Chapter One: Fourteen Eyes

Sonnie White & The Seven Deadly Sins (GOT7 x MONSTA X) *On Hold*

    Airports were always so difficult. Delays, stress, exhaustion, carrying heavy items, children crying and screaming - like why, small child? Why do you cry? I should be the one sobbing and throwing a temper tantrum - not you with your plush 'wittle blankie and your mother who pays $45 for a single chocolate bar from one of the expensive airport stores to coax you. 

    Don't get me wrong, though, it's not that I particularly dislike getting felt up from strangers in blue and white shirts who wear expressions that convey they hate their jobs more than I despise my existence. It's just - I'd rather be doing something a little more fun, ya'know?

    Heaving a deep sigh, I slumped back into the hard airport chair; running a hand through my dark tresses to fix the curls that had fallen flat due to heat and sweat. 

-

    Usually, a child of a mere billionaire would have their own private jet - one in which they could utilize at any given time for any known, and unknown, reason. Not Sophia White, though. No, instead her father cut her off from the family funds at the ripe age of 16 years-old.

    "You will go get your own job," Leonard's voice echoed in her mind, "build your own empire. Learn how to survive on your own because one day, I will not be here."

    Obviously, he meant well and she was grateful for the way he had raised her. She wouldn't be the typical trust fund baby who crumbles after they run out of the money mommy and daddy bestowed upon them. He had helped instill work ethic and a sense of pride within her, but Sonnie couldn't help but feel even the slightest bit of envy and betrayal that she had to suffer while her step-mother sat on a throne of riches all through the power of Leonard's wealth.

    The feeling of green grew even more apparent within her as she continued to wait out the hour long delay; sounds of cranky children and their miserable parents echoing in the large, yet minimalistic room.

    "Smile," an older woman sitting across from her cooed, "you're too pretty to frown."

    Usually, she would sink the corners of even deeper out of spite to comments like these, but she figured the woman meant no harm. At least that's what she assumed. The sweet smile on the older woman's wrinkled skin spoke no ill-intent, so Sonnie twisted up slightly for a matching expression before settling deeper into the chair and closing her eyes.

-

    At approximately four in the morning, the plane finally touched down in Seoul, South Korea. After boarding off and retrieving her luggage plus the time it took to hail a taxi, Sonnie didn't arrive to her new home until two hours later. Luckily, her new secretarial position didn't require her to begin until the next day, so ideally, she had the whole day to move in and get as acquainted with the area as she possibly could.

    But not before returning to bed for another five hours.

    The sound of an upbeat ringtone echoed through the empty house causing the dark haired girl's eyes to flutter open. Picking herself up from the cold, hard tile, she reached for her phone and squinted at the name flashing across the screen. 

    "Hello?"

    "Ah, hello, sweetheart - I wanted to check in. Did you make it safely?"

    The voice on the other line was Agnes - the estate's head maid and basically Sonnie's second mother. The young girl smiled and nodded, "Of course! I'm fine, thank you for checking in, Aggie."

    "Of course, dear," the elder woman's voice was sweet, "I must tend to the house now, but I will call later for a proper conversation, okay?"

    The two women exchanged their farewells; Sonnie pausing for a moment to stretch out her back before her gaze fell upon the stacks upon stacks of boxes that cluttered the living room and kitchen. 

    "Oh dear God," she muttered with a sigh.

    Rising to her feet, she began tending to the unpacking. To her dismay, site-seeing would more than likely have to wait. As the bright blue eyed girl began opening each of the boxes awaiting her, she paid no mind to the quiet clatter that echoed above her.

    "Who is that?" An unfamiliar voice whispered.

    "How should I know?"

    "She's pretty," spoke one of the seven voices, "very pretty."

    A distant smacking noise followed by a grunt could faintly be heard, "Shut up, you idiot. I've told you about humans - they're off limits."

    Fourteen eyes watched her every move and unsurprisingly, Sonnie didn't even notice.