Meet Tatsmato

If a matoki killed another matoki would it be illegal? What do you mean Matoplanet has laws against murder? When did Matoplanet even have laws? They’ve always had laws? Well that’s news to me.

Tatsmato looked over his platoon carefully. Everyone was standing in neat rows, saluting him. He saluted back and gave them their orders before he watched them enter a cave. This was his third platoon, the other two never came back when they entered the cave. Whatever was in there must be killing them off or maybe they got lost. Tatsmato felt bad for sending so many young matoki to their death but orders were orders and one of these platoons will come back. At least he hoped they would come back. Tatsmato returned to homebase and gave the higher ups his report. When he was dismissed for the day, Tatsmato returned to his room and finally let the tiredness settle into his bones. He couldn't do this anymore. Everyday he would think up more and more questions until they drove him crazy. Everyday different matoki would demand to know what happened to their loved ones and he could only shrug his shoulders because he didn't know what happened to them. Everyday would hope for answers but they never came. Everyday he would toss and turn in his bunk. Everyday when he went down to the lower levels of the homebase he would hear painful cries.  Everyday he would wonder what the was happening. Well tomorrow he was leaving. At least that's what he told himself every night but maybe it'll be true one day.