A moment, a love

Sweet Disposition

Xuan Yi reenters the clinic, welcoming the last patient in a busy schedule. To everyone around her, today was another busy day full of patients. But to her, it opens more opportunities to help out, especially since she just came back from Korea a month ago. Adjusting back to life in Hainan was a bit difficult. 

 

But for now, she’s lucky to have ended a bit early in the schedule so she could go home, eat her usual dinner of seaweed and ramen (she notes she might have to start eating healthier food), possibly binge-watch the latest drama she’s been following, and get some sleep in for the next day. 

 

“Give this to her 2 times a day to help with the fever until next week, and hopefully when I see her by then I can give her this!” Xuan Yi holds up a big lollipop to the father of her sleeping patient. 

 

“I can’t thank you enough, this flu has been bothering my daughter for days. How can I ever repay you?” 

 

As he brings out his wallet Xuan Yi stops him.

 

“No please, keep the money. You can repay me by taking care of her, and I’ll see you next week okay?” 

 

“You are a blessing from the heavens! Thank you so much!” The now tearful father leaves with his daughter, and Xuan Yi let’s go of a breath she didn’t know she was holding. After knowing the history of her patient, she couldn’t allow him to pay anything. It was the least she could do.

 

Xuan Yi’s about to close the clinic, but just to be sure she calls out to her secretary to see if there are really no more patients.

 

“Zining! Do I have any patients left waiting?” 

 

It takes a while before Zining buzzes in.

 

“Hi, Doc! No more patients, though there’s someone who’s been waiting to talk to you. She says it’s important you talk to her now. Do I send her in?” 

 

"Her? Who could it be? "  

 

Usually, Zining tells her if the person was a sales rep or a personal friend, but she didn’t mention any particular names or the fact she KNOWS no one knows she recently got back. Only her younger brother and her parents know she's home.

 

This has made her hesitant. But she was even more curious.

 

“Send her in please”

 

The door opens, and as Xuan Yi makes eye contact with the mysterious visitor, time starts to slow down. Xuan Yi’s face turns pale, her heart is trying to beat right out her chest. Her mind tells her to bolt right out of the room but her pounding heart tells her to stay. 

 

The visitor sits right in front of her. She gives a mesmerizing smile Xuan Yi has known all these years. She starts talking in an angelic voice Xuan Yi hoped to forget.

 

“Hello, Xuan Yi. Aren’t you going to ask how I am?” It sounds bittersweet, and Xuan Yi’s chest tightens. 

 

“How... how did you find me?” is all that Xuan Yi could muster. Xuan Yi is trying to look at anywhere else, or else she would explode. 

 

“It took a while. It was pretty hard to find you. But not everyone in China uses Korean techniques. And from there… well let’s just say you’re famous in that department” 

 

It’s a long silence. Xuan Yi finally stares into those longing eyes like she’s never left Korea. She didn’t want to leave, but what happened in Korea felt that she HAD to leave. 

 

“Why did you leave Xuan Yi? I… I missed you so much”

 

“You… you have no idea how much I missed you… Jiyeon”