will be an ordinary one.

Proved him wrong though the moment Seungri requested for a image of him to be painted. Jiyong had never done this before and upon hearing it, his jaw instantly dropped.

Ironic to the playboy he was, Jiyong didn't like seeing other people besides when he was having with his lover of the week.

“Let's start,” before Jiyong could even think of running away, Seungri had already began moving.

Jiyong cleared his throat, trying to push down the sudden anxiety he had. “I.. I don't think I can-”

“Of course you can. And this is my second wish. You can't back down on your words, Jiyong,” Seungri said rather sharply, as if trying to act angry even though there was none of it in his tone.

It was true though. Jiyong was a man of his words. He sighed then gathered up his materials. "Alright."

Seungri opened the windows, letting the morning sunlight fill up the room. He then started taking off his clothes as Jiyong gulped, suddenly feeling nervous about it.

When Seungri finally took off everything and had positioned himself on a chair, Jiyong had to look away. There was this feeling of blood rushing towards his groin upon looking at Seungri's delicate body and Jiyong, Jiyong had to be professional so he looked away.

Breathing in and out deeply, Jiyong began to feel it the moment his hand touched the paintbrush. It was as if he was brought back to the past, where everything was raw and fresh and he could freely paint as much as he wanted.

His eyes landed on Seungri, feeling his heart skip a beat as he took the time to scan his body once again. Seungri's soft locks fell to the right places, his jaw perfect in line with his cheekbones and plum lips, his eyes bright as day. His shoulders, arms and legs, looked soft and pure against the radiant sun light.

He was screaming one thing: perfection.

Each , Jiyong felt a crack inside him. His eyes looking back and forth between Seungri and his canvas, heart pounding at his own work. The cracks were getting louder as he continued to do his art.

He was being pulled. He could feel it.

The crack was something to break his world. Or at least the world he had created. He knew he had carefully built the walls around him, so he won't ever get hurt again. He needed the walls to protect him from the cruelty of the world.

So why was this happening?

Why did he feel like opening up for someoneーsomeone like Seungri?

The moment the painting was done, Jiyong felt a wave of relief and accomplishment washed over him. He couldn't explain how delighted he was with his work done.

“I like it,” Seungri commented as he stared at the finished product on his hands.

Jiyong cleared his throat, “really?” Did he really make it good this time? Even after years of stalling?

Seungri's gentle smile was enough to bring another set of emotions inside Jiyong though, suddenly feeling the need to pull the smaller against his body.

Seungri brushed his fingers against the canvas after it dried up, looking as if it was the best thing he had ever seen in his life. “It's the best painting I've ever seen and had.. Thank you, Jiyong.”

Jiyong's heart swelled. He didn't know why. Somehow, he felt more than inspired to do more. He realized, for Seungri, he could.

He would.

. . .

S a t u r d a y  0 4

“You should've told me this is the place we're going to next..” Jiyong muttered, his eyes squinting under the invincible sun. Not like he hated the beach or anything but he could've at least applied some skin protection if he was told about this place.

“Suspense. I want some suspense too,” Seungri explained, wearing a small smile.

Jiyong couldn't help but smile too, as if looking at Seungri could make him do it automatically. He knew something was up. He could feel it. There was something wrong in his body.

Some days on the weekdays, he'd find himself staring at Seungri more often than usual. Ever since he painted Seungri, he couldn't stop thinking about his face. At first, it was just his face, then his body, then his eyes, his smiles, his everything.

His interest on his girlfriend for the week had gradually died down, to the point he had bluntly asked them to leave him alone for a while. The school's blogsite went on fire, asking what was wrong with the famous playboy of the school.

But Jiyong himself couldn't explain it. Just what was happening to him?

“I've heard this is best eaten with cucumbers,” Seungri mentioned as they went to a mini restaurant near the beach, finger pointing at a type of meat on his plate. “But I don't like cucumbers.”

“Then don't eat it,” Jiyong exclaimed.

“We shouldn't waste food,” Seungri strongly said, gulping as he started chomping down his food.

He was about to touch the cucumber when all of a sudden, Jiyong took them out of his plate and placed them on his. Seungri stared at him, face asking why Jiyong did that.

Without saying anything, Jiyong began eating the cucumbers.

Seungri smiled, and when Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter