fin

Sweet Letters

It was a normal day, Hyewon walked into the school like usual, she opened her locker. Already expecting a note from someone she has yet to find out who. A small pink note fell out of Hyewon's messy locker. In neat cursive writing, it had her name written in bold letters. Hyewon opened up the smal note, revealing simple sweet words someone had decided to write for her. 

Have a lovely day, eat your meals on time! ♡

- K.M

The words made Hyewon smile, it was cute. The little heart in the end had made Hyewon chuckle. Whoever wrote the note had a very soft heart. Hyewon placed the note carefully in her locker before taking her textbooks for her classes and closing it shut. 

Hyewon walked to her class, the little note had made her day a little less boring. She wanted to find out who it was with the initials K.M. As Hyewon left her locker, Kim Minjoo looked around warily before slipping another small note into Hyewon's locker. Then walked away as if nothing happened. Minjoo has been doing this for almost a month now, placing little notes into Hyewon's locker. Occasionally a rose or teddy bear. It was Minjoo's daily routine and she loved seeing Hyewon smile while reading her notes, it made her smile too.

Hyewon sat at her seat for her History class, almost dozing off until a small white note her seatmate had slipped to her. The same cursive and neat handwriting greeted her. 

Pay attention in class, I don't want you failing anything :( It's lunch right after this, so just stay awake little longer! ♡

-K.M

The cute note had Hyewon smiling again, the same cute heart at the end made her squeal like a school girl inside. Hyewon looked around her class, trying to figure who could possibly pass her the note. None of the students in class looked suspicious and so Hyewon eventually gave up and listened to whatever the teacher was talking about. 

Kim Minjoo who sat far away from Hyewon, watched her open the note in delight. The reaction had made Minjoo's day, she was happy that Hyewon liked her notes. A small tint of blush was visible on her cheeks but she pulled up her hoodie to cover up. The bell rang and Minjoo and Hyewon both packed up. Hyewon unknowingly walks past the girl who was sending her notes. 

Hyewon walked to her locker to find her friend, Yujin standing by her locker waiting. Yujin and Minjoo were quite close, they attend the same club. Yujin didn't even know about Minjoo sending Hyewon notes, until today. Hyewon opened her locker to find another pink letter with the same cursive writing.

You look cute today like always uwu. Smile more, it looks good on you :) ♡

-K.M

Again, it made Hyewon smile. It was so simple but adorable, maybe even more adorable than the small Nako. Hyewon was smiling to herself, ignoring her friend's blabbers until Yujin snatched away the little note from Hyewon's hands. 

"Wow, Hyewonnie got a love letter." Yujin laughed as she observed the pink coloured paper. 

"Hey! Give it back!" Hyewon exclaimed as she tried to take the paper from Yujin's hands, but Yujin had an advantage with her height. Hyewon desperately tried to jump to grab the paper but failed and eventually gave up.

Yujin read out the note out loud. Causing Hyewon to be embarassed, she wanted the little note to be kept neatly in her locker. So she could read it whenever she felt lonely. 

Yujin saw the initials at the end and immediately thought of Kim Minjoo, the handwriting looked similar to hers too. 

"Hey Hyewon, do you know who sends you these notes?" 

"No, but I know whoever does is in my history class." 

Yujin confirmed her theory, she knew Minjoo shared History with Hyewon. A smirk formed on her lips.

"I know who sends these letters." Yujin said as she handed the pink paper back to Hyewon.

"Who?" Hyewon asked innocently.

Yujin leaned in and whispered it in her ear.

"Kim Minjoo." 

Hyewon didn't believe Yujin at first, looking at her with an 'Are you serious?' face. Yujin reasoned out why she had every reason to think that. Hyewon eventually nodded, Yujin's speculations were quite accurate. Hyewon glanced around the hallways, hoping that maybe the sender was still hanging around. But unfortunately, the hallways were quite empty with only a couple of people walking around. 

Hyewon sighed and stared at the small pink note. 

"Maybe you're right. I'll handle this myself." Hyewon placed her remaining books in her locker and the pink note into the stack of them in the corner, a few roses and a couple teddy bears sitting there too. Hyewon kept everything Minjoo gave her. 

"If you say so." Yujin shrugged, she had nothing to do with this. 

"Hey, let's go. I'm starving." Yujin whined while pulling on Hyewon's sleeve. 

"Okay okay, let's go." Hyewon and Yujin walked to the cafeteria together, arms linked together and blabbering about silly things. 

.

The next morning, Hyewon woke up extra early in hopes to meet the person sending the sweet letters. The sun was barely rising and Hyewon already reached the school, the hallways were lit up by bright fluorescent lights with no one to be seen. Hyewon decided to write a note on her locker for K.M. 

To K.M

Meet me at the rooftop the moment you read this, if you're not there before the bell rings. I'll take it as you don't want to be revealed yet, I understand. I hope to see you soon :) 

Hyewon pasted the little note on her locker and walked up to the rooftop to wait for K.M. Hyewon blasted music through her earphones, daydreaming and thinking while waiting. 

Minjoo walked into school as usual, she always comes early to slide a pink note into Hyewon's locker. But before she could, a note was pasted right in front of it. Minjoo comtemplated going up there but seeing how leaving notes every single day will not progress Hyewon's interest much longer. 

Minjoo slid the pink note for today in her back pocket and walked up the stairs leading to the rooftop. She opened the door to find a beauty sitting there with her earphones plugged in. Her dark brown hair flowing from the morning breeze. The sun shined in the perfect angles showing off her flawless features. Hyewon looked breathtaking. 

Minjoo walked towards Hyewon with slow and hestitant steps, Minjoo made her way to Hyewon. Seeing the stunning girl in front of her made her heart skip a beat. Hyewon didn't seem to notice Minjoo's presence, so Minjoo took some time to gather up all her courage to speak up. 

"H-hello?" Minjoo queitly stuttered out. 

Hyewon barely heard Minjoo's voice but managed to catch on. She took out her earphones and turned around to find a shy Minjoo behind her fidgeting with her fingers and staring at her feet. 

Hyewon smiled, the girl really came. And she couldn't believe it was really the charming visual Kim Minjoo, Yujin was right. Hyewon stood up and walked toward Minjoo, facing her. 

"You really came." Hyewon had a soft and gentle smile on her face, happy that Minjoo had to courage to come.

The smile had left the easily flustered Minjoo blushing. She may seem bold in words but in real life, she's extremely shy.

"Y-yeah. I did." Minjoo smiled right back. 

Hyewon reached out to grab Minjoo's hands. Her cold hands felt warm in the grasp of Minjoo's.  

"I'm happy you came, K.M."

"I'm happy as long as you are." Minjoo said truthfully with a shy smile. 

"You're quite the sweet talker, Minjoo." Hyewon said with a teasing smile.

"Only for you." 

Minjoo pulled out the pink note Hyewon grew to love over time from her pocket, handing it to Hyewon. 

Hyewon took it in slience, opening the paper filled with neat cursive writing Hyewon fell in love with. 

Can we have lunch together? I'd like to say the things I write in here in front of you. Wait for me at your locker during lunch break, I hope to see you. ♡

-Kim Minjoo

"Of course you can. I'll definitely be waiting." Hyewon said with huge smile. The cute notes Minjoo writes everyday never fails to make her smile. Minjoo was ecstatic, she couldn't be happier. She had the largest, goofiest grin on her face. The bell rang right then, class was starting very soon. 

"I'll see you soon, Kim Minjoo." Hyewon waved goodbye and threw a wink at her. She left a flustered Minjoo behind and left for class. 

Minjoo stood there frozen, not sure how to process the things that happened in a span of one morning. Minjoo eventually left the rooftop, with a goofy lovestruck smile and a heart full of admiration and love, already excited for classes to be over to meet Hyewon. A girl she couldn't help but fall in love with. 

 

 

 

a/n: hyejoo/hyeju is underrated, y'all should ship these two awkward babies. they're adorable uwu. ship hyejoo/hyeju 2k19