Current & Past

Love & Hate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo's POV

The sun had set hours ago and the moon was out. The skies were dark and the streets were quiet. There was no one near the playground right now but only the both of us. It was midnight and I was alone with Jennie, sitting at my favourite spot with my favourite person

She leaned her head against my shoulder and our hands were still intertwined with one another. Her soft and smooth hand that fits perfectly with mine like a puzzle piece that I had been searching for

I hope she would still stay with me after I tell her the story

I opened my mouth to speak and started telling her the story that I had only told Chaeyoung a few years back

"We... The three of us were very close back then. We were so close to the point where you could almost call us sisters. I guess what really brought us together was actually Irene. Seulgi and Irene had known each other since they were kids as they were playmates for each other. I only met them when I was in the last year of Primary School as Irene was the one who approached me first"

I stared at the ground for a few seconds before continuing my story. "Irene came to talk to me as I was eating lunch alone in class. Ever since that day, the lunch that I had always eaten alone after your disappearance was soon filled with joy and laughters. There were many guys who tried their luck in confessing to Irene but none of them stood a chance with her. But one day, one of the guys who couldn't stand being rejected by Irene started to talk bad about Irene right after the rejection. Thankfully, Seulgi and I were hiding in a bush and we witnessed everything that happened"

"Seulgi immediately came out of our hiding spot and twisted the guy's arm which caused him to cry out in pain. She only released him when he promised that he wouldn't get any closer to Irene. We all thought that everything would be fine but we were dead wrong. After that day, Irene always told us how she felt like someone was following her home but we just shrugged it off and told her that she was thinking too much"

"As there was a major exam coming up in 2 months, we were all very focused on studying and we always went home late. We all parted ways at an intersection to proceed home as usual. The only unusual part of that day was when Irene group called us almost 5minutes after we went our respective ways and she was speaking in low but rushed whispers"

I stopped my story for a second to looked at Jennie beside me to see if she was still awake and not bored by the story I was telling her. She only looked up at me from my shoulder and gave me a smile to let me know that she was still listening attentively

 

"When I picked up the call and heard Irene, I thought that she was pranking us at first and I didn't take her seriously. I believe that Seulgi had the same thinking as me because she didn't sound worried when she replied Irene. 'Seulgi, Jisoo... I think someone is following me!' That was the first thing Irene told us when we answered the call"

"I was still laughing at Irene and I told her to stop with her prank call when we suddenly heard shoutings. 'Wh-What are you guys doing!' The moment I heard Irene shout and there were a few voices that could be heard on the call, I immediately ran back and towards the direction of Irene's house"

"Seulgi and I were starting to panic and we were both on the call trying to get Irene to respond to us but there was no answer. My phone was still at my ear and I was sprinting with all my might. I was calling for Seulgi on the call but I got no reply and I believed that she had cut the call to focus on running"

"I then decided to end the call and continued running. When I was still running, I could hear Seulgi shouting at an isolated alley way and I slowed down my pace and peek at the corner to see what was going on. I saw Irene lying on the floor while being surrounded by 3 guys and Seulgi was shouting to get their attention which she managed to"

"The 3 guys turned back to look at Irene and I recognized one of them to be the guy that was recently rejected by Irene. 'That ! She was the one who twisted my arm!' The guy said and he started running towards Seulgi while trying to get a punch on her. As Seulgi has quick reflexes, she managed to dodge the incoming punch and instead manage to counter attack the guy. Seeing how the guy needed help, his other 2 friends also joined in on the fight and managed to outnumber Seulgi"

"At that point in time, I was filled with shock and paralyzed with fear. I mustered up my courage and raised my voice 'St-Stop!' That was all I could say as I started to chicken out and take a few steps back. 'Jisoo! Call the cops!' Seulgi shouted at me and I saw one of the guys starting to chase me. I quickly turned away and ran as fast as my legs could get me to and I managed to escape from the guy as I hid in another dark alleyway"

"I..." I started to trail off as my vision was suddenly getting blurry as tears were starting to well up in my eyes. Noticing that I was crying, Jennie quickly got up from my shoulder and cupped her hands at my cheek. She wiped away my tears that were flowing down and pulled me in for a hug. "Shh... It's okay" Jennie said softly as she tried to calm me down

"No it's not okay! What I did next was worse!"

"What happened was all in the past. You were still young back then and I understand how you were probably too scared to do anything logical. Live in the present now Jichu"

 

I shook my head and I pulled back from the hug and looked at Jennie. "How can I live in the present... When the both of them are still in my life" I looked at her brown orbs that were staring into mine tenderly and I thought about how I don't deserve her

"Then you can make amends. I know it might be hard because of the wounds that each of you carry but I'm sure e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter