Chapter 1

euphoria/kwonchaeng
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I swear, I’m going to hit Sakura when she gets here. She sure loves taking her time. I have been waiting for her for almost an hour. We are supposed to be in school at 7:30 pm. Our school’s dance club, which consist of undoubtedly talented hotties—including my love interest, Kwon Eunbi, has won the national dance tournament. And of course, being one of the member I’m here to celebrate with my team but unfortunately our school manager who happened to be my best friend Miyawaki Sakura is still not here. But I think I saw her and there she is! 


“What got Miyawaki to be sluggish?” I teased, after I chugged down my beer. We reserved this place just across the school as our party venue. It’s not really that big, but big enough to accommodate us all especially that they invite others to join too. I think this is Bae Irene’s bar. Why the bar still standing and not shutted down even if it’s just across the school?, we’ll never know. But I’ll tell you not to mess up with Irene, that woman is creepy. I still remember when someone picked on her lover, Kang Seulgi, the girl went missing, and until now wasn’t found.

 

“Shut up! My day’s already ruined when I bumped into food glutton weirdo, and now you’re here to make outta me. This is so not my day! Hey! Give me a beer” Sakura sat grumpily beside me, already chugging the beer the bartender gave her. I’m sure she’ll be noting but drunk once the party has even started. 

 

So she bumped with Hyewon huh, her ex-girlfriend. This will be interesting

 

“ Aww you bumped on your ex-GIRLFRIEND?” Hah. Teasing Sakura is so entertaining.

 

“Stop it Chaeyeon! Stop being a ing piss. Anyways, I think I saw Kwon over there ALONE” Sakura pointed at the corner of the bar before grinning evilly, and so did I. Now this some time for getting the attention of a certain raven, right?

 

“Then can I leave you for a while, and have the pleasure of pissing my dearest dancer?” I asked amused.

 

“Why yes, Of course. Be sure to give her your best”

 

“Definitely” I turned away from Sakura, and head towards where my girl is

 

As I was getting closer to Eunbi, only her silhouette is what I could see. Her back was facing me because the couch he was sitting is in across the wall which is facing her. The lights were in the wall across Eunbi, but I could see that she isn’t really alone. She got Sian and Sihyun to accompany her. I saw them laughing which I found odd since it’s very arduous to humor the almighty  Kwon. I felt a pang of hurt knowing that I could never make the older to laugh like that, let alone to smile at me.

 

I turned my heels around and back to Sakura. I was hurt, jealous. But I have no right we’re not even together in the first place. I was just once a self-proclaimed close friend of her, but after telling her three months ago that I like her, the bastard acted as if I did not just confessed to her, and go on with her thrill-free a.k.a boring life, ignoring me. But being me, Lee ing Chaeyeon, I promised not to give up and not to go back from my word! Yet, this time, seeing her so enthusiastic about something, which I’m pretty sure not related about me, stab me to the core. I mean having the love of your life—who normally is as good as dead , acting all eager means that she’s got something that caught her full attention. Never did Eunbi show that interested about something, which I’d do anything just to have. Her attention, her interest.

 

I couldn’t help the tears that are threatening to fall. But I keep myself from crying. Not here, not now. I think Sakura noticed my presence already since she turned her seat to face me. I grinned to keep my real emotions.

 

“Whoa-oh! You’re pretty fast.” Sakura sing-sang

 

“Yeah” I respond tepidly, still forcing a grin in my face

 

“So what? Is she pissed like hell?”

It’s really hard to contain your feelings when you’re talking about the person you don’t want to talk this time, huh?

 

“Did your seducing power worked this time?” Sakura asked
But I need to keep a straight face. At least until the party is over. I don’t want to worry anyone.

 

“Eunbi-san must be so mad right now!”

 

Eunbi.

 

I felt my tears fall from my unknowing eyes to my cheeks. I guess this is all too much

 

“Oh, I know she thr---Hey! Are you crying? What she do to you?”

 

I looked up to Sakura’s eyes. It shows nothing but fury in them. I felt relief knowing that someone still cares.

Sakura looked more furious right now, maybe because of the tears she saw.

 

“That ! I’m going to ge---”

 

“No Saku-chan she didn’t do anything to me” I smiled weakly at her. At least I know she’s here my best friend

 

“Tch we shouldn’t attend this party” Sakura plopped down on his seat fuming

 

“Hey it’s okay besides this is the only escaped we will get this month because next month is our exam. Besides you’re our team manager so you need to attend” as I said giggling  

She sighed

 

“Yeah right, but don’t think I’ll leave that bastard alone”

 

“Hai!” I cheered happily Sakura then ruffled my hair, and we both grinned like idiots  I feel better now that my best friend is here.

 

“But seriously, why are you crying?”

 

Guess there’s no escaping it, huh?

------------------------


After the detailed rewind of what had happened, our normal conversation started.

“Hey, why don’t we forget about the world for the meantime?” Sakura suggested 

 

 

“Eh? You have temporary amnesia serum?” what does saku-chan mean by forgetting the world for a meantime?

 

“ No, you moron!” Sakura smacked me in the head

 

 

“Ouch! Then what?” does she really have to smack my head? 

 

 

“Let’s get drunk” Sakura smirked, oh goodness what a way

 

 

After four glasses of margarita for Sakura--- Seven for me and another shot of Bijou, I was curious with the name, so I took a shot. I’m pretty sure it’s a Japanese word, but Sakura made a smartass out of herself and told me that it’s a French word which means “jewel”. It was traumatizing hearing her explained all that. I think I’ll be having nightmares, no kidding

 

“Chae, I  think you’re drunk. Good thing I’m not, otherwise we’ll never get back to our apartment” Sakura looked at me worriedly.

 

“You worry a lot saku-chan” I stand up and grinned at her

 

“I’m just going to use the toilet” I tapped her shoulders before marching towards the toilet

--------------------------------------

 

After urinating I washed my hands in the sink where a half-length mirror stood before me. I looked up to my reflection. I’m in a skin-tight jeans, bright red V-neck shirt, and a combats boots, I’m pretty sure I look good. I scanned myself again and again and again. Nothing changed….with my clothes, with my face, with my characteristics, nothing at all. I guess Eunbi will never like me cause I’ll never changed. I’m pretty sure she hates everything about me I’m someone who annoys her to no end. Someone unimportant to her someone she hates.

 

Tears..

 

Heh, I chuckled awkwardly. I’m crying again how ironic someone like me with such unimaginable beauty crying  all because of a stuck-up bastard. This is outrageous!
I’ll get over her somehow

After admiring myself in the mirror, I decided to finally go back to Sakura. I wiped my tears and headed to the door. I was walking when I sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter