Still You 3

Still You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I scanned the room as I stepped inside the conference room for the third time this week. Again, I saw the same people yesterday, as expected. 

"Good morning, A11-ssi."

"Chayeon."

"I'm sorry?"

"Call me Chaeyeon."

"Yes!" 

I got startled. 

"I mean "Yes, Chaeyeon-ssi."

I smiled at her and ruffled her hair. 

"Kid."

I saw a tint of pink on Wonyoung's cheeks as she tried to fix her hair.

"We're just waiting for your last teammate before we start discussing your mission for tonight in full detail."

I scanned the room again to see Eunbi looking at the papers laid out on the table. She is also busy checking her tab while reviewing those pile of papers. 

"Chayeon."

"It's A11."

I told the third person in this room. 

She laughed. 

"Then, I'm Captain for you."

I internally rolled my eyes to this girl's attitude. 

"Okay. That's enough. Let's start."

"I thought we're still waiting for someone, Eunbi-ssi?"

"She'll be here any minute. Don't worry."

I shrugged. 

"Okay. Your mission for tonight will include securing the package as an evidence and making sure this person will meet our interrogation team the morning after. Easy, right? 

She looked at us expectantly as if everything's really easy. 

"Piece of cake."

"Don't be careless, A9. You need to infiltrate their meeting place before anything else."

"How? According to this, the meeting place are filled with guards and the whole building is secured with a code that changes every minute."

"Yup." Eunbi smiled exaggerating her "p" to pop. 

"And it also says that if something is suspicious inside the building and got detected by system, that specific suspicious place will automatically burn."

"What does that even mean?" Yujin asked. 

"It means what it means, Yujin. If the system detected something odd, even someone, the room will be set on fire. You should be careful, you're odd."

"Ha-ha. Funny, Wonyoung."

"Everything functions there on time. The guards' rotation even the staffs take extra measure because they don't want to trigger the system."

"It might just be a haux." Yujin stated confidently. 

"It says here that there are lots of reports of fire incidents in this building but, they get away because the authority wasn't as experienced as the ones here at the city. Once the body gets cleaned up, they can't do anything because the company doesn't file an official report about it."

"That means they clean up their mess pretty well. More reason to take measures, Yujin. You're careless won't be found if you get roasted there. And read the reports so, you'll stop asking the obvious."

"What is your problem, loser?!"

I just sat there silently while looking at the two bickering young couple, I mean people in front of me. 

"That's enough, you two."

"Sorry, ma'am." Wonyoung politely bowed and Yujin just rolled her eyes at the girl. 

"So, how are we gonna do this? As far as I'm concerned, no one in this team seemed to be capable of outsmarting that outrageous hell of a system. That kid can't even hold out a building's electricity for a minute."

Wonyoung just looked at Yujin with an evident annoyance in her eyes. 

"I can probably try..."

"No need to try those probabilities, Chaeyeon-ssi."

"But who else would..."

"Believe me or not, this is beyond your basic skills in hacking and infiltration."

Eunbi cut me off for the second time. 

"But, you don't have to worry. IZ*SK always produces skilled agents in all aspects of assasination, infiltration, and apprehension."

I raised a brow at her. 

"Today is your lucky day because the most sought agent when it comes to infiltration is back her in IZ*. Everyone, I want you to meet your 4th member, Agent A19, Miyawaki Sakura."

As soon as Eunbi rolled the name out her tongue, a girl with a short hair and rounded eyes entered the conference room. 

She bowed to us without looking at the people first. 

As she looks up, I held my breathe. We made eyecontact but, I regained my wits back and bowed too. She was just staring at me and that made my heart thump faster. 

"Take a seat, A19."

I can't believe what's happening. After 2 years, I can't believe we'll meet each other here again of all places. 

"Sorry, I'm late." She said softly. So soft that it made me looked back at the times she lulls me to sleep. 

 

7 year old Chaeyeon...

"Will you sing me to sleep, Kkura-chan?" I said at the person in front of me. 

"Come here." S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter