Contraband

I DO, DO I?

 

Jongin couldn’t stop thinking about it. He was obsessed with that kiss. He hadn’t slept a wink all night, he kept replaying the scene in his head. Kyungsoo’s beautiful face leaning in closer and closer, taking his breath away. The moment their lips met, Jongin had felt something burst inside him. Kyungsoo had demolished the last of Jongin’s defenses, infiltrating his heart with a whole army, sequestering it.

At first, the kiss was slightly hesitant, but when Jongin started to kiss him back, Kyungsoo’s fingers untangled themselves from Jongin’s, his hand sneaking behind Jongin’s neck. The soft touch of his fingers instigated a wave of goose bumps, causing Jongin to shiver slightly. He wasn’t sure if Kyungsoo had felt that, but right then Kyungsoo drew him in closer, putting his arms around him.

Meanwhile, Kyungsoo’s lips taught Jongin’s lips what a kiss really was. It was soft, yet firm. Timid, yet confident. Jongin was so busy experiencing the fireworks display that was happening inside him, that he was having a hard time holding on to reality. He just followed Kyungsoo’s lead and let it all happen.

The moment it was turning juicy, Jongin could hear someone cough not far behind him. It was a very disgruntled movie theater usher. Lost in the kiss, Jongin had completely forgotten they were in a public place. Kyungsoo tore his lips away from Jongin’s, leaving them cold and lonely.

 

The whole way home Jongin had been scared, or maybe kind of hoping, that Kyungsoo would pull something in bed when they were about to go to sleep, but he didn‘t. Jongin turned in the bed, glancing at Kyungsoo who was peacefully asleep. What if this was like the other kisses? What if tomorrow he would act like it had never happened. Jongin didn‘t want that. He wanted Kyungsoo to acknowledge the kiss, he wanted him to kiss him again and he wanted him... Yes, he wanted him.

Jongin rested his head on his hand, so he could get a better look at that gorgeous face of his. Jongin‘s insides vibrated, he had never felt anything like it before. It was like the feeling of excitement, mixed with utter terror. He felt so vulnerable and exposed, like his fate was now in Kyungsoo‘s hands. Was this what love felt like? Or was it something else entirely?

Deep in thought, he realized too late that Kyungsoo had opened his eyes, and was staring straight into his. Jongin swallowed. He didn‘t know what to do, so he just kept looking into those big, enchanting eyes. They stayed like that for a moment, or a year, Jongin had lost all sense of time, and then a quirky grin popped up on Kyungsoo‘s lips before he casually leaned forward and gave him a soft ‘good morning‘ kiss, as if that was something they did every morning before he got up.

Jongin turned red from head to toe.

 

 

“What’s wrong? You’ve been weird all morning.” Taemin X-rayed him with his eyes.

“Nothing.” Jongin shrugged.

He quickly undressed and entered the shower room. Taemin was right behind him, choosing the shower stall next to his, as he always did.

“Have you always known you were gay?” Jongin asked out of the blue as he rinsed the shampoo out of his hair. They were the only ones there, so he had decided to jump at the chance to get some covert advice.

“Huh? Yeah, I mean, didn’t you always know you were straight?” Taemin threw back at him, a little too pointedly. Did he know he was straight? That was the big question. He knew he could have feelings for a guy, that was clear as day. Romantic feelings. And when Kyungsoo kissed him, it made him want to do more. But, would he really be able to do more? He had no idea what he had gotten himself into and he was starting to feel a bit scared. He was afraid he wouldn’t know what to do, he was afraid that it would hurt, but most of all he was worried that his inexperience would put Kyungsoo off.

“Is it different?” Jongin said in almost a whisper. He wasn’t sure Taemin had heard him over the noise of the water rushing to the floor.

“What?” Taemin squinted at him, his forehead and eyebrows covered in soap.

“You know… it. …doing… it… you know… with… with a guy.” Jongin bit his lower lip, embarrassed.

Taemin gave him a look.

“Huh.”

He turned off the shower.

“I did not see this coming.”.

“Me neither.” Jongin sighed.

Taemin’s surprise only lasted a fraction of a second, and then he rushed back to the locker room, grabbing a towel on the way.

Afraid that he was mad at him, or disappointed in him, Jongin hesitantly followed.

Taemin was knee deep in his locker, searching for something, all kinds of crap coming flying out of it.

“Aha! I knew I had some!” Taemin smiled triumphantly. “So, first thing’s first. You need condoms and lube on hand at all times, just in case.” He handed Jongin a small box and a half-empty tube.

“Put this in your nightstand, and just let the situation arise naturally. Don’t push it or be in too much of a rush. Don’t worry, you’ll know the right moment when it presents itself. Trust me.” He smirked.

“I’d also recommend you buy some more and stash it in your gym bag. You never know. Better safe than sorry, right?” Taemin giggled, clearly remembering something he had no intention of sharing with Jongin.

“But I don’t know what to do…” Jongin complained.

“Oh you will.” Taemin told him with the confidence of a thousand men. “And if you don’t, I’m pretty sure Kyungsoo will.”.

That was the problem. Kyungsoo was probably way more experienced than him. He was going to look like an idiot.

 

 

Jongin hurried home, hoping to beat Kyungsoo to it, so he could sneak Taemin's gifts into the nightstand drawer before Kyungsoo came home. Kyungsoo never used that drawer so he would be none the wiser. He got a message that Kyungsoo was on his way, after all it was almost bedtime story time. Jongin gave up waiting for the elevator and took the stairs, running up two steps at a time. Out of breath, heart beating, he barged inside, ran into the room and hid the merchandise at the very back of the drawer. He had almost closed it, when he heard someone clear his throat behind him.

Kyungsoo.

He slammed the drawer shut, and turned around, blocking access to it.

“What was that?” Kyungsoo had a peculiar expression on his face, almost like he knew something. He couldn't. Could he?

“Huh? Oh, nothing.” Jongin could feel pearls of cold sweat forming on his forehead. His muscles tensed, ready to defend the nightstand with everything they had.

“I saw you put something in there.” Kyungsoo peered his eyes, slowly moving closer to him. Jongin tried not to let on how much he was panicking. His mind was racing, trying to come up with a distraction, something to put Kyungsoo off the scent.

“Oh ehm, I bought a new book, since we're almost done with the one we are reading now.” Jongin lied.

“Oh did you now? Let me see...” Kyungsoo bridged the remaining two inches between them, his hands sneaking past Jongin on either side of him, pleasantly grazing Jongin's as they tried to get hold of the drawer handle behind him.

“No! It's a surprise! You have to wait until we finish this one!!” Jongin's voice broke with panic, using his behind to squish the drawer as far into the nightstand as it would go. Kyungsoo's hands retreated, not able to withstand Jongin's buns of steal.

“I don't wanna wait...” Kyungsoo smirked, flicking the back of Jongin's hand that was holding on to the edge of the nightstand for dear life.

“OUCH!!” the blinding pain distracted Jongin for a split second, his hand recoiling in pain. It gave Kyungsoo the wiggle room he needed. He yanked on the handle with all his might, pushing Jongin out of the way. Luckily, Jongin had had the sense to hide both the box of condoms and the lube at the very back, so you couldn't see them even if you opened the drawer, since it was an old nightstand and the drawer was sticky and didn't open all the way.

“So where's the book?” Kyungsoo asked him suspiciously, looking at a pack of tissues sitting innocently inside the drawer, pretending it was its only inhabitant.

“Ehhh...”.

But Jongin didn't get a chance to answer, Kyungsoo bent down and stuck his hand way in there, his face changing into a big, triumphant 'AHA!'. Jongin's insides twisted so violently it almost made him puke. He was so screwed. Sheer panic took over his body, freezing the blood in his veins. And he just stood there, in suspended animation, waiting for the axe to drop.

Kyungsoo's hand returned with the loot. Kyungsoo stared at his own hand, or rather at what was hiding inside his palm. Then his eyes turned to Jongin, who dared not meet them. Kyungsoo looked taken aback, surprise written all over his face. Jongin's lungs screamed for oxygen, but still he held his breath. Kyungsoo turned his attention back to the contraband he had just confiscated.

“Do you know how to use this?” he asked Jongin in a quiet, extra soft voice.

Jongin shook his head.

Slowly, a naughty smile took over Kyungsoo's lips. “I'll show you.” he said with a twinkle in his eye.