Final

A Sudden Change
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Klik.

 

The door of the apartment automatically locked, telling Juhyun that her husband just got home. She glanced at the clock-- 2 am.

 

Finally calm, she snuggled in her comforter as she heard Jongdae place his car key on the coffee table and undid his tie and some buttons of his officewear. Her heartbeat was caught up for a second-- still learning to get used to sleeping with him. It wasnt like he was going to do anything at all, but he was still a man.

 

He didnt know when but its been a while since he felt so tranquil coming back home- or more like coming back to Juhyun. His long hours of work was so exhausting but it felt as if he was fine whenever he got back to their house- their home.

 

The door of their bedroom creaked as Jongdae opened it, inhaling the petite figure under the fluffy comforter-- the figure he somehow realized was quite appealing to his senses. He cleared his throat, throwing away all the thoughts he didnt want to have. She wouldnt like it, he thought.

 

Quietly, he got under the comforter-- being greeted by the heat she offered. Somehow, he was starting to grow fond of it, it was something he expected to come home to after a long hour of work. Juhyun started to feel like home to him.

 

Juhyun felt her heartbeat fastened as he went under the cover. His familiar scent came striking her senses. She felt nervous so suddenly. Tightening her grip onto the cover, she told herself to calm down as she felt his heat nearing. Why was she so nervous anyway?

 

Of course, there was never love to begin with. But then again, two years was a long period that taught him a lot.

 

He knew he was thankful to her, she was doing her best at being his wife. If there was anything, he was sorry towards her.

 

He sighed as he turned to face her back, he then realized he was the one who created the barrier between them. A barrier he created to protect himself from any kind of heartbreak.

 

For once, he thought of hugging her.

 

Juhyun, on the other side was positive she was sweating loads. Her heart was pumping out of pace even if she was just laying down on her side. That was ridiculous. She told herself to just sleep it off, reminding herself that it was only Jongdae shifting positions. He wouldn't do anything weird.

 

Jongdae, on the other hand was too occupied with the thoughts of putting pieces of their relationship together. He wanted to show his gratitude.

 

Arranged or not, marriage wasnt something to be handled alone. It was a two way thing. He shouldn't have expected her to take everything into her own hands, he knew that.

 

Staring at her back, he let the darkness surround him as his eyes adjusted to it. Somehow, he felt the need to hug Juhyun.

 

He watched her, looking at her breathing pace. It was calm, she was calm. She was probably asleep, wasnt she? The idea of hugging her didnt seem so bad at the moment. Jongdae thought twice.

 

A hug wont kill, right?

 

Slowly, he inched towards her, conforming whether she was really asleep. When he saw that she didn't flinch, he took two seconds to put his arm on her waist, pulling her to him.

 

Thump.

 

Jongdae settled his chin on top of her head, thanking God that her height was just nice for his embrace. He didnt want to admit it but his heart was flipping out of the comfort he was facing. Finally managing to chill, he tried to even his breathing-- inhaling her scent at the same time. If he had known that hugging could be one of the most calming thing on earth, he would've done it sooner. He loved hugging-- even more with her. He instinctively firmed his grip onto her waist, snuggling closer for the comfort of her warmth.

 

Juhyun on the other hand was struggling to breathe. She was afraid that he would let her go if he knew she was awake. For some reason, she didnt want that to happen. It felt so nice being so close to him, being enveloped by his way bigger form.

 

Finally able to calm down, she was then able to hear his calm heartbeat. Right, he was asleep. Probably he would kick her out of the bed once he got up the next day, she thought until she felt him snuggling behind her. Automatically, her lips tugged upward-- she found it cute that he was snuggling. The normally cold man that warned her to keep a distance between them was actually snuggling to her. That was unexpected. Was he opening up to her?

 

After some minutes of calmness, she suddenly felt out of breath. She failed on telling herself that it wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter