- 영 -

ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀɪᴇs ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜ
0
 

I gave out a long sigh and wiped away the tears from my eyes.

"Don't cry... Don't cry," I kept telling myself as I fiddled with the ring in my hand.

A knock came to my door and I heard it open.

"It's time. We should get going," my mother quietly says. I saw the crumple tissue in her hand, she was still in grief as well - we all were. She takes a look around the room and her eyes stopped at the pictures on my wall to the framed ones on my table. Her hand goes up to her chest and the other covers . More tears threatened to fall from her eyes but she holds them back. For what reason, I'm not sure. I had let myself cry as much as I want ever since the news hit us.

I still couldn't believe it.

I didn't want to believe it was true but it was - that was the cold hard truth I had to accept one day.

The ride to the cemetery was quiet, I was grateful for the silence. I didn't want to talk about anything... nothing else seemed to matter to me at this point. Everything was pointless and nonexistent - the only person I loved and cared for was gone from my life forever. Life had no meaning to it now. I was an empty shell. 

The car stopped and I look out the window to see my other friends that had arrived earlier. Everyone was dressed in black attire and even the skies looked sad today - perhaps, even the Gods themselves were sad for your sudden passing. It wasn't too sunny or cloudy but as I looked up, I realised how different it was. Ah, your voice isn't here to compliment the pretty skies... It's only been a day yet I miss you so much already. 

My mother holds me as we head to where you're being buried. A lot of people gathered today... I bet you wouldn't believe me when I told you this was how much you were loved and cared for when you were alive. It feels wrong that you're not by my side right now, instead I'm watching you being buried in the ground. 

Everyone here is crying - you would have hated that, wouldn't you? You didn't like seeing others cry, that's why I'm trying my best to hold back my tears. I don't want to make you even more worried.

People hug me and send me their condolences, they all knew I was the closest person to you. I heard them whisper that it must have been especially difficult for me when the news broke out. They aren't wrong... I was there when you took your last breath and I still can't believe it happened right in front of me. 

People start to leave one by one as the ceremony ends but I don't want to leave you alone - you never liked being alone a lot. How could I leave you? How do expect me to move on from now? You aren't here to guide me anymore and I feel so lost without you. 

It's when everyone leaves that I let myself cry. I'm sorry I cried in front of you but it hurt too much to held them back. I wish this hadn't happened, I wish you were still here, I wish, I wish, I wish - there's a lot of things I wish for but of course, none of them will come true. I'm too late to wish for all these things. 

I wanted to tell you I love you, thank you, I'm sorry, forgive me and more words that I never thought I'd never have the chance to say them out loud to you.

"I love you," I whisper to the wind, hoping it'll carry my words to you in heaven. Because that is where I will continue to love you until the day we reunite once more. 

 

 

 
AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I open at the close lmao

this scene is after the funeral! aha, but I never revealed who passed, didn't I?

That's a mystery we'll solve as the rest of the story unfolds!

♡ ♡ ♡