"I Now Pronounce You..."

Half A Year - A ChanSoo Korean Drama
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Aside from the prevalent casinos, high-end hotels, spectacular entertainment extravaganzas and lights that never ceased, Las Vegas was also famous for one other thing.
 

 

Roadside wedding chapels.
 

 

Kyungsoo found himself in one about thirty minutes later, in the wee hours of 17th January, just 5 days after his 25th birthday, about to get married.
 

 

Without his family, and neither of his parents’ consent.
 

 

What was he doing?  Just how desperate had he become?  And coercing an alpha to be tied to him for six months? 
 

 

Had the tall one agreed too easily to this?  Kyungsoo couldn’t really wrap his mind around it.  The alpha wouldn’t even take his money.
 

 

He recalled the unbridled kisses exchanged between them, which baffled and perturbed him.  Yes, they were only faking it at the time in order for him to hide.  But how natural it was for the alpha to wrap his strong arms around him, and how Kyungsoo hadn’t felt that safe in such a long time.
 

 

That wasn’t all pretend, was it?
 

 

Kyungsoo closed his eyes, shivers going down his spine as he pictured the random occasions he caught the alpha staring at him.  No one had found him that fascinating before.
 

 

True, he hadn’t taken advantage Kyungsoo yet.  Not even when he was letting him kiss him and hold him in all his vulnerability. 
 

 

Then why?
 

 

Was that it?  Because he was… attracted to him?
 

 

No, Kyungsoo resolved, shaking his head.   His first order of business when they returned to South Korea would be to draft a contract.  He would sign over to the alpha what he promised in six months, no more, no less. 
 

 

On the way here, the taller one seemed to have avoided his eyes whilst he drove him in his rented luxury car.  There were the expected moments of dead air.  Kyungsoo could empathize.  He didn’t know what to say to him either.  Perhaps to break the ice, the alpha assured him that he was completely single so Kyungsoo didn’t need to worry about extra complications.  Kyungsoo, in turn, told him that he, too, wasn’t in a relationship.
 

 

The taller one appeared as though he had wanted to ask why but didn’t.
 

 

Someone knocked softly on the door, yanking his back to the present.  Kyungsoo turned as the door creaked open and the omega of the chapel owner peeked in.  “Are you ready, dear?”
 

 

Kyungsoo nodded, bravely.  He could do this. 
 

 

The taller, older omega smiled, his green eyes crinkling at the corners.  In an affectionate, maternal way that made Kyungsoo ache for his own mother’s presence, the blond omega held his hands.  “Out of the thirty omegas who came in here in the last few hours, you are no doubt the prettiest.”
 

 

Kyungsoo wistfully smiled back.  “Thank you.” 
 

 

The omega handed him the complimentary white rose bouquet, assessing him kindly.  “We have a few tuxedos you can borrow if you need.  Are you sure that’s what you’re wearing?”
 

 

Kyungsoo bit his lower lip, simply nodding.  In all fairness to the alpha who agreed to this farce, he quickly bought Kyungsoo a more decent dress shirt and trousers, and even leather shoes, in the exclusive Palazzo boutique to get married in.  Time wasn’t so much on their side, so the taller one had asked the shop assistant to give him the very same ensemble in his size, and they both changed right there, leaving their previous clothing in the shop for them to dispose.
 

 

And that was how they ended up in the chapel.
 

 

“Well, your gorgeous alpha is waiting,” the Caucasian omega said, sighing, perhaps sensing that something was amiss.  “Shall we go?”    

 

Kyungsoo followed the older omega out the changing room without another word, gripping the white bouquet in front of him.
 

 

And there he saw the tall one standing by the archway in front of the chapel, handsome and impeccable, in the same white dress shirt and gray-colored trousers that he himself was clad into.  The alpha had the option to leave him there, and yet he was looking at him, unblinking, with the full intention of not going anywhere.
 

 

The blond omega whispered for them to get ready. 
 

 

“Just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter