End

Christmas Gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She flutters her eyes open in shock. Is this a dream or did she wake up late? There is no sound of her alarm. Mina shoots up to a sitting position on the bed and checks the time on her phone. 7:15 in the morning. The 6AM alarm she set yesterday went off, someone must have turned it off while she was sleeping. Glancing to her right, her husband is not here on a Christmas morning. He must be up to something already. Mina rubs her face, stretches her arms and legs and lets out a sigh. She gets off the bed and makes the bed so that it looks proper.

 

As she makes her way to the kitchen, she smells something burning from across the living room. Is Sehun trying to bake cookies again? He failed the first time when he baked on her birthday last year though.

 

“What are you doing?” Mina asks cheekily while flashing him a smile. Sehun who is still in his pajama from last night diverts his attention from the burnt cookies to his wife, totally expecting her to be awake already. “You’re awake. Thought you could use some sleep so I tried to bake cookies instead but... I guess, it didn’t turn out well.” he scratches his nape, giving her the I-need-help-with-this look.

 

Mina goes over to stand next to him and eyes the poor cookies. “Aw, baby. That’s sweet of you. Have you tasted them?”

 

Sehun nods. “You better not. I’ll throw them away.”

 

“Alright, and I’ll make real tasty ones after I shower.” Mina hugs his bicep. They look at each other as if they could see love flowing out of their eyes. “Give me a kiss.”

 

“No...” Mina pushes his face away slowly. They both know full well how much she dislikes morning kisses (when you haven’t brushed you teeth yet). She doesn’t want him to kiss her while she still has her morning breath. Sehun chuckles, taking her hand to intertwine it with his. “Why don’t you brush your teeth first and make your cookies. Then we can shower together. You’ll get flour all over you when you bake.”

 

“That’s just you, you know. Look at the mess you made!” Mina teases. He did not make that big of a mess. “There’s no mess! What are you talking about? You want me to tickle you?” Sehun makes a look of disbelief, almost as if he had just lost an argument.

 

Mina immediately lets go of his hand. “No. I want to brush my teeth, bye!” Sehun laughs out loud. She is sensitive to tickles. She hates it. Tickles make her giggle like crazy. Sehun likes tickling her but he doesn’t do it often as it tires her out from all the giggling and the struggle to break free from his tickle attack.

 

 

 

 

Mina is now almost done with her Christmas cookies. She made her cookies shaped into Christmas trees, candy canes and reindeers. She is putting icing on them. Her cookies this time are sugar cookies with different flavours for each shape. The christmas trees ones have minty taste, candy canes are plain sweet whereas the reindeers are chocolate flavoured. She is eager to let her husband and their parents taste her cookies soon when they arrive.

 

They are not cooking  today because his parents cooked for them and are bringing the food. Mina's parents are travelling so they're only bringing presents. Sehun has surely helped her cut the cookies. The icing part is easy so Mina insists on doing it herself. She doesn't want to have him mess up the design. While Mina is busy finishing up the rest of the cookies, Sehun announces that he wants to take out the trash.

 

What she doesn't know is, Sehun takes the trash outside and comes in with a box in red , his wife's favourite colour and with a white bow on top. It's helping that the surprise inside is sleeping. 

 

Jongin is the real mvp for helping him with the plan. Sadly, he isn't able to join the Ohs for Christmas because his wife had just given birth to a baby girl this early morning. Sehun thanks him, congratulates him and promises to visit later. 

 

At that moment, Mina has finished with her cookies and places some on a plate, bringing the plate to the living room. "Sehun, I'm done. I'm gonna get changed. Your parents are coming already."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter