002.

Two Guys One Heart

It’s been half a year since I moved to Shanghai. It took me quite some time to get used to the fast pace city. Nothing major has happened to me, well other than the fact I’m being courted by one of the most popular guy in campus. Also I sort of changed my identity here in Shanghai. The guy whose been courting me for months now is named Daoming Si, our first encounter wasn’t pleasant. Actually it was the total opposite from being pleasant. 

 

Right off the bat we hated each other with a burning passion. Our first few encounters was of him breaking my phone and I throwing a delicious cake at him. You know just everyday normal encounters. But as weeks passes we slowly started becoming friendenemy. Then out of no where Daoming Si started developing a crush on me. I had to admit I too developed a liking towards him, but I kept it away from him and our friends. I just wasn’t ready to dive into another relationship especially when his mother despise me. Now for my small change of identity.

 

Not much has changed besides of my name, how I dress, act/personality okay okay fine I did a complete 180 on myself. Here in Shanghai I’m known as Dong Shancai. I dress a little bit mature. I stopped being the carefree girl and focus more on my studies. Speaking of study I did changed my major. I’m no longer an art student but now studying in becoming a cook as a culinary arts student. Not many knows but my other passion besides drawing and writing mangas is cooking. None of my new friends here in Shanghai knows about my past life in my hometown, they always question me but I would find a way to dodge any questions. 

 

*SATURDAY MORNING*

 

NO ONE POV 

 

It was around 10 in the morning when Daoming Si decided to pay a visit to Shancai’s apartment. Ringing the door bel repeatedly until Shancai abruptly opened the door angry. “Whose ringing the bell this early? On a Saturday morning!?!” Shancai hisses until her eyes landed on a smirking Daoming Si. “Morning.” Daoming Si greeted as he welcomed himself inside her apartment. Dumping his body on her sofa he the tv and began watching whatever interests him.

 

“DAOMING SI! It’s my day off from work and college, why are you here disturbing my sleep?!?” Shancai asks as she stood in front of the television with her arms cross. “Sleep, I’m not stopping you.” Daoming Si replied as he uses his long limb leg to push Shancai aside from the tv. Rolling her eyes she walked back into her room and lay back down to go back to dreamland. It’s been almost two hours since Daoming Si barged into the apartment, Shancai is peacefully asleep in her room. When all of a sudden small whimpers could be heard inside the room.

 

Turning down the volume of the tv, Daoming Si listening to the painful whimpering sounds coming from the bedroom. Eyebrows knitted together as he quietly walked into the room. Standing next to the bed he kneeled down to his knees facing Shancai. Lifting his hand to her face he uses his thumbs to wipe away the fallen tears. “Why are you crying? Who are you crying for?” Daoming Si whispers to a sleeping Shancai. 

 

Resting his arms on her bed he watches Shancai continue to whimper and cry in her sleep. His eyes started to get heavy, and before he feel asleep he heard something coming out from the sleeping girls mouth. “Chen, Jiang Chen.” His eyes widen as sleep vanish from him. He stood up and walked out of the room softly closing the door. Pulling out his cellphone he dialed at number. Waited for the person to answer. 

 

“Xiaoyou, where are you right now?” Daoming Si asks as he talks to Shancai best friend. After finding out her location, Daoming Si wrote a quick note to Shancai letting her know he’ll come back later today with dinner. Before leaving the apartment to Xiaoyou, hoping to find answers on who this Jiang Chen person is, and why the girl he loves his crying in her sleep.