To: Yang Yoseob

thank you, next
Please log in to read the full chapter

I didn't believe in love at first sight, and neither did you. We were two individuals who are proud of our rationale. We believed we see the world as it is. We thought we judge things objectively. We said what we meant. There was no trick. Others called us "mean", which we shook off with ease. 'Cause we prefered them calling us "real".

Being rational kept us together, I think. Or perhaps it was the stint of hate towards the world that we shared that got us closer. There is no use of re-thinking about it again because let's face it, we simply like talking to each other.

Our conversations wrapped us in a bubble where we both felt safe; reassured. How could we effortlessly agree to each other's opinion? I didn't know. Yet I knew for sure this: it was the place and time where for the first time... I was not alone.

 

And I liked you as a friend.

 

But we were so alike that I got scared. Back then I thought I was afraid of being stuck with a like-minded mind. If I had chosen to stay in my comfort zone, I would have never been able to grow, I told myself. So I tried to be my own little devil. I kept you at arm's length. 

That was when you became persistent. You made your move. Suddenly you didn't only care about sharing your thoughts. You cared about me; what movies I liked, whether I enjoyed my dinner. In a cold world that we both believed in, you were acting on the contrary.

It was a side I did not expect from you.

Please log in to read the full chapter