part two.

Solace in the Hurricane
 
Part Two; Hurricane.

 

If I could ever cut off this hands that you used to hold,
trust me,

if I could ever clean this body until it bleeds away the traces of your touch,
trust me,

if I could ever crush this brain that use to think about you every seconds,
trust me,

if I could ever throw away this heart that you use to flatter,
trust me,

I would do all that,
but no,

I want to witness that shameless face,
find its way down to the ground,
feeling the pain you once gave me,

while I'm here, standing strong in front of you.

 

===

 

Ten days after Na Seon finds out that Kai was cheating on her feels like years. Those ten days became too dark in her eyes. She feels so dead inside and finally became who she used to be, keeping herself far away from everyone. What is the point talking to friends who sugarcoat everything when she is around but talk trash about her when she is gone.

Most importantly, she is embarrassed. Embarrassed for letting herself being fooled. She is supposed to know even from the very start that she is just a 'lab rat' for Kai. A perfect guy like that would never want a normal girl like her, a girl that life so dull to be his girlfriend. Fairytales will and always be fairytales. It will never become reality especially to a girl like her.

Photography.

The one thing she takes as a hobby to distract herself and forget about all the heartbreaking memories. Guess she was wrong, her ring this year will stay dark - maybe even darker than ever.

Click.

Focus the girl taking pictures of a ladybug that is resting peacefully on a green leaf. Today, the photography class she joined three days ago is all about connecting the students with the nature. Insects became their main subject. Knowing an accurate way to adjust the lens and position one's camera at the right angle are two of the most important aspects as being told by her teacher.

"A little bit to the left," interrupts one cheeky voice.

Na Seon only rolls her eyes before grunting in annoyance.

" off."

Since the tragic event that happened ten days ago, Na Seon is now wholeheartedly hates every single male species. Na Seon today is no longer Na Seon who used to be a damsel in distress, hoping for a mighty prince to protect her from anything. She wants to show Kai, the guy who dared to play her heart and to everyone that she will never be fooled again.

Baekhyun seems to not get it or pretend not to because he is not budging but keeps on instructing her to move her camera's angle to somewhere she never actually listen.

"What the ? Finish your job first, dude."

"Done," Baekhyun grins before proudly showing the picture he took.

Na Seon's eyes is fast to fix on his camera that shows a beautiful blue colored butterfly with wings decorated in random black and brown patterns. She is not sure how and why but every lighting or every angle of that picture is so perfect that it actually makes the butterfly looks somewhat alive.

Byun Baekhyun. A guy with the most annoying attitude in the photography class but ironically, the best student too. He never knows how to mind his own business, walking around the class disturbing everyone. It makes Na Seon thinks that maybe he has a cyst on his - a huge one. Super annoying. Since they first day she starts joining this class, Baekhyun has never (not even once) stop disturbing her concentration.

"Beautiful, right?" Baekhyun wiggles his eyebrows with a playful grin.

Na Seon nods while shifting her eyes to meet his face. She frowns and shakes her head looking at how bright and exuberant Baekhyun is. She can't help but to form a small smile at his silly acts. Na Seon notices how Baekhyun has a fairer skin, a clean face with a few unnoticeable pimples and a pair of small happy eyes. When he smiles, one can see a little bit of his gums and almost all of his teeth. He looks so innocent. It makes Na Seon wonders, how come someone can ever look this pure, as if he never sin before. 

Too bad, all men are trash.

Seconds later, Na Seon is back to focus on her task. Baekhyun blinks in disbelieve, mouth slighly gaping. He really thinks he finally able to grab her attention but for the God knows how many times, he is being ignored yet again.

 

===

 

Today, she is with Baekhyun inside a public bus going to their weekly photography class. She is forced to sit next to him because being a noisy and annoying guy he is, Baekhyun did not stop persuading her to let him sit beside, causing a scene. Everyone was already looking and Na Seon hates attention so she gives in.

 

I'm gonna kill him one day, I swear.

 

Along the way, Na Seon only focuses on examining some pictures in her camera, taking note on anything that needs to be improved when she feels a cold hand resting on her right thigh. Baekhyun's.

 

You know what? I'm gonna kill him today.

 

Without wasting a heartbeat, Na Seon silently takes out a small needle from her backpack that she happens to carry everywhere and prick it on his hand.

"ARGH!!"

Baekhyun's scream is the next thing everyone in the bus hear. He shuts his eyes so tight holding back the pain while one hand soothingly rubbing the other.

"It hurts!" Baekhyun hisses.

He glares at Na Seon who casually sits next to him as if she did nothing. He was just sleeping. It is not like he purposely placed his hand on her thigh though deep inside, he can't stop thanking his half conscious self for the act.

Since that day, Baekhyun keeps on disturbing Na Seon more than ever. He makes sure to follow her everywhere she goes, like a koala bear hanging on its favorite tree. Na Seon is more annoyed than she thinks she could ever be. Maybe pricking his hand was the worse decision she ever made in life. Every time this guy disturbs her, she will punch, kick, elbow, knee and any other body parts she can possibly use to just push him away. However, it only encourages him to piss her off even more.

"This month's project is all about creating an album with a concept that makes a non-living object to look alive," says the photography class teacher.

"It's going to be a little hard so I want you to form a group of two," she continues before clapping her hands twice to tell the students to do it fast.

"I AM!" Baekhyun suddenly shouts.

All eyes are looking at him.

"With Na Seon," he grins, dragging him and his chair towards the girl while glaring at the other guys' eyes as if telling them that Na Seon is under his custody.

"I object," Na Seon looks at Ms. Kim with all hopes and seriousness.

"Alright. Baekhyun and Na Seon. Next?"

Na Seon sighs in defeat. Baekhyun on the other hand is smiling a tad bit too wide, feeling so satisfied.

 

===

 

Almost a month has passed since the day they were assigned to the photography project and since that day too, the two unknowingly became closer. Na Seon did not know how and when did she ever become comfortable with Baekhyun's clinginess. Guess all she ever needed is to be distracted and both photography and Baekhyun are definitely helping her with that.

That night, Na Seon is laying on her single bed while listening to some music from her white earphone. She is spreading the pages of their project's album that is almost done when her eyes catches a strange picture that is placed between two pages. A side picture of her who is smiling while looking at a sunflower.

"Ew, so ugly!" her cheeks redden rather instantly.

Na Seon throws the picture away until it lands on the edge of the bed and within that heartbeat, she notices some words written on the backside of the picture. She blinks in confusion and crawls towards it until her eyes meet with the letters.

 

Your smile is the sweetest.
I like you, Seon Seon!
-Baekhyun-

 

That night, Na Seon goes to sleep smiling like a fool.

The next day, Na Seon decides to act cool. She bits her lips to hold back laughter everytime she sees Baekyun being so excited everytime he looks at her with that innocent smile of his, hoping for an answer. Na Seon only raises a judging brow, pretending to know nothing. She wants to see how long can this guy waits. She wants to know if what he wrote is true. Truth is, she is too scared to fall in love again.

It takes about a month or two when Na Seon finally decides to brave herself and slide a picture in his back pocket. A picture of when Baekhyun was filling his mouth with as much donuts as possible. She remembers how he randomly created that challenge and dared himself into it. He looks cute, he looks timeless. He looks Baekhyun.

 

Let the one that can part us - death
-Seon Seon-

 

 

===

 

Today is Saturday which also means lazy day for Na Seon. She is searching for any interesting show on Netflix in her living room when she hears someone knocking on the door. Knowing that no one has ever paid her a visit, she ignores them thinking maybe they gets the wrong house. It is not long when she hears someone knocking again, "Seon Seon!"

She jolts upon hearing Baekhyun's voice calling for her. Na Seon is fast to clean the mess in the living room before rushing to open the door.

"Good morning, pretty," Baekhyun greets with a wide grin and gives a loving peck on her lips leaving Na Seon blinking in confusion with cheeks a little red by the compliment.

"Did I forget that you are coming or?"

"No, I came to surprise you."

"Early in the morning?"

"Yes, early in the morning."

Na Seon closes the door and turns around to scan her boyfriend up and down as if looking for something.

"So where's the surprise?"

Baekhyun chuckles before taking off his coat in a seductively manner and winks, "Me."

There is a few seconds of silence before Na Seon bursts into laughter at his failed attempt, her hands tugging her stomach bearing the pain of laughing to hard.

"Come on, it's not that bad," Baekhyun pouts playfully while reaching out to hold one of her hands.

"No, it's not bad. It's beyond worse." Na Seon answers in between her fading laughs.

Baekhyun chuckles and pulls her to the living room, looking at his girl lovingly. Na Seon tenses at the touch, her cheeks blushing as she meets his eyes. The way she looks at her is so different than how Kai used to. Everytime she finds his eyes, it's always full of love. She can feel it although Baekhyun always tend to hide it with him being silly or joking around. 

"Let's go on a date. I miss my girlfriend," Baekhyun asks while swinging theirs hands side to side.

"You just met me two days ago, Baek. Plus, it's Saturday. You know how I don't like going out today."

"I know but I missed you so much. Can we please? Just today," he cooes.

Na Seon takes a deep breath before sighing in half defeat and half content, "okay, but only if you cook breakfast."

 

 

"Tell me more about yourself," Baekhyun chirps as he cracks an egg into the hot pan along with its shell. Na Seon is sitting behind, grinning silently as she watches him struggling to cook. He is never a good cook but it is always an enjoyable experience for Na Seon to witness her boyfriend pacing around in panic when he doesn't know what to do next or when he burns something.

"My life is boring, there's nothing much about me," Na Seon answers before finally deciding to help him. She pushes him with her hip as she takes over the pan.

Baekhyun grins, "Why photography out of all things?"

She hums, "I've always loved taking pictures since I was a kid. Don't you think it's amazing? How with a single click, you can make a moment stays eternally not only in mind but also physically."

Baekhyun nods in agreement.

"What about you?" Na seon takes a peek and sees Baekhyun looking at the ceiling, thinking.

"My dad loved taking pictures too. When I was little, I remember going everywhere with him, finding the best spots to shot some pictures. That was until he died with cancer a few years later and he left this camera to me," he touches his camera that he placed on the kitchen counter. Just like Na Seon, he always bring his camera everywhere too.

"And it started with me using his camera as to honor his memories before I realized that I want to do this forever, as a hobby or a career. I can settle with either one."

Baekhyun is always the talkative one so she listens to him talking about it until she is finally done with cooking. 

 

 

Na Seon finds herself answering to his endless questions when they are having breakfast and she loves it. She listens how he talks about his obsession towards donuts which she happens to share the same, his childhood, his family. They talk about their favourite songs, favourite movies, favourite food, their likes and dislikes. These kind of small talks is cozy to her. Getting to know him and him getting to know her. It's feels comfortable to finally have someone to talk to and be listened to, genuinely.

They come to a point where Baekhyun is talking about his exes. He dated only three times before. None of them lasted longer than this relationship he has with Na Seon. He openly shares why they broke up and other stuffs that Na Seon can't help but to feel a pinch of jealousy as he continues. Sometimes, Baekhyun talks too much and sometimes the topics are just plain unnecessary, like this one.

 

"I've told mine, now tell me about your exes."

There is a long silence.

Baekhyun waits for Na Seon as her breath gets heavier, her hand hold the spoon tightly. She strains herself there, biting her bottom lips staring blankly at her empty plate. Baekhyun reads her gestures in a flash and understands. He stands up and makes his away across the table to hold Na Seon by her waist and pulls her up on her feet, his right hand gently caressing her cheeks.

"I'm sorry," he whispers before kissing her forehead lightly. She softens at the touch and rests her head on his chest. They stays like that for a few minutes before she brings her face up to meet Baekhyun's eyes with full of hope and as if they are talking telepathically, he nods with a soothing smile.

 

"I love you and I will never hurt you."