CHAPTER 44

Nothing Without You

Baekhyun P.O.V

"Omma. I'm home!" I yelled out while entered the house and saw my family gathered together in the living room.

"Come here, son." I saw my mom pointed out to take a sits beside her.

"Hyung tells me that you have something to discuss. What is it?" I curiously.

I saw her smile then patted my head, "You go take a shower and wear something nice okay. We'll have dinner with my lost-friends at the restaurant." She said.

"Lost friends?" I am confusion.

"She was my best friend when we're studying at the same university but we lost contact after she was transferred to another university. Finally, we've met yesterday after years we didn't meet each other." Mom told.

"Omma, it should be you having dinner with her. Not me." I said.

"I want to introduce you to her and she also brings her daughter as well." Mom replied.

"Hyung will come with us, right?" I feel uncomfortable if going to a family meeting without my brother.

"No, he won't. He has something came up." Mom said.

Slowly  I nod my head then walked into my room. It's been a while I didn't back home, how I miss my room so much. All of sudden, someone knocks my door. It was my brother.

"Hyung, are you really have something came up or excuse? You know I can't go family meeting without you." I hold my brother's hands.

"Actually it was mom's plan. I didn't say that I have something came up. I was free all day long." I shocked when my brother tells the truth.

"Then why you didn't tell her that you were free," I said.

"She wants to introduce you to her best friend's daughter." He spilled out.

"What?!" I yelled. I breathe sharply. No wonder I feel something wrong when mom asks me to come straight home. I sighed.

"Hyung, please help me." I began to beg my brother.

"Sorry, I can't. You know how she is." He said while patted my shoulder. Then I saw my brother left out of my room.

I let out a heavily sighed.

***

We finally arrived at the restaurant and we tell the waitress that there is a family under the Yoon family reservation. The waitress gets us to a private room and I see Mr. Yoon and Mrs. Yoon but their daughter isn't there. I smirked, maybe she was too nervous to meet me. Then, they see us and we're greeted each other, my mom was hugged with her lost-friends after years they aren't met each other. I just stand there silently while looking at my parents are talking with them.

"Aigoo... Are you Exo's Baekhyun?" Mr. Yoon asked.

"Ah deh..." I bowed politely and I shake my hands with his hands. 

Then I looked at Mr. Yoon face, he does look familiar and his face resembles Bomi. Don't tell me he is Bomi's father. Ahh... Seolma! 

"Where's your daughter, Jeongmi-ah." My mom asked.

"Oh, she goes to the toilet." Mrs. Yoon told. Then I saw she was looked at me, "Your son so handsome! He looks alike my daughter." Mrs. Yoon praised me and I just replied with a smile.

Looks alike? I have two people who have to look alike me. It was Taeyeon noona and...  BOMI?! My eyes in widened, Yoon Bomi...

"Oh annyeonghaseo." I heard a familiar voice. I turned back immediately and everything is frozen when we've make eye-contact.

My mom wants to introduce me to her best friend's daughter and we'll have dinner together with her families. This is a called coincidences or destiny..... Yoon Bomi.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bomi P.O.V

I wondered what an important thing that mom wanted to discuss at the restaurant. Ah, why I feel something weird with mom. I should ask her before, what a silly me! This is the first time mom doing something without telling me first. 

Then I walked to the private room, I saw my mom was talking with someone, a guy wore black long sleeves from his back. Why this guy looks familiar to me. I curiously. Without hesitating, I walked into a private room.

"Oh annyeonghaseo..." I greeted and bowed politely. But when that guy turned back and looked at me, I completely shocked. 

Byun Baekhyun, someone I was trying harder to avoided to meet him and now he's in front of me. The most I don't believe it that my mom and her mom are best friends. No! Why he's here with my family. I began more and more curiously.

"Oh, Bomi-ah! Come here meet my friends." Mom said. So I went to greet her and bowed politely.

"Aigoo... Your daughter looks so beautiful! No wonder you said Baekhyun-ie resembles your daughter." Mrs. Byun told.

I just standing and put fake a smile on my face. I wish they did not our past love-life and I hope no one's mentioned it.

"I bet both of them must know each other, right?" Dad asked. I saw him slowly nods his head while I am so nervous to take a sits beside him but why he looks so relaxed. Urgh! I really hate it. 

"Omma, you told me there something to discuss. What is it?" I asked out.

"Oh! I'm sorry for not telling you earlier. Actually I with Chaemi, we'd make a promise since we're studying in university and we need to fulfill it." Mom explained.

"What kind of a promise?" Baekhyun suddenly asked. 

"We promise to make both of you are get married." I with Baekhyun completely in shocked. Am I not misheard, right. I AND BAEKHYUN MARRIED?! NO! I won't let it happened. 

"Omma. What is this, you said you just want introduce me to her but turned we'll get married." Baekhyun let out of small anger. I can see his face turned to red.

"You two have been dating before, why not." Baekhyun's mom replied, makes me lost in words. I am so speechless.

"Omma.," I called out.

"Please Bbom-ah... I just wanted to you be happy and he's a good man for you. I'll be sure he will a good husband to you." Mom told.

"Appa..." I called as I burst into tears.

"She's your mother. You should listen to her, dear." Dad wiped my tears.

"How about we decided they'll get married in one month. So we can prepare from now on." Baekhyun's mom suggests.

I heard and I can't bear to stay any longer. I stand up and left out of a private room while I crying out. 

***

"Yoon Bomi!" I called her out and I saw she stopped her steps then she turned back.

"Are you happy to get married with me." She smirked while crying. 

"What we can do If I said yes," I said with a serious face.

In fact, I was a little happy to get married with her but I know she doesn't. I've made her a lot of hurts and I don't want to see she's hurt again.

"Find an excuse!" She raises her voice out to me.

"You think our mom would listen? If I said I have someone else, you think my mom and your mom pull her words back don't let us get married. Did you see how my mom said to me and how your mom said it to you? Did you realized, Yoon Bomi." I also raise my voice.

I saw she keep crying and it makes me hurt. Please don't do this, Bomi-ah... My heart was weak in see you crying like that. Then she leaving and I wanted to follow her but I can't. If I keep following, I was worried if I can't control my mouth and temper. 

I sighed heavily.