epilogue.

Unfaithful

For the first few months, they had kept it low profile. Only Mark's family knew about his return and they had all welcomed Nayeon back to their home. Mark's mother and sisters had all thanked her for bringing the genuine smile back onto his face.

Their words brought tears into Nayeon's eyes. Even though she was the reason Mark started shutting people out, they still thanked her.

Nayeon made sure to call back home every night to assure her parents that she's safe and happy there. Because of the time difference, it's not always that she would be able to call Jeongyeon and Jihyo. However, all three of them would definitely be texting one another.

It was also known to both Mark and Nayeon that neither of the Twice ladies had spoken to Jeongyeon and Jihyo. They had never really reached out to them either. Jackson and Youngjae couldn't face them either. Jaebum had once sat them down and talked to them, however the both of them still needed time to accept it.

Throughout the whole month, Bambam and Jinyoung had been pestering Nayeon everyday to make sure that Mark was treating her well. They did it in their group chat, making it obvious so that Mark would be able to see the messages. And eventually, Mark who's always quiet in the group chat had to finally send a message in it.

oh god, can the both of you stop asking the same question everyday?

mark actually replied!

shut up, bam. And yes, nayeon is doing reeeeeally well.

did he feed you well? did he end up asking you to sleep on the couch? or did he make you do all the housework?

jinyoungie oppa :( he had made me clean the floor using just a toothbrush. and you know how big his house is.

I. Did. Not.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

aren't you supposed to be at a press conference for your drama, Jeongyeon?

it ended and this chat seemed interesting.

you guys .

he's sulking for real now. but real talk, i'm doing really well here. i miss you guys tho. when are you coming to visit? Bam, you promised.

soon, promise!

And he kept his promise. One week later, he and Jeongyeon (who's finally on break after her drama) had surprised the both of them in front of Mark's doorsteps. When Nayeon saw them, she had blinked twice and in a second later, she tackled Jeongyeon into a tight hug with a loud "I miss you!"

For another few months, that was how they've kept in contact – including spending tons on the plane tickets. There were few times where Mark and Nayeon flew back to Korea, to both visit and to check on his cafe; with the help of everyone, the media didn't manage to catch them together at all.

They never did anyway.

The both of them got married about a year later, finally. It was nothing fanciful, just a simple dinner with their friends and family. Everyone had flown down to LA for the wedding. They had initially told Jihyo whose baby just turned one year old that it's alright for her to not attend. However, she had insisted even though she's only staying for two nights.

Nayeon's dream eventually half came true after the arrival of their twins. Mark had forbid them to have another one after watching all the suffering Nayeon had to go through, much less a soccer team as they've mentioned before.

By then, they had already moved out from Mark's original house. Even though it wasn't as big, the apartment was good enough for them to start a small family, that including two dogs.

Mark watched his wife tending to their babies by the door of the baby room, their two dogs jumping up and down a little, being all curious about the little human that's in their owner's arm. He had always enjoyed moments like this; it always made him realized that all these were real. After all the ups and downs they've went through, the separation and all the pain, they were finally together.

And this time, it's forever.