002 (EDITED)

Married Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
   

Areum stared at the cute little angel sitting on her lap. She wanted to decline, but her cute little pout was just too charming for Areum to resist.

"I will come visit you" Areum leaned closer to Nari and kissed her cheeks. "You've just shared a kiss with my Daddy," Nari said with a smile, and her choice of words knocked the air out of Areum.

"What? Why did you say that?" The teacher asked, still shocked.
"Simple." Nari poked the teacher's cheeks and giggled.
"Because my Dad also kissed me at that exact same spot this morning, and you just did the same right now."
Areum smiled and cupped her cheeks.
"You're so funny, baby."
"Thank you." The little girl grinned and continued munching on her lunch.

 

🕉🕉🕉

 

With his back resting against his chair, Sehun sighed heavily. He was feeling suffocated throughout the meeting and couldn't concentrate for a single second.

'What do I do? Where do I get a wife who will love and cherish my dear princess?'
Sehun shook his head in frustration. He wanted to scream out his built-up exasperation, but he just kept it all in. Then came his friend Kris.

"Hey, what's with the long face?"

Sehun raised his head at the familiar voice, and sighed yet again on seeing his friend.
"Dude you won't understand." The CEO droped his pen on the table with a yawn following.


"Is this about Nari's health condition?"

"Yes." Sehun voiced out a bit too quick. "She's skipping meals in school and it's really hurting her. The last time we went for a checkup, the doctor said if this continues, she's going to develop stomach ulcer, and that's the last thing I want."

"Then get married again, give your daughter a mother's care and forget about your fear and past." Kris advised, but Sehun shook his head in disagreement.

"No, I.. I can't get married again."

"Why?"

"I don't want to put my angel's life in danger again, just like what Rita did just because Nari was adopted, and not her biological child. No, I can't afford to lose my princess." Sehun shook his head at his own words. The memories flashed into his mind, it was horrible just thinking about it.

"I can't."

"Then you will be responsible for whatever happens to Nari," Kris said firmly. "You can't ever take proper care of yourself, how can you manage Nari's well-being? With you still stubbornly refusing to get married, do you want to kill your beloved child? Why adopt her when you know you can't even give her the proper love she deserves?" Kris questioned, clearly irritated with the CEO's behaviour and adamant attitude.

"Please just don't call her adopted. I love her with everything in me, but time is something I don't have."

"Then ing get married Oh Sehun! Give Nari a better life." Kris got up and left the office in anger. He was so done convincing the CEO, unhappy that nothing was happening.

'You won't understand me Kris, I don't want to expose Nari to any more danger like before, I can't take it if anything should happen to my angel.'
Sehun ran his fingers through his hair as he sighed in tiredness. He was scared of repeating the same mistake he made years ago.

 

 

"Wait up baby, you might get hurt." Areum ran after the squealing child who was still so excited about her new teacher Areum visiting her real soon.

Areum chased the little rigid girl till she got a hold of her.
"Sweetheart it's risky to run off on your own without an adult with you." Areum explained with a little frown on her face.

"I'm so sorry teacher. I didn't mean to run off, just that I was so excited that you will be taking me home with my Grandma today." Nari said as she started to cry softly knowing her teacher's displeasure.

"What?" Areum asked, not believing her ears. "Taking you home today?"
"Yeah, you're going home with me.... Isn't it?" The girl cried even harder, and Areum felt hurt for ruining down a child's hope. She bent over and carried her.

"I'm so sorry sweetheart, I didn't mean to make you cry. Please forgive me." Areum pleaded while caressing the kid's hair.
"I will only stop crying if you come along with me and my Grandma to see my house."
"Nari... But-" Areum started but was cut off her words by a tiny finger placed on her lips, preventing her from speaking.

"Please, Aunty." Nari pleaded and Areum was once again beaten hands down by the little girl's tears.

"Okay sweetheart, I will go with you, but please stop crying now okay."
"Okay." Nari nodded, and Areum wiped the tears off her eyes, unknown to her that Mrs. Oh was staring at them throughout the whole time.

Areum picked up Nari's school bag, and as she lifted up her head she was greeted by a white limousine in front of her, a lady stepped out of the limousine, walking towards her direction.

Who could this person be? Areum wonders as she held the little girl tighter.
"Grandma!" Nari screamed on seeing Mrs. Oh.

Oh, she must be her Grandma Nari was talking about.

"Oh, darling." The lady move closer to carry Nari, but Areum suddenly flinched in fear when the woman's hand gently contact with her skin.

"Hey, what's wrong? Did I hurt you?" Mrs. Oh asked and tried to hold Areum's hands, but the latter flinched yet again but this time she was almost sobbing. It was happening again, her terrible phobia slowly kicked in and she staggered.

"Please, don't hurt me." Areum pleaded with her hands covering her face as she squat down on the ground.

Nari was shocked at Areum's sudden actions. She struggled to come down from her Grandma's arms and softly grabbed Areum's hand and caressed it.

"Aunt are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere? Are you in pain"? Nari asked with her tiny hands softly caressing Areum's shaking hands.

Areum slowly calmed down, but remained quiet. It was a sign of embarrassment, having crumbling down at the touch of a stranger on her body. The cold air hits her skin and at that moment she faced the little girl.

"Sweetheart, don't worry. I'm okay, I guess I'm just falling under the weather." Areum smiled at the child and caressed her face.

"I'm so sorry child, I hope you're okay?" Mrs. Oh asked, avoiding touching Areum again.

Areum nodded. "I'm okay ma'am, don't worry. Also, Nari asked me to come over no matter what, I don't know if it's okay with you."

"Oh, sure. You are free to, but this lady over here is nothing but trouble." Mrs. Oh smiled, and
Areum smiled as well.

"Don't worry ma'am, I will take good care of her."

 

 

The drive to Nari's home was far from quiet as she made the car so loud as if there were 10 people sitting in the car.
"Be quiet Nari, you're so loud."

"Sorry Grandma, but this is not being loud. I'm just so so excited because my favorite teacher is coming over to my house!" Nari grabbed Areum's hand and sat on her lap.

"Aunt what kind of food would you like to have?"

"Anything."

"Anything?"

"Yes, anything my little angel offers to me."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter