01.

Two Guys One Heart

It’s been three months since Jiang Chen left for Beijing. These past 90 days has been a living hell for me, despite having my best friends and family by my side I felt dead inside.  My passion for drawing and writing mangas has disappeared along side Jiang Chen. I stopped attending University and moved back to my parents place. Spent most of my days locked up in my room, laying in bed not moving a muscle unless needing to. Lin Jing Xiao tried her bests to lift my spirit up. Whenever she’s free she visits me and begs me to go out and let my skin be under the sun. Lu Yang comes when Jing Xiao can’t make it, he brings over his gaming laptop and plays in the corner of my room until he needs to pick up Jing Xiao. Lastly Wu Bosong despite having a hectic schedule he tries his best to make sure I’m doing fine. 

 

Today is like no other, I’m laying on bed covered in a pile of blankets blocking any sun light to hit my eyes. A soft knock is heard from my door. With a weak tired voice I told whoever is knocking to enter.

 

“Chen Xiaoxi, it’s Mom. Can you please come to the living room?” Mom asks.

 

“Mmm.” I replied lifting the blankets off my body.

 

Dragging myself out of my bed I made my way to the living room. There sitting on the sofas are my three best friends and my parents. Rolling my eyes I made a u-turn back to my room. I know what they want, they’ve been giving me this sort of intervention for a while now. Before I could make a step back to my room my father spoke with strong authority laced in his voice.

 

“Xiaoxi, until when are you going to be like this?!?!” Father asks worriedly.

 

“I’m fine, nothing is wrong with me.” I replied.

 

“You’re not fine! Stop acting like nothing happened! Show emotions for once Xiaoxi!!! It’s okay to cry...” Wu Bosong said standing up his neck turning red as he frustratedly yells at me.

 

“He’s right Xiaoxi. Every since Jiang Chen left you showed no emotions. The once bubbly girl I grew up with vanished and I miss her.” Lin Jing Xiao said as her eyes turns red filled with unshed tears.

 

“What do you want from me?!? I don’t show any emotions cause I don’t feel anything! I feel NOTHING!!! It’s as if I’m dead in the inside.” I said finally breaking down crying. 

 

My legs gave up and I crash onto the wooden floor. My body shakes as I cry my heart out. For once in the past three months I finally cried the pain I’ve been bottling up and kept away from those around me. I felt two arms, one wrapped around my shoulder the other under my legs. Turning my head I saw Wu Bosong lifting me up and softly placing my on the sofa between my Mom and Lin Jing Xiao. The two wrapped me up between them and hugged my tightly. 

 

“I’m afraid to step out of this place. Cause it’s surrounded by memories of him. Wherever I go a damn memory of him haunts me. Hell just by opening the front door is a task, as his childhood house is literally in front of our door. You guys wonder why I don’t call or text you back? My background photo is of him and I. I always freeze when I look at the background photo. Why did I stop drawing/writing? Because what I drew was our love story, and I can’t continue where I left off when there’s no longer a story to be told.” I cried and laughed at the situation I’m in.

 

“How about a do over? Start a new life, a clean slate.” Mom asks.

 

“How am I supposed to do a do over?” I asks wiping away the fallen tears.

 

“Here.” Mom said handing me a thick envelope.

 

Letter of Admission to Mingde College 

 

“I-I Huh What?!” I questioned giving everyone a puzzle look. 

 

 

“I enrolled you for drawing, but I’m sure you can change your course if you want to. It’s located in Shanghai a couple hours away from home. A new environment will do you good. Go, and reset yourself. Search for yourself Xiaoxi, find the bubbly optimistic girl we all know and love.” Mom said smiling tenderly at me.

 

“Find your happiness Xiaoxi.” Bosong said as both Lin Jing Xiao and Lu Yang smiles and nodded their heads. 

 

 

1 week later-

 

Here I am at the train terminal saying goodbye to Bosong, Lin Jing Xiao, Lu Yang and my parents. My parents helped me get an apartment close to the university before the whole intervention it’s as if they knew I would go. Happy tears escape my eyes as I hugged each one goodbye before boarding the train. 

 

The long hours in the train spent thinking about the life I’m leaving behind. I promise myself once I step out of the train in Shanghai I will throw away bitter memories and replace them with happy ones. I started dozing off and before I knew it I have arrived at my destination. I hailed a taxi to take me to my new apartment. Spent majority of the day unpacking and cleaning my new home. As the sun began to settle down and the moon rises I sat on my porch taking in the beautiful sight of Shanghai. When the weather started getting chilly I headed back inside. Headed into my room and lay down thinking on tomorrow my first full day in a new city as well the beginning of the semester for school. With a tired yawn I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.