The Empress Has A Tender Heart

Oh Sunny's Diary: Lee Hyuk's Confusing Me!

Chapter 3:: The Empress Has A Tender Heart

 

 

Lee Hyuk confused me again.

I was doing my livechat podcast, Good Morning Empress.

Things started well enough, but then someone suddenly posted something vile, 

Everyone else started on me, attacking me and saying horrible things about me.

That I am dirt poor.

That my father is a loser and a debtor.

That I borrowed money from my fellow musical actress.

That the Empess Dowager had to pay off my debt to the actress.

That my mother died from grief and frustration.

I can't breathe.

Please, I say, please stop. You can say bad things about me, but please don't talk about my family. Please don't say these vile, false things about them. Please stop. Please.

But they keep coming.

They don't stop.

And then, there he is, like magic.

I didn't even hear him come in.

He pops up next to me, and kind of swishes me over to make room for him on the stool.

He bends over, and peers at the screen.

"This is nonsence," he snorts, and turns to me.

He looks at me for an instant, and I see something flicker in his eyes. 

Pain.

For me.

Then he turns back to the screen, and holds up his glass of champagne, or something.

"Stop already," he says, softly and firmly, like a wise father lecturing his squabbling horde of kids. "My Empress has a tender heart. She hurts easily, so just stop posting such remarks."

He glances at me, and smiles.

He leans close to me, and puts his arm around my shoulder. He presses me againat his chest.

I feel protected and safe, sitting there, leaning into him, feeling his warmth, breathing in his scent.

"If she gets hurt, she cries all night, and I'd have to stay up all night consoling her, so just stop already," he says, and smiles slightly.

I feel his fingers tighten on me.

"The Emperor has calmed everything down just like that."

"Ah, it's spring already, because he's there."

"Ooh, he's so handsome."

"He's smiling at me."

The comments are different now, excited, and happy.

"My Empress, would you play with me tonight?" Lee Hyuk tilts his dark head to one side, and smiles at me charmingly.

I don't know what to say, how to respond.

I stand up abruptly, and leave.

He tried to help me. 

It was as if he really cared.

I'm so confused.

What's going on in his head?

But, for a brief moment there, when he had his arm around me, it was as if I had found an ally. It was as if it was I was no longer alone, that it was the two of us against the world. 

And to be honest, truthfully honest, I wanted to stay in that position, warm and safe in his arms for a long, long time.

My coldness, my loneliness, had abated for that brief moment of time.

It had taken every ounce of strength that I possessed to get up, and break free of his hold.

What is happening to me?

I am so confused.