Chapter 3: Misunderstanding

Bunnies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bona

 

5 hours in and I’m still going strong. It’s currently 11pm and the drowsiness is finally getting to me. My yawns start to increase as nobody was coming in. My eyelids slowly start to close until the distinguishable sound of the doorbell ring. That made me perk right up. My vision comes to focus again as I watch the man in a blue hoodie with a pair of sweats walk towards me.

 

“Welcome to the Bunny Cafe. What can I get you?” I greet while looking down at the screen. I can see him slightly smile from the corner of my eye. He was scanning the menu so I looked up for a second.

 

We made eye contact. I quickly look away. Then I slightly tilt my head. He seems familiar.

 

“Um, I’ll just get a medium watermelon juice,” he says and I type it in right away to avoid this awkwardness. He quickly paid and then went to sit next to the bunnies.

 

I started making his drink. Now where have I seen him before? I swear we’ve met somewhere. Maybe at a club? Or perhaps a meeting? I ponder some more as I wait for the drink to finish mixing. Then, it clicked. I bumped into him yesterday! Maybe he’s seen my bracelet. The drink was finished.

 

I make my way towards him to deliver it myself as he was the only customer left and I was feeling kind.

 

“Here you go sir,” I say as I serve it to him.

 

“Ah, thank you,” he says with a small smile again.

 

I was about to turn around but I didn’t. I really need to find that bracelet, it means the world to me.

 

“Um, excuse me. By any chance, did you see a bracelet yesterday on the sidewalk? That is, if you were actually the one that I accidentally bumped into,” I ask him while squeezing my apron.

 

“Ah,” was all he said before he stood up and walked over to where the bunnies were. Did I mess up? Was he not the one I bumped into? He must think I’m weird now. Geez Bona, you’re so dumb.

“Is this the one?” he asks as he holds up the bracelet. My eyes lit up as I also make my way towards the him.

 

“Yeah! Thank you so much. You don’t even know how much this bracelet means to me,” I thank him while wiping of the beads of sweat that was flowing down my face.

 

“Wait, why was it in the bunny pen though?” I quickly ask him.

 

“Oh uh. Actually, I left it there after I got off my shift because I didn’t think I’d meet you again,” he says while messing with his hair.

 

I just turn to face the gray bunny again.

 

“Well, thank you for holding onto this Wonho,” I say with a smile while petting the bunny.

 

“Um, you know my name?” I turn back to face the guy with a confused face.

 

“What? No I was talking to the bunny. Wonho is its name,” I say while pointing to the little fuzzball.

 

“Uh, no. Its name is Bona,” he says sternly. That threw me off.

 

“That’s my name,” I reply while crossing my hands.

 

“Well I work the morning shift here and my name is Wonho. That bunny is Bona. My superior said so,” he shrugs.

 

“Well I clearly work here and my name is Bona. That bunny is Wonho, the waitress earlier said so herself,” I tell him back.

 

“Sit down for a moment little girl,” he says while motioning for me to sit with him.

 

“I’m not a little girl, I’m in college,” I tell him while sitting down too.

 

“Yeah yeah but I for sure know that that bunny over there is named Bona,” he tells me again while chuckling.

 

“You know what? We can check!” I tell him while I stand up and head behind the counter again. I walk into the little office area and search for the list of bunny names. I ran out to him after finally finding it. We both crowd around the piece of paper and scan through the pictures of the various bunnies until we found ours.

 

“Aha! It’s name is…….Walnut….” I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter