Chapter 1: You’re Hired!

Bunnies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bona

 

It was a hot and sunny day. My whole entire body was covered in sweat. I lay on my couch in nothing but a tank top and some shorts while being baked by the sunlight. It was so warm that I even dreaded walking to the kitchen for a nice cold glass of water. I lay there, daydreaming about all the things I could be doing right now instead of lying around like a melted puddle of ice cream.

 

Then there was a sudden ring that came from my phone. The noise vibrated throughout the empty apartment. I groan as my hand reaches for it. All of my laziness and tiredness instantly escapes my body as I see the caller ID. I answered in a blink of an eye.

 

“Hello Mom!” I answered in a slightly squeaky voice.

 

“Have you found a job yet?” she instantly gets straight to the point doesn’t she?

 

There was a moment of silence before I finally found the courage to speak again. “Um, not yet. But I promise that I’ll get one by the end of the month. I should also be hearing back from some people soon too so don’t worry too much. By the way, did you eat yet?”

 

“Bona. You are a 23 year old woman who’s living by yourself. How can you be jobless when you’re this old already? Do I have to pay for everything until the day I die? You need to become more responsible as an adult. They just sent me an email that you’re late on rent this month so what are you going to do about it? If you don’t start being independent then you’ll have to come back to help your dad and I with the shop. Do you understand?” She stated. I could feel her glare through the phone.

 

“Yes mother, I understand,” I quietly whisper.

 

“Good. Since you’re falling short on money, why not get a roommate? Then everything will be half and half.”

 

“A roommate? Mom I told you that I wanted to live by my-”

 

“No more argument. It’s either you get a roommate or you can sleep outside because I’m not going to help you pay rent anymore. The restaurant is in a critical state right now, especially with you father in the hospital. Go and find a roommate by the end of next week! Do you hear me?”

 

“Yes mom. Have a good day.” She then hangs up on me.

 

I let out a huge sigh. A roommate? Where the heck do I get one of those? Aghhh whatever, I’m feeling like some iced coffee, then I’ll proceed my job hunt. I quickly run to my room and throw on a t-shirt with a pair of ripped denim shorts. After grabbing my phone, keys, backpack, and purse, I head out the door.

 

It was nice and bright out, but maybe it was too bright. So I pull out my shades and put them on to protect my eyes. There was this new cafe that just opened down the block and I really want to try it. I heard that it was a bunny cafe. Bunnies are one of my favorite animals because they’re so cute and fluffy. Also because my friends say that I look like one too.  

 

It was about a 10 minute walk and by the time I reached the shop, I was sweaty and dying. The strong and classic smell of coffee hits me as soon as i step into the building. I make my way to the counter and step in line as I scan the menu. Maybe I’ll just go with the iced coffee and vanilla sundae. It was finally my turn and I make my order. After that, I sat down at a nearby table and take a look around. There was a few pens with bunnies running around

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter