I DOn't!

I DO, DO I?

 

“I'm not doing it!” Jongin threw two big paper bags on the floor of Taemin's room. It was all that he owned now.

“They can cut me off all they want, there's no way I'm marrying a stranger just because of some stupid prophecy.” he said fuming, letting himself fall dramatically into the only chair in the room.

“Uhm.. so where are you going to stay?” Taemin raised his eyebrow, finally focusing his attention on him.

“Here.” Jongin grinned hopefully.

“Oh.. uhm...” Taemin looked around the small dorm room, which only had two narrow beds on the opposite sides and a small walkway between them, leading to two small desks in each corner in the far end of the room, divided by a small window that barely opened.

“Okay! You can take Sehun's bed!” Taemin smiled, happy with the solution.

“What about Sehun?” he asked, not necessarily thrilled at the idea of sharing a one person's bed with Sehun, who was pretty tall and not that bothered about personal space. He was also pretty sure he played for Taemin's team.

“Oh, he's never home lately, he's staying at a friend's I think...” Taemin shrugged, not finding it a big deal to auction out Sehun's bed in his absence. “Is that all your stuff?” he added, looking at the two paper bags that took up half the floor space.

“Yeah... I had one more, but I lost it on the way.” he sighed.

“Mm.” Taemin simply replied, not finding it at all odd, since Taemin was even worse than him when it came to losing and misplacing stuff. “You can just throw it into Sehun's closet or under the bed.”.

As he was squishing his bags as hard as he could to try and fit them in the tiny space under the bed, his phone rang.

“I'll get it.” Taemin said and stuck his hand into Jongin's back pocket, fishing his phone out.

“No!” Jongin exclaimed, but it was too late, Taemin had already answered. As he had surmised, it was his mom. He waved his hands dramatically, indicating he was not there.

“I'm sorry Mrs. Kim, he forgot his phone at my place.” Taemin skilfully lied. “No, I have no idea where he is.” he shrugged and said his goodbyes. He had had plenty of practice lying to his mom. When they were younger, they took turns telling the other's parents that they were staying over at each other's house, when in reality they were staying up all night at the dance studio, trying to perfect a new dance move or making up a new routine. That's how they became such good friends. Best friends. They had always been the ones to leave the latest after class and they bonded through dance. But now they shared much more than dance, they shared everything. Except what only lovers could share with one another. That was the only area where they didn't match. Taemin had a thing for well built jocks, while Jongin was more into pretty tomboys. Jongin used to feel a bit upset and jealous that Taemin shared stuff with his boyfriends that he couldn't share with him. But later, after Taemin had gone through a bunch of guys, he realized it was just as well, that way they never had to worry about falling out or breaking up, they could stay in each other's lives forever.

“Your mom told me to tell you to call her.” Taemin shrugged.

“Yeah. No. I told her I wasn't gay and asked how they could possibly force me to marry a guy, but she just said that no one was asking me to sleep with him, that I just had to marry him and live under the same roof as him, for the good of the family.” he told him, appalled.

“I'm not marrying a guy. No way!” he put his foot down. There was no way. “And certainly not that little creepy dude. He always just sits quietly in the corner at social functions, clearly contemplating how he would murder everyone at the party.” he shivered and got goosebumps everywhere. “I mean, sure, those functions , I don't wanna be there either, but I'm not gona murder anyone to get out of it!”.

“But... he hasn't murdered anyone yet, right?” Taemin pointed out.

“No... not yet... or.. at least he hasn't gotten caught yet...” he rolled his eyes.

“What are you going to do for money? Do you have enough?” Taemin wondered.

“They cut off all my credit cards. I donno... I'm just gona get a job or something. It can't be that hard.” he shrugged, feeling confident that even though he had never worked a day in his life that he would be awesome at it.

“Alright. Here, you can use this until you get paid.” Taemin dug into his pocket and threw a crumpled 10.000 won bill at him. Jongin completely melted. Even though Taemin was being all nonchalant about it, 10.000 won was a lot of money for him. His family was beyond poor and he had to use his scholarship both to survive and send money home.

“Anyway, I'm off. I have a date!” Taemin sent him a wink and giggled.

 

Jongin pulled the covers closer, he was shivering it was so cold. He had no idea how to turn the heat up. It had been a lonely night. He had no data left on his phone and Taemin still wasn't back from his date. He sighed. He was terrified. He had no idea how he was going to do this. He had to grow up overnight. He tried to push the feelings of fear and self doubt under the covers and closed his eyes. He wished he would just fall asleep.

As he felt sleep's heavy arms envelope him, a loud thump brought him back to reality. Was someone trying to break in? He grabbed the covers and covered his face so that only his eyes stood out. A lot of good that would do him against a burglar, it wasn't an invisibility cloak, he just looked ridiculous. His heart tried its hardest to escape his chest.

The door knob moved as someone tried to force the door open. He wondered whether he should call Taemin, he didn't want to call the police and expose Taemin for harboring a crasher, officially the dorm didn't allow night guests, but he remembered that he didn't have any data left. He had no choice but to lie there and wait for his untimely demise.

When the door flew open, crashing into the wall with a loud ruckus, Jongin got to know what being terrified really felt like. He was seconds from peeing his pants, when he heard a low, very specific, breathy giggle sound. Taemin. Was he drunk? A sharp bang followed.

“Sssssshhhht, my friend's sleeping.” he could hear Taemin whisper. Oh man, he had brought his date back to the room with him. Jongin had a bad feeling about this. He was about to sit up and let them know he was awake, when he started hearing kissing sounds. Uhm. Awkwaaaaard. He didn't know what to do. The kissing sounds drew closer, there was a short commotion and then the springs of Taemin's bed creaked loudly. What was going on? They weren't going to... here... with him in the room?! He got his question answered quicker than he would have liked, as if they could hear his thoughts. He heard a deep moan. It was definitely not Taemin.

He drew the covers over his head, deciding the best course of action was just to pretend to be asleep.

“Ah, Minho... take me...” Taemin whispered into the nothingness. But there wasn't nothing there, Jongin was there!! Feeling extremely uncomfortable and awkward. He almost wished he had just married that stranger, it had to be better than this? Or.. maybe not. Maybe that was worse. If that creepy guy would then start making those noises in the dead of night, wanting him to join in, that would definitely be scarier. No, this was the better of two horrible choices.

Jongin wished with all his might that they would be quick, cringing at every moan and every sound of pleasure. But it just wouldn't end. Why wouldn't it end? What kind of superhuman stamina did that guy have? He stuck his fingers in his ears and tried to block them out, thinking about something else. But all he could think about was what if it happened again? Was it going to be like this every night? He couldn't live like this. He was fine ignoring this part of Taemin's life altogether. He never did like any of his boyfriends.

 

The following morning Jongin woke up dying to pee. He stumbled out of bed, stubbing his toe on his way to the bathroom. It took him a moment to get his bearings, realizing he wasn't at home, but at Taemin's. Groggy, he hobbled over to the bathroom, entering it while rubbing his eyes.

“Oh!” he yelped.

He was standing before a very handsome, very tall and very guy that he had never seen before. Well, he saw him now. In HD. Those abs were no joke. It was like they went on forever. He couldn't stop staring.

“Hey!! I'm Minho, Taemin's boyfriend.” the guy said cheerfully, patting him on the shoulder like they were old friends.

“He's NOT my boyfriend!!!” Taemin objected loudly from his bed.

Minho sighed. He looked at Jongin and raised his eyebrows, shaking his head. Jongin realized that Minho was still and backed out in a stupor, chuckling apologetically.

 

Minho kissed Taemin a sweet kiss goodbye. Jongin cringed a little, but at the same time he got a faint pang of jealousy mixed with loneliness. He wanted someone to call his own.

“Nice to meet you dude, see ya around.” he waved at Jongin as he headed out the door.

“Wait, is that the same guy you went on a date with last month?” Jongin turned to Taemin once the door was shut.

“Mhm.” Taemin nodded, not really interested in the conversation.

“And you've been dating him ever since...?” he pushed, he was curious since Taemin almost never dated anyone for more than a month at a time, if that long.

“He's really good in bed.” Taemin gave him a wink.

“Yeah... so I heard.” he said dryly, giving him a look. Taemin giggled, embarrassed.

“I was drunk.” Taemin shrugged, not too bothered about it.

“...but are you sleeping with someone else, too?” he continued his interrogation. He didn't know why, but he wanted to get to the bottom of this thing between them.

“Uuuhm.. not unless I have developed the ability to add hours to the day. You know as well as I do that we're at rehearsal almost 24/7 these days.” Taemin scrunched up his nose.

“But why won't you be his boyfriend then? He clearly wants to, and there's nothing really that would change by labeling it, for all intents and purposes you're already boyfriends, you'd just be committing to a label, nothing more.” he gave Taemin his two cents. Usually, he didn't mind how much of a butterfly Taemin was, flying around aimlessly, never really staying in one place for too long, but today it irked him a little. It made no sense that he was fighting for him to get a boyfriend, he normally couldn't stand Taemin's boyfriends, but this time he had a gut feeling. And he just wanted him to be happy, even though it would be hard for him to share Taemin's time and attention. On second thought, he didn't want them to become boyfriends at all, he wanted Taemin all to himself.

“Agh... it's just good to have the option of someone else... the feeling of freedom... You know me, I don't want to be tied down.” Taemin grinned. It was one of the reasons he was glad he wasn't gay. He could never handle being in some open relationship type thingy with Taemin. It would eat him alive. He just wanted to meet a nice girl, settle down and have a bunch of cute little babies, and maybe a dog or two. Getting married to some strange guy he barely knew, based solely on superstition, was not his idea of a happily ever after. Neither was being completely broke, crashing at Taemin's place where there was always a danger of catching the live show of just how athletic Taemin's not-boyfriend was, and going out in the real world for the first time, alone, getting one of those things people called jobs. It couldn't be that hard, could it?