Pebble - chapter 1

Pebble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Pebble Jinjin (Park Jinwoo) & Rocky (Park Minhyuk) Moon Bin, Yoon Sanha, Cha Eunwoo (Lee Dongmin) and MJ (Kim Myungjun)  

That morning, Jinjin woke up with a foreboding sensation. The second his eyes opened, he felt like something was off - terribly off.

It was earlier than usual, his eyes were wide open and the sunrise wasn't there yet. It was around 4 AM, but he couldn't close his eyes again.

He sighed, then sat on his bed. They still shared their bedroom, like they did since their debut. Eunwoo with Moon Bin and Sanha, MJ, Rocky and himself in the other bedroom.

Jinjin looked next to him, where MJ was sleeping peacefully. Over him, he heard a soft noise. He frowned, wondering if someone else was awake.

He stood up slowly and looked up on the top bed bunk. Sanha was sleeping, snoring a little. Rocky didn't seem to be there. Again, the strange sensation came back to him. His heartbeat started to race, he bit his lips.

He got out the room, closing the door behind him. Rocky was here last night. He remembered how they wished each other a good night. Jinjin searched every room, he even peaked in Eunwoo and Moonbin's room. Nowhere.

As the good leader he was, he often acted like their mother. When they left, they told him. When something was wrong, they told him. Now where the hell was Rocky?

He walked outside, still in pajama. Maybe he was outdoor? Just breathing fresh air? Nope. Jinjin run around the block, unable to see his friend.

His heartbeat was the only thing he could hear. It was too early for traffic, too early for people to go to work and too late for people coming back from bar. It was just the right hour when everybody in Seoul was sleeping.

Well, almost everybody. Because apparently, Jinjin and Rocky weren't.

After a moment, he just took his cellphone and wrote to him.

Jinjin
"Where did you go?"

He didn't want to sound afraid or mad, but his feelings were mixed. Rocky never ran away. It's not like him. Something must have happened.

His phoned chimed after a while. Jinjin sighed, walking back slowly in direction of his dorm.

Rocky
"Outside. I needed fresh air."

Jinjin stopped moving, frowning. He looked around him, he wasn't there. Where is he exactly? Sure, he was an adult. He can go where he wants. But it's unusual for him.

Jinjin
"Get back home. It's so freaking late."

He would wait for the younger, as long as he needed. A cold breezed made him shiver - he should have put warmer clothes before getting out. He wasn't the most clever sometimes. He decided to sit on a bench while waiting for him. After all, better get comfortable, it might take a while.

And it did.

Rocky appeared around 10 minutes later, from another street. Jinjin was far from him, not too close from their dorm's building.

Jinjin was about to stand up and walk to him when ne noticed how strangely Rocky was walking. One hand on his face, he was staggering slowly to their home. His face seemed red too.

As there was no sound in the city, Jinjin could hear him clearly - and it hurt him so bad. Rocky was crying. Not small tears - he was really pouring his heart out while walking. He stopped just in front of the entrance and sat on the floor, hiding his face with both hands. Jinjin's heart tighten - he never saw him like that. Rocky was often smiling and mostly neutral. He rarely saw his tears.

Something must be seriously wrong.

After gulping and fighting with himself - he decided he would walk to his friend and talk to him. After all, he was a good hyung and a good leader.

He took forever before reaching him. He stopped right next to him and sat next to him. Rocky became quiet instantly, still hiding himself from the other.

"Rocky-ah" he finally found the strength to talk. He was afraid his voice would betray his emotions. So far, it seemed fine.
"What's wrong buddy?" He closed his eyes right away, thinking how stupid he might sound.

Rocky moved right next to him, wiping quickly his tears. Jinjin could see his puffy eyes for a moment before he looked away.

"I-I'm fine. Just tired."

The oldest sighed. He hated when the other wouldn't open up. It made everything more difficult.

"Did the fresh air help you?"

Rocky opened his mouth to talk, but instead new tears rolled on his chins. He frowned, wiping them again.

"No." He finally admitted.
"When I am not in my right state of mind, I like to go for a run until I get better. Wanna do it with me?"

Rocky turned his gaze to his friend. He looked so hurt and lost, Jinjin had his heart in his throat. Whatever happened to him, he wanted to make him feel better. He needed to. Because he was a good friend, leader, hyung and mostly, because it hurt himself, seeing the man he liked being like this.

"I might never stop running then." His voice was so small, barely inaudible.

Jinjin touched his elbow, trying to smile at him.

"Then let's start right away."

He stood up, and offered him a hand. He got up without touching him. He walked first, waiting and making sure he was following him.

Now - as he ran outside quickly earlier he was still in pajama. He looked plain stupid. But he would do everything for him.

They started to jog and at some point, Rocky started to sprint. The older tried to follow him, but he was a lot faster than him. As he was running on the same road, it was easy to look at him from behind. At least Jinjin wouldn't lose him again.

After an hour of running, he saw Rocky falling down on the side of the street. He must have reach his limit. He must admit, he was close to his too. He ran and arrived next to him few seconds later. Rocky was sitting, panting and trying to catch his breath. His eyes were still red - he probably cried while running. But it was good, if he could express his emotions.

Jinjin sat next to him, trying to breathe naturally. Rocky's hair were wet from the sweat. The older always found him beautiful after a work out. With the sunrise just behind him, it was a gorgeous view.

"Did it help?"

The younger looked at him a moment, then look at the sun. When his breathing became more stable, he found the courage to speak.

"I guess."

They walked home slowly. Sun was now set and people were walking around them on the street. Many looked at the leader strangely because of his clothes. Rocky had the brain to change his clothes before leaving. He had a hoodie and jeans, while the other had a tank top and some jogging. He was pretty cold and was glad they were walking back to the dorm.

Jinjin shivered, his arms while trying to warm myself. Rocky quickly took off his hoodie and gave it to him. The older smiled, feeling ashamed. He shouldn't have to do this. He was taking care of him.

"I am fine, thanks."
"You'll be sick if you don't get warmer."

Jinjin shrugged his shoulder.

"Hyung, we will work in the studio in few weeks. You can't be sick."

The older sighed while accepting the hoodie. Rocky had a long shirt under, meaning he was still warm without it.

He put it on, while feeling shy. It fit him pretty well - both usually wore the same clothe size.

"Thanks. Let's head back home. I wouldn't want you to be sick because of my silliness."

Rocky's eyes were softer to him. Maybe he was feeling better?

They small talked for a while. Jinjin figured it would take around 30 minutes to reach home now. They ran fast and for a long time earlier. He was happy if it helped the other, but now they had to walk back, and he felt stupid.

"So... Wanna talk about what happened?" Asked the leader.

Rocky looked away, biting his lips. He could feel the tension and the fear in his eyes.

"You don't need to, if you don't want." He finally added.

The younger seemed to breathe more freely.

"You weren't supposed to see me like this."

Jinjin sighed.

"We never want to be seen when we are at disadvantage. Do you think I enjoy when people look at me in pajama?"

He made the other chuckled lightly.

"The thing is, friendship is the best part of disadvantage. When stranger meet you like this, your instinct is to hide because you think they will judge you. A friend - a good friend - will always be by your side. When you'll be ready to tell me what happened, I'll gladly be here for you."

Rocky looked away and Jinjin could see him wiping a tear or two.

"Thanks."

They stay quiet for the rest of the walk. Jinjin opened the door to Rocky when they got inside.

The younger sprint to the washroom to take a shower. Jinjin went to his bed and felt down. He was dirty and full of sweat too, he'll take a shower after his friend.

MJ was still sleeping next to him. It made him smile lightly. He seemed so peaceful and happy. If he could give a part of his happiness to Rocky, it would be fantastic.

Jinjin felt asleep in his bed while waiting for the shower.

 

 

"Hyung, did you sleep all morning?"

Jinjin frowned, feeling lost and dizzy. He opened his eyes, trying to look around but it was so sunny and bright.

The other person poked him, making him chuckled right away. He was sensible to every touch and his friends knew it.

"I am awake." He finally mumbled while opening his eyes.

Sanha was looking at him with a soft smile.

"I know it's not my business, but you should take a shower. It smells like we worked out in the bedroom."

Jinjin touched his hair - still wet from sweat.

"I was waiting after Rocky to take a shower..."
"He's not even home, what are you talking about? Just go please. I would like to study and I can't concentrate with you here."

Jinjin frowned even more.

"What? Where is he? What time is it?"<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter