Chapter 5

Too Good To Be Wrong [Series]
Please log in to read the full chapter

You felt like you had entered another universe. Perhaps you had. Ever since you kissed Chanyeol that night, life had become indescribably better. You woke up in your bed or his, but never alone. And at any chance you could, your lips found Chanyeol’s in a dizzying embrace. Everything you did now had an added purpose. Shopping for groceries felt more complete when you did it together, cleaning the apartment was renewed, scrubbing often interrupted with a series of kisses and affectionate teasing. You went out on dates and the whole time you held hands and stared at each other lovingly like any other loved up couple. Even going to work together was sweeter, Chanyeol’s music no longer bothering you because he held your hand all the way until he dropped you off.

Everything was just so, well you hated to use the word, but perfect.

You felt like you had somehow skipped a whole step in your relationship with Chanyeol, not needing any time to get acquainted with likes and dislikes since you had known each other your whole lives. There was nothing awkward or odd about your daily routine together, those moments where you had danced over your changing relationship soon forgotten over the weeks that had passed by. You were living in endless bliss. You wondered if this is what newlyweds experienced, where everything felt so right and you couldn’t imagine going without your partner.

You didn’t think you could ever survive without Chanyeol now.

It was now five weeks into your relationship with Chanyeol and the only problem you were facing was what to talk about with your parents. They had been initially pleased to hear you and Chanyeol were getting along well enough for him to stay on at your apartment. Your Mum had even praised you for being so generous. It had been uncomfortable to converse long about the topic though and you had started distracting her whenever she started talking too much about you and Chanyeol. It gave you anxiety every time when she mentioned little things about how well you were getting along and that it had to be a miracle. You didn’t want her to cotton on why things were going so well. And since you knew you got your curious nature from your mother, you were guarded whenever you saw her name flash on the screen.

Which was happening right now. “Uh, hi Mum.”

“Y/N, we’re coming up over the weekend.”

“W-what?!” you cried, panic settling in immediately.

Your mother chuckled. “Why do you sound so flustered? Did you think we’d forget your thirtieth? Your father is insisting on having a family dinner together. What do you think?”

Of course, your birthday next week had completely left your mind until she mentioned it. You still felt worried, trying to think of a way to get out of it. You needed more time, and Chanyeol wasn’t home to create a scheme. The one thing you hadn’t really discussed since dating was your parents. It was as if you had separated your romance and your family dynamics entirely when you started kissing each other. And whilst it was working as a couple, well, you realised you needed to figure how to deal with your parents. Because they existed and one day soon you would be in their company again.

Just the thought of sitting in a room with your parents and Chanyeol together made you break out into an irrational sweat.

“Y/N?” your mother called since you had fallen silent.

“I’m here, I uh, had a long day at work today so I zoned out, sorry.”

“Well, it’s not up for discussion. We’ll be up in the weekend,” she informed before telling you to send her love to Chanyeol and ended the call.

You didn’t know what to do.

 

 

The weekend loomed on you both and Chanyeol had done all he could to calm you down. As soon as he arrived home that evening after the call, you had bombarded him with your fearful chatter, h

Please log in to read the full chapter