Prologue

Sonnie White & The Seven Deadly Sins (GOT7 x MONSTA X) *On Hold*

     Life was never guaranteed to be easy, at least, that's what I've programmed myself to believe. Being the only child of a family that has a net worth of nearly a billion dollars may sound like a dream, but I can assure you that it's not. Usually children fortunate enough to be born into wealth are coddled with a silver spoon in their mouth at all times, but my family was different.

    Despite the 5.9 million dollar estate I grew up in, I had to work for everything I had. My father taught me the value of the dollar; how blood, sweat, and tears were the largest currency one could ever possess. I grew up doing hard labor as well as educational duties under the impression that I would, one day, take over the family business. My step-mother, however, had different plans.

    "Sonnie," she began, "surely you understand that after your father passes, I will be the one to inherit the business - not you. Twenty years-old is entirely too young to take on such matters."

    Greta, my step-mother, said these words with a slight smile upon her wine red stained lips. After my biological mother had passed away when I was a child, my father grieved for approximately 72 hours before re-marrying. Okay, well, actually that may be a bit of an exaggeration. It was more of a week at the very least.

    Despite his awful taste in step-mommies and questionable morals, I love my father and would do anything for him - even taking over the family business. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't love the idea that one day I'll probably be the CEO of a multitude of family-owned insurance companies, it's just that, well, I hate it. But like I said before: I'd do anything for my father.

    If  I were to do anything for myself, however, it would be baking - in the professional sense, of course. The idea that there's a possibility that I could own my very own bakery one day is thrilling. So much so that it's the very reason I work as an - yep, you guessed it!

    Office secretary.

    Please, put me out of my misery.