epilogue

Solace in the Hurricane
 
Epilogue.

That windy evening, Na Seon sits on a bench in the park where she and her new lover promises to meet. She chuckles alone, thinking of how sweet and sincere Baekhyun's smile is, how effortlessly happy and funny the guy is. Baekhyun is the only one who manage to make her laugh her heart out and he is too the one who always be there when she feels low.

It is amazing how Na Seon can always be herself with Baekhyun. Not like a princess who needs to take care of her every moves. With Baekhyun, there is no need to sit on laps, braid hair or whatsoever.

Photography became the one thing that bind them together.

 

it is clever who invented camera,
that lets the time stops on an empty white canvas.

 

"Seon Seon!" Baekhyun shouts from across the road, waving his hand towards the flower of his life. On his lips is a pair of the most sincere smile a girl can ever receive.

 

BANG.

 

 

Loud sirens fill the cold and empty air. Everyone starts to run in panic, shouting for help.

She stands there motionlessly, staring into the thin air that blows her hair every few seconds. Her eyes are red now, blinking only when it hurts. Her right hand holds onto the camera, ever
                                                                                                so
                                                                                                                                     tightly.

 

In the midst of the chaos, tears spill down her cheeks.

In the midst of the uproars, pieces of her heart are slowly leaving.

As they leave, she stays there.

 

 

One hand slowly brings the camera up towards the one who is covered in blood, laying on the red puddles. Stiff. Without pulse.

 

Click.

 

it is a curse who invented camera,
that lets even the darkest memory to stay on an empty white canvas.

 

====

 

Lean fingers moves on the study table in larghetto. That pair of sad eyes finally finds its way to a picture of a guy with mouth full of donuts in one album.

The fingers moves to the back pocket of its figure. A picture of one body covered in blood is taken out and placed on an empty spot of the album, just beside the previous one.

 

when my heart is breaking to pieces,
waiting, to be gone along.


To be gone along.

 

===

 

Seoul, 5 May 2018 - A body of a young man is found dead in one apartment that is reported to be owned by a woman named Na Seon who was a victim of a stray bullet incident in Hangang Park a few weeks ago. The guy is verified to be a boyfriend of the victim.

He was found dead on her study table with head placed on an album containing many pictures including a picture of Na Seon during the incident. Police is still investigating whether the pictures in the album can lead to any hints towards the reason of his death besides the report of drug overdosed.

No physical injuries was found on his body. Further investigation is currently underway.

 

===

 

"Seon, what is the meaning of this?" Baekhyun asks while looking at Na Seon's handwriting behind the picture that she gave yesterday.

"Let only death become the only thing that can tear us apart," she whispers before resting her head on his shoulder.

"Until death do us part," Baekhyun smiles as he continues.

 

And the park is once again filled with their laughs of the words that just came out from their lips.

But deep inside both hearts know, how true the words hold.

 

Let the one that parts us - death

THE END