get ready

behind the scenes

get ready

prologue

 

***

Setting foot in the entertainment industry is a lot trickier than it seems. People depict you according to how you portray yourself, whether in interviews, in social media or even during public appearances. To make sure nothing taints your image, you’re molded the moment you have officially become a trainee, from how you act, how you dress and how you answer questions.

Blackpink is no stranger to that.

But when the cameras stop rolling and no one’s really looking, it’s a whole other story and a whole other side of the girls emerge that can’t be captured by the lenses.

Take self-proclaimed master detective Roseanne Park’s case for example. This case isn’t about her though, hence the master detective title she’s proudly given herself because she’s feeling all witty and cunning with her little discovery. And to be honest, she’s enjoying the fact that she’s got a front row seat of the members being in their natural habitats, no script to follow, no staff to keep them at bay, no holds barred.

And being with them before fame blew up in their faces could only mean that she’s known them like the back of her hand.

Jennie Kim. Looks mean because she’s got this resting face on when she’s actually a softie. Can be snarky but she has a good heart. Think she’s got this tough- persona but will literally throw the first object she finds to your head when you accidentally startle her in the dimly lit kitchen at two in the morning because you have a face mask on (the object was a plastic spoon by the way, thank God, or Rosé’s tombstone would have read “all I wanted was a sandwich”).

Lalisa Manoban. Wears her heart on her sleeves. Will cry when she’s touched by words. Will cry when she’s given a present. Will cry when you tell her you’ve “found” her long-lost stuffed animal even though you had been hiding it for days because Kuma ripped its head off while you two were roughhousing one time. Basically has no filter around friends but will morph into an awkward vegetable when it comes to new people.

Jisoo Kim. Her name pretty much explains itself.

So when something goes amiss and one of them acts totally out of character, Rosé gets her master detective mode on, grabs her imaginary magnifying glass and begins her own investigation process.

Because, hey, where’s the fun in confronting them upfront?

 


 

what do you guys think so far?

this is actually the first jenlisa fic i came up with and i've had this idea since october. i'm still working and editing on the plot as we speak

so this serves as the story's prologue. i'm thinking of having 3-5 chapters for this, depending on how i will be dividing the chapters. it will be told in rosie's perspective and i'm enjoying doing this instead of focusing from one of the main pairing's point of view. the first chapter update might take a few days but i'm going to make sure it's worth the read so i hope u guys could wait!