one.

Unfaithful

It was a night neither Jeongyeon nor Nayeon could forget, for different reasons.

She remembered clearly how Nayeon appeared back home all drenched and her eyes looking more dead as ever. Since Twice got independent, they were the first two to move out from their dormitory and had been staying in an apartment together. At that moment, Jeongyeon was really glad that they're now living alone, away from the other Twice girls.

"Nayeon!" That was the first word that came from her; it came as a surprised exclaim as her eyes widened slightly in shock. The named girl said nothing and just simply stepped through the door, heading straight to her own room. Jeongyeon's gaze followed the movement of Nayeon before she managed to bring herself back to focus.

"Nayeon!" She called out again, following after Nayeon but when she was about to head into the room too, the door slammed shut on her face. She let out a groan of frustration, brushing her hair back at the same time as she walked away from the door.

There were only a few reasons why she's acting like this – receiving very bad hate comments, failing an exam and...

Him.

The questions she had were quickly answered when her phone started ringing. She had initially wanted to ignore it while she makes a cup of hot cocoa for Nayeon; she just wasn't in the mood to pick up any call. But the ringing never stop which left Jeongyeon no choice but to at least check who's calling.

The name shown on the phone was what caught her attention. Without thinking, she picked up the call and within a second, Bambam's urgent whisper cut off the greeting she was about to give.

"Is Nayeon noona home?"

"Why are you whispering?" For some reason, Jeongyeon felt the need to whisper too, making sure she's even further from Nayeon's room now.

"Mark hyung's at my place." That sentence was what made Jeongyeon raised an eyebrow. "And this is a Mark no one had ever seen. I called Jaebum hyung; he said he's coming over. Did something happen?"

Jeongyeon took a quick glance at the closed door of Nayeon's, keeping silent for a brief moment before she replies the younger boy.

"Nayeon..." She started and sighed. "She's not doing very well either. She has herself locked in the room."

"Noona, please watch over her. Jaebum hyung is here, we will try to make Mark hyung talk."

Jeongyeon let out another sigh after the call ended.

That was a night during the spring of 2024, one month after GOT7's 10th anniversary and their disbandment.

It took a few days of Mark hiding in his room and not eating anything; Nayeon's loud cries from her room occasionally that their friends finally know that...

That was also the night the couple broke up.


It's been two years since that night.

Both of them had never expected to meet the other again after the break up. Despite the same circle of friends they both had, they were able to avoid seeing each other with the help of their good friends. And eventually, they lost contact completely. The people who knew about them and what happened – specifically Jaebum, Jinyoung, Bambam, Jeongyeon and Jihyo – they've never once mentioned the other in front of them.

However, losing contact is one thing; not hearing any news of the other is another. Especially when Nayeon's popularity as a solo artiste kept growing. Mark had thought that he wouldn't be getting any news of her now that he's back in LA but he had underestimated her popularity and how loved she was even at the western side of the world.

"Ex idols from old groups, BTOB and Twice are reportedly in a relationship!"

That was what caught Mark's attention; he stopped in his tracks, the cup of hot coffee still in his hands as he shifted his gaze onto the tv screen. He shouldn't be standing here right now but his feet refused to move.

Im Nayeon, have you finally moved on?

He could still remember that particular night, when that decision was what they've both decided in the end. To say he's regretting is an understatement; he had desperately wanted Nayeon to come back to his side. He was that close to begging her but despite all the temptation, he stopped himself. Just who was he to hinder her future?

Neither of them was willing to give up on their own dreams. Nayeon had firmly stated that she would stay in JYP and continue her celebrity dream. Mark instead, wanted to go back to LA, to his family. He had even asked her to go back with him permanently but Nayeon had rejected him.

Which had then lead to a huge fight between them. He remembered Nayeon running out from his apartment and him, he had let his pride taken over him. That night, he didn't go after the girl. And that night was probably the most regretful night of his life.

Mark had no idea how long he's been standing there until his brother patted him on his shoulder. The tv was already turned off at that time and when he came back to reality from his thoughts, he noticed the expression on his brother's face. It was a smile mixed of both sympathy and encouragement.

"I'm okay."

That was the only reply Mark gave before walking away and back to his room. His brother could only sigh; ever since Mark got back to LA he's been different and that didn't escape from his family's eyes. They had tried to get it out from him but no one was able to.

During the first few months of his return, he had locked himself up in his room, playing computer games all round the clock. His two sisters and mother had tried all sorts of ways to make him talk. But his brother, being less sensitive as a male, just had to bring the forbidden name up.

"Is this about Nayeon?"

That earned him a smack on the head from both his sisters. They all noticed how his actions stopped for a moment before he focused back onto his gaming session. That night, no one was able to sleep through the loud music that's blasting from Mark's room.

So, another four years passed just like that.


If they could have avoid, they definitely would. However, that was Younghyun's wedding they're talking about. There was no way that the both of them would miss it.

"You don't have to if you don't feel okay with it." Jihyo started the topic after dinner was ready. "Especially since-"

"I'm okay with it." Nayeon cut her off mid sentence. Jihyo had wanted to continue but Jeongyeon shook her head, indicating for her to stop.

"Minhyuk oppa will be going too right?"

Nayeon said nothing and only hummed in reply while she focused on the spread of food, which Jeongyeon had made.

"Don't worry, I really will be okay. After all," Nayeon looked up at them for the first time as a small smile formed on her lips. "It's been six years since we've last met."

No one said anything; was she trying to convince her two closest friends or was she trying to convince herself? Maybe, it was a little bit of both.

When Nayeon had first heard the news from Sana herself, she could literally feel her heart dropped. She knew, she had always known that fans are more supportive of the Mark-Sana pairing. When their relationship was announced, she had seen all the supportive comments and that made her wonder if they will get the same amount of support if this was Mark and herself.

Nayeon had scoffed that one time when she was scrolling through the comments of Youtube videos and that didn't escape Mark's ears. They were alone in the studio; sometimes she's amazed at how the two of them were able to hide this for so long.

She remembered that small argument between them because of her jealousy. She knew that she was being ridiculous and petty; she knew that it's neither Sana's or Mark's fault but she just had to vent her frustration out on him. It was an argument that led to Mark complaining about Jinyoung and that made Nayeon giggled a little.

"What are you laughing at?"

"I don't know, you're just cute I guess? GOT7's aegyo king."

"You're just happy I got jealous."

"Ah, since you've guessed, why ask?"

She had no idea why did that memory came playing in her mind, but Nayeon had managed to put on her brightest smile and congratulated Sana on her new relationship with Mark. She highly suspected that Jeongyeon could see through her that day just like how she's doing right now.


Ever since Sana had arrived at the reception with Mark, Nayeon's smile had faltered a bit. She tried her best to keep the smile on her face, congratulating the newly wed as if trying to shift her attention away. She could feel Jeongyeon's gaze on her but she had turn to give the other girl a small assuring smile – although she knew that Jeongyeon didn't believe it.

At that moment, she hoped that Minhyuk was right beside her but he just had to have a sudden meeting with the BTOB boys. He was really apologetic but Nayeon knew that something urgent probably came up because her boyfriend would never break his promise unless it's something really bad.

That had made her slightly guilty. Minhyuk treated her like a princess but she would occasionally think of her ex lover instead.

"Hey Nayeon." That voice caught her attention and for the first time that evening, Nayeon found herself staring at the face she hadn't been seeing for years; a face she's been missing for years. She had been avoiding him this whole time but it seemed like he found her. Even though it was only that brief moment, she could feel the familiar sting in her eyes but she had also managed to compose herself.

"Hello Mark," She put on that fake smile she always does, despite the palpitating of her heart. It's probably due to the years of training; she's amazed at how she managed to pretend nothing happened. "Long time no see."

"Yeah it's been some time."

There was an awkward silence after that; no one knew what to say. Nayeon badly wanted to know how he's been doing the past few years. Did he miss her, like she did? But as someone else's girlfriend, she knew that she couldn't. Right at that moment, Sana walked up to them, her arm hooking around Mark's naturally.

Nayeon's gaze shifted to their arms before she quickly looked away, focusing her attention on Sana instead. She's jealous but she's not going to admit it.

"What are the both of you talking about? It's been some time since you guys have actually met right?"

Nayeon was the first to react again; even without looking at Mark, she knew that his mind was probably fumbling over the correct words to say.

"We were just doing a simple catching up." Nayeon spoke in a gentle tone, covering up all the nervousness and jealousy she felt earlier. What should she do now? Leave them alone or strike up a conversation with them?

"Noona!" A loud familiar voice called out to her and within a short while, she felt an arm around her shoulders. Nayeon turned to look at the owner of that voice and almost immediately, a smile form on her lips.

"Hey Bam." She spoke almost excitedly and if one was paying close attention, they could hear the relief in her tone.

"I'm going to steal her away for now." Bambam looked at the couple in front of them and spoke in a cheeky tone. "I have a lot of catching up to do with my favourite noona."

Before Bambam escorted Nayeon away, his gaze had met with Mark and that made the older male felt a little uncomfortable. It was almost as if Bambam was mad at him for talking to Nayeon with Sana right by his side. Anyone in their circle could tell that Bambam was rescuing Nayeon from that situation.

It wasn't obvious but he could sense the different pair of eyes from different direction on him after Nayeon left. He looked around, meeting his gaze with Jaebum's and Jinyoung's ones; the slight blaming look from Jeongyeon and Jihyo who's beside her; even Wonpil's and Sungjin's quick glances towards him.

They probably had managed to guess. If it's not his wedding, Mark was pretty sure that Younghyun's attention would be on him too. After all, this whole old gang of theirs had known what's going on between the two of them even before they had debuted.

Mark watched as Bambam led Nayeon back to where Jeongyeon and Jihyo were; he noticed how Nayeon's smile got brighter when she's away from him and even though he knew he shouldn't, it did hurt a little.

"I will be going to find the girls." Sana's voice brought him back to reality. "Will you be okay?"

"Of course he will be." Both of them turned to where the voice came from and walking towards them were both Jaebum and Jinyoung.

Jinyoung hung his arm around Mark's shoulders and gave Sana a wide grin.

"Jaebum and I will entertain him. Besides, I'm really curious about how his cyber café business is coming along."

Mark said nothing; he just stood there, letting Jinyoung lead the conversation with his Japanese girlfriend who eventually walked back to Momo and Mina.

"Are you not going to thank us?" Jaebum was the one who voiced that out.

"For what?" Mark spoke in his quiet voice with a hint of aloofness in it.

"For saving you." Jinyoung answered him this time, "Your eyes were fixed on Nayeon and if we don't come to your rescue, everyone will know. You wouldn't like that when your girlfriend is here, right?"

Both Mark and Jaebum did not miss the emphasis Jinyoung made on the word "girlfriend" and that quick warning glance Jaebum threw at Jinyoung definitely did not escape from Mark's eyes.

"Honestly, do you even like that girl?"

Jinyoung ignored Jaebum's glare and asked that instead. Which earned him a gentle punch from Jaebum.

"What, I asked Nayeon the same question too."

"Oh?" That blurted out from Mark before his mind could even tell him to pretend to not care. "What did she say?"

"She said she does."

'Ah' was the only thing Mark said and that was his last word for the rest of the night. That hurts a little more than it should. 


author's note: first chapter down, like i said it's not going to be a long story so i hope the chapter ain't too short! also, please be reminded that i want no bashing in the comments section. you get what i mean hahaha. i have nothing much to explain for the first chapter other than the fact that i have a different style of writing this time. i am treating this as an experiment piece. i also hope that the characters are on point. this is in the year 2030 by the way.