Still You 1

Still You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2 years ago

I woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs. I smiled as I realized that I'm home. I got up and went to the kitchen as soon as I finished washing up. As expected, someone is cooking. And that someone is actually in panic right now. Oh! Did I forget to mention that the smell was actually burnt bacon and eggs? 

"You need help?", I had to ask. "You scared me!". The person in front of me looked at me with those pair of round eyes that I love to look at. 

"But, yes. I do need a hand here." She says while trying to salvage her burnt bacon. I immediately ran towards her when she's about to touch the pan without a proper holder. "Pabo-yah." I said as I stopped her from hurting herself. I turned off the stove and fixed her mess. "Sorry", she says. I turned to face her and cupped her cheeks, "You know that I love you, right?". She immediately nodded. "But you really need to stop burning our pans". I got the slap that I deserve on my shoulder for teasing her. "I hate you. I just wanted to prepare something for you because I heard you had it rought last night." I wrapped my arms around her tiny waist and pulled her for a hug. "I know. I know. And I really appreciate your effort but you really don't have to, babe. I'm fine as long as you're here, okay? You don't have to do anything you're not used to." I cupped her cheeks and stared through her eyes. "But, still..." I cut her off with a gentle peck "Chae..." Peck. "Babe..." Peck. "Sssshhhh. You can cook breakfast for me but, we'll do it together, okay?" I said as I kissed her a little longer this time. "Okay. Let's just eat out today." She finally agreed while smiling at me for the first time today. 

"No. I'll cook. Why don't you wash up and change clothes while I do the real thing here, okay?" She pouted. "You said that I can cook with you." 

"I know. But, I'm starving to death already, babe. And I don't really need a beautiful distraction while I cook for us. Hmmm?". 

"Okay. Okay. I'll be quick. Make sure you do, too." She gave me one final kiss before going on her way to our shared room. 

"I can't believe she wants to feed me bacon and eggs for dinner." I whispered to myself. 

"I can hear you, Lee Chaeyeon!" 

"And I love you, Kim Minju!" I looked back to see her peeking through the kitchen wall. 

"I love you, too." She said and blew me a kiss while winking. 

I can't help but to look back on how Minju and I came to this. She was one of my subordinates in my team back then. I didn't think I'm the type of person who would like a colleague. I was stubborn, at first. But she was so damn persistent in making my heart flutter everytime she showers me with her undivided attention. She's shy but, funny. Her beauty is ethereal. A visual that blinds you. But her beauty wasn't the one that made me fall for her. It's her thoughtfulness. She cares. She shows it even in the simplest ways. Our love story didn't have the best beginning. I wasn't the sweet and easy going Chaeyeon when I met her. I was the hard headed and iron-hearted Chaeyeon. I was so full of myself back then. 

5 years ago...

"Go! I'll handle them!" I shouted at the top of my lungs as I land a kick on my enemy's face. 

"No. I won't leave you!" She immediately sent her opponent flying as she did a roundhouse kick while she's on her stilettoes. 

"Are you playing dumb or just pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter