While our blood's still young (PART 2)

Sweet Disposition

“So, how’s your first day so far? Sorry if we don’t really have an official tour of the campus for you 3, you all came in during a pretty hectic time since it's the start of classes. We could do it on Sunday since we’ll all be free by then!” Exy asks this as she and Xuan Yi take a seat on the bleachers.

 

Xuan Yi started her first 2 classes with Exy, but her last 2 classes were with Eunseo. She was able to meet up with Exy for snacks just now so she wouldn’t get lost for her last class since Eunseo wasn’t replying to her texts.

 

“It’s actually going pretty well. Some people couldn’t tell I was a foreigner because of my Korean, but everyone has been really nice. Eunseo was my seatmate. I think she’s going to make me her seatmate again.” Xuan Yi was dragged to Eunseo's side the second Xuan Yi entered the room of her 3rd class. 

 

Exy laughs a bit.

 

“I hope she doesn’t bother you too much, she’s a handful but Eunseo is one of the kindest girls I’ve met.”

 

Xuan Yi hums in agreement. At first, she thought Eunseo was very loud and quite obnoxious. But during her 3rd class she was warming up to Eunseo and her self-titled “beagle-like” energy. Eunseo was… very affectionate. Borderline flirting really, but Xuan Yi didn’t mind because she’s like that with the other 2 Chinese girls.  

 

Xuan Yi suddenly remembers something that she found curious with the dorm.

 

“How many are you in the dorm?"

 

Exy raises her hands to show 10.

 

“We are actually 10 in the dorm. Usually, it’s 2 per room but to make space for you Chinese girls, 3 of us had to move into the bigger room right across us with. So there are 3 people in that dorm.  Room assignments now are jumbled up compared to last year. It's for the better though, we are learning about each other a bit more.”

 

“My usual roommate is a very close friend of mine named Hyunjung. She has a way different schedule though then you, so you’ll see her later. You’ll actually get to meet them all later! Don’t worry, though they are all different, they are all the kindest girls I’ve met. They’re my family here. Like a “Starship” family so to say.”

 

“That makes me even more nervous, but a little bit more excited! It’s like you're welcoming us 3 to the family.” Xuan Yi couldn’t contain her excitement in her voice. Just one more class until she gets to meet everyone in the dorm.

 

“Hey, that’s actually true! 3 adopted Chinese girls in our big dorm family. Oh shoot look at the time, my hip-hop rap org meeting is starting in awhile. I’ll see you later Xuan Yi! Thanks for the seaweed!” Exy gives Xuan Yi a quick high five and runs off towards the cluster of buildings.

 

Xuan Yi stands up to get ready, but her eyes are closed by someone with a very familiar voice.

 

“Heyyyyy seatmate. Ready for the next classssss?”

 

Xuan Yi recognizes the voice immediately.

 

“Hello, Eunseo. Yes, yes, I’m ready for the next class."

 

"Let's go to class. Tell me about your family, what’s it like in Hai-” Xuan Yi will have to survive the onslaught of her new hyperactive friend. For now, she’s willing to answer Eunseo questions as she’s being dragged to their next class.

 

 

“Hurry up Xuan Yi we’re going to be late!” Eunseo’s way ahead of Xuan Yi. The taller girl sprinted without any effort as poor Xuan Yi is trying to catch up.

 

“Eunseo slow down! Aren’t we close already?” Xuan Yi is laughing though, Eunseo is a handful but this was pretty fun.

 

“Oh, yeah right! Okay, we can definitely slow down. You memorized the way home so quickly! I got lost during the first few weeks.”

 

Xuan Yi learned a lot from and about Eunseo during their last class. They were at the back of the class, so they weren’t noticed by the professor for being noisy. Eunseo talked about her family, her track career, and her dreams of being an orthopedic surgeon. It was a lot to digest from Eunseo, but it made Xuan Yi feel more comfortable with her.

 

Eunseo’s quiet for most of the trip back to the dorm then decides to speak

 

“I’m actually glad you 3 girls came, we were all excited when we heard that we will be having 3 new dormmates. Even if it was just for a while. It's just recently everyone has been busy, and soon we 3rd years will be graduating next year. And 4th year might be even busier”

 

Xuan Yi’s pretty touched by this. They’ve only met these girls for 1 day but it’s like they’re talking like they’ve known each other.

 

But just to make the mood not too sappy, tries Xuan Yi brightens up the mood.

 

“That’s really sweet Eunseo. We still got months together, and I get to meet everyone else later."

 

Speaking of hanging out with the rest of the dormmates, Xuan Yi remembers she never asked Exy who the others were.

 

“Actually Eunseo, who are the other dormers?”

 

“Oh, yea! Well, I’ll try to give a quick introduction because you’ll meet them anyways. We have two other maknaes other than Yeoreum named Dayoung and Yeonjung. Those three are in 2nd year. Then there’s us who are in 3rd year. That's me, Dawon, and Luda. Lastly, we have our unofficial unnies including Exy. They are Soobin, Seola, and-”

 

Eunseo was about to finish when she and Xuan Yi noticed two girls walking towards the dorm’s front yard. It looked like Cheng Xiao and Mei Qi.

 

“Hey Xuan Yi, look it’s your fellow countrywomen! Why don’t we sneak up on them like how I did it to you a while ago?

 

“Lead the way soldier!” Xuan Yi says as she starts to crouch, ready to approach the girls.

 

They both approach the two unsuspecting Chinese girls unsuspectingly. Xuan Yi swears Eunseo must have had some type of military training with all the rolls and crawling Eunseo was doing. It looked ridiculous, but it was very effective.

 

They were pretty close now. The targets were on the front lawn of the dorm. Eunseo gives a hand signal to Xuan Yi saying to “attack” them on 3. Xuan Yi notices however that Mei Qi already has a quick change of clothes. Xuan Yi dismisses the thought though thinking Mei Qi must have been dismissed early and just decided to get Cheng Xiao.

 

Eunseo gives the signal “3!” Quickly they spring into action as Eunseo and Xuan Yi pounce on their respective targets.

Xuan Yi decides to do something extra. She closes her distance with Mei Qi and says her usual greeting to her.

 

Wǒ ài nǐ”.

 

For an added effect, Xuan Yi decided to use her usual greeting for Mei Qi with a more romantic voice. But for some reason, Mei Qi’s not moving, and Xuan Yi actually feels Mei Qi’s body tense up. Cheng Xiao seems to have guessed it was Eunseo, as both are already talking face to face. But both seem pretty enthralled to notice that Xuan Yi’s in a bit of an awkward situation.

 

Xuan Yi decides to speak up

 

“Hey, it’s me are you okay? Mei Qi?”

 

“Xuan Yi?”

 

Unfortunately, to Xuan Yi, that voice did not from the girl in front of her. To add to Xuan Yi’s embarrassment and horror, Mei Qi is right by the door with a taller girl in black hair. Eunseo and Cheng Xiao also seem to notice the situation and just stare right at what is about to unfold.

 

Xuan Yi instantly lets go of the girl and apologizes.

 

“Oh, my goodness I’m so sorry I thought you were my frie-”

 

Xuan Yi pauses mid-sentence. The girl turned around and Xuan Yi is floored by her looks. At first glance, the girl does look like Mei Qi, but instantly Xuan Yi knows she’s looking at a very different and beautiful girl. Said beautiful girl also has the same hair color as Mei Qi, though she’s a bit thinner than Mei Qi. 

 

“Oh! You must be the other Chinese transferee Cheng Xiao was talking about other than Mei Qi.”

 

Xuan Yi is starting to melt as the “new” pretty girl starts to speak. She’s inwardly panicking.

 

“You scared me, I thought you were some random person sneaking up on us. I was about to get my pepper spray."

 

Xuan YI can’t believe she did the most awkward thing in her existence. She’s going to have to rack up some words to save herself. Xuan Yi bows, trying to also hide her reddening cheeks.

 

“I’m really sorry though, it’s sometimes  how I usually greet my friends.”

 

“If that’s how you greet friends, I wonder how you greet the people you date. But it's okay, I get you thought I was someone else. You're forgiven. ” The girl says this while doing that bewitching eye smile Xuan Yi’s hypnotized under. Exy’s right, they really are all so friendly. But this girl is way too friendly, she just brushed this off all the sudden. 

 

Xuan Yi was turning red pretty fast out of sheer embarrassment and visual overload. At least she was able to salvage to moment. Somewhat. The tension is slowly disappearing, and everyone shares a small laugh.

 

Xuan Yi decides to introduce herself first.

 

“Anyways, um yea I’m Xuan Yi, your new temporary dormmate. What’s your name?”

 

"Well, hello. I'm Kim Jiyeon. But friends call me Bona