The Cabin On The Cliff

The Cabin On The Cliff
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Post apocalyptic Korea was a barren land. There were no trees, no grass and no sign of life from nature. Streets were not streets. Buildings were not buildings. All that's left was dust and debris after a mega explosion wiped the whole country out.

 

In that barren land, there were survivors of the blast. They were the current known survivors and they are Wendy, Joy and Yeri. The four soldiers were fortunate and managed to reach a secure underground shelter before the blast happened.

 

There were two other survivors – Seulgi and Irene.

 

Where Seulgi and Irene were, was in a wooden cabin located on the edge of a cliff. In the barren land, this was the only place where a house still stood, where the grass was still green and where a single tree stood. A few steps from the cabin, the green grass ends. It marked a distinct line from the dirt and dust of the barren land.

 

Irene was the cause of this havoc. Before the world was destroyed, when the city looked like a city, Irene had joined the bad and threatened to destroy the whole world. Abandoned as a child and abused by her various foster families, she found no good in this horrid world.

 

Irene fell into a depression. She wanted to end her life at the age of ten but that all changed when she joined a cult. By worshipping Satan, she acquired powers; powers of a powerful telekinetic to aid her in her journey of destruction. Irene started scheming. She joined the military, gained their trust and learned their secrets. She was intending to destroy the world until she met this one particular girl.

 

Irene joined the military at 15 and met Seulgi when she was 16. Seulgi approached the shy Irene first and they hit off. Suddenly it was as though all of Irene's troubles were gone. They were friends for the next three years before they started dating. Things were going well for them the next few years until Irene learnt that the commander Seulgi. Back then, Irene was 23 and Seulgi was 20.

 

People were bad. People were merciless. Irene was reminded of why she wanted to get rid of all these people. She started by killing the commander before commencing the plan – to blow up the country. That lead to the scene where Irene was in the nuclear power plant setting up her bombs.

 

"Irene! Stop!" Seulgi, the only surviving solider on site, begged.

 

"Why? Don't you know what those disgusting humans did to you? They are merciless, greedy, and selfish! That was why I was granted this power to wipe them ALL out." Irene boomed and then switched to a gentle voice. “But don't worry, I'll keep you safe and sound. We'll live together in our dream home and no one would bother us."

 

"You're insane!" Seulgi spat.

 

In a fit of rage, Irene levitated Seulgi off the ground and flung her against the wall. Now that Seulgi was out of the picture, Irene could continue setting up the bombs. After she was done, she started the 20-minute timer and got herself and Seulgi out of the place to their cabin by he cliff.

 

Irene traded her powers for a one-time charm that would protect the area that they were in. Her powers were taken away and the spell was casted, helping to protect her and Seulgi's little retreat. Irene placed Seulgi in the bed and stripped herself as well. She lay down beside Seulgi and spooned her as she waited for the fireworks to began.

 

In the barren land, this was the only place where a house still stood, where the grass was still green and where a single tree stood.

 

.

 

When Seulgi came to, she was startled. What were they doing that their further home? Wasn't she confronting Irene earlier? Was the fight all a dream after all? Seulgi slipped out of bed, wore her clothes and walked towards the door.

 

Seulgi was in mid stretch when she halted. A few steps from the cabin, the green grass ends. It marked a distinct line from the dirt and dust of the barren land.

 

It wasn't a dream.

 

She stormed back into the cabin and snatched the blanket off of Irene's body. Seulgi nudged at her to wake up and didn't even give her any time to dress before confronting her.

 

"Now we can live together without worries. Wasn't it always our dream?" Irene said with a smile. It was her usual warm smile but right now it only looked disgusting to Seulgi.

 

Seulgi picked up the portrait of them and smashed it against the ground. Irene's heart broke as she sat in the bed watching. Seulgi exploded into a blind rage and started to destroy everything in the cabin. The chairs, the tables, the cutlery and the once smooth walls were not spared. When Seulgi was done, the whole house looked like it had been hit by a tornado.

 

"I. HATE. YOU." Seulgi spat as she started Irene in the eyes. "I never want to see you ever again."

 

Seulgi left and never came back.

 

.

 

Seulgi went back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter