Hangout

Mutual Redamancy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AS FORLORN AS HIS HEAD WAS, RENJUN WAS ABLE TO DRAG HIMSELF THROUGH ANOTHER DAY OF HIS SENIOR YEAR. He did everything he needed to do, attend every class in his school timetable, finish his math homework while eating a ham sandwich and even cleaned out his locker, so he could find his missing watch. Renjun was sure, he was on the right track for everything, sometimes he felt life was too easy to go through, just like a small hill that you just had to track up then down again. It was until he reached the end of his climb, Renjun passed the chemistry room by the tall stairs that led to his next destination, the art lab upstairs, and he needed to pick up a black A3 sheet. Not that he wanted to, but on the way, he accidently made eye contact with someone he hadn't spoken to for the past two murdering days.

Jaemin only looked back at him, then flicked his mahogany fringe, before setting his sight back on the sheet under his chin. No wave. No mouthing embarrassing nicknames at Renjun. No saying hi. And most definitely, no smile. Renjun heavily sighed, and continued to shuffle up the steps. Guess there is no point in approaching the younger lad, and most certainly Renjun wasn't going to try and text him. Last time they were at war with each other, Jaemin had blocked him on all social media, and even told his mother, if Renjun ever comes by, tell him that Jaemin was at dance class.

The other lad becomes too childish whenever they fight.

Their latest and biggest fight was probably around a few months ago. That time of the year for the ginger haired was noxious. Not only did Jaemin took out the swords and gun, but he also lit up the bomb and shot fired arrows. They didn't talk, of course, but they sent deadly messages through their classmates, which made them a bit perturbed and brought it up to their homeroom teacher. But that wasn't how they made up. It was around two weeks later, when finally Renjun ceasefire and listened to Jaemin's side. Tears were shed, which was something they always do after every battle, and hugged each other like there was no tomorrow. The brunet ended up staying at Renjun's house for the night, to make up those days where they were hostile with themselves and forgetting what friends are for.

But if there were no fights in a friendship, Renjun believed it wouldn't last forever or the not between them wasn't tight at all.

He was glad Jaemin and he would make up. And he was mostly glad Jaemin would always be there for him on the darkest days.

Groaning the hundredth time that day, Renjun plummeted his cheek on his cold palm. For sure, his head was spinning in countless circles, while his chest doused in a pool of absent and bewilderment. The Chinese lad was beyond confused, right after stepping out of the crème building of his school, Renjun walked to the nearest mall, which genuinely felt a bit emptier than usually, and sat at the smoothie bar by the entry doors.

He stared at the pink juiced drink on his table, kicking the leg of his arthritic chair and blowing his black chalk straw, satisfied to hear the bubbles form themselves then popping away for good. Renjun hated to admit, he felt sorry for himself for getting into this situation, where he has no friends, feeling disheartened and worrying about his undecided future. He was so perplexed, the teacher wanted him to be fix on what he wants to do later on for his life. Of course, there had to be art in it. But was it really his destiny? To enjoy something he really loved doing for the rest of his living life? What if he doesn't fit in with the other artistic kids in the campus, or he can't reach the expectations of the professors'. Worst, what if he regrets his choice in the end?

Today was also the third day, ever since Jaemin started that hideous love spell on him. And for the past days, he hadn't seen Chenle, highlighting the fact that he didn't made any process. He felt his life was on the end of the rope.

His mind was going to explode soon.

"Hey, Renjun! It's you again!"

The ginger haired lad titled his head to the right, and sighed with fatigue. This was the last thing he need, disruption from aggregating intruders. Sipping on his straw once again, Renjun tried to make it seem like he hadn't notice the boisterous individual and lowered his overgrown bangs and let them dance with his lashes.

Chenle, the person he was trying to avoid, shook his head, "You probably shouldn't drink that smoothie anymore," He chuckled, "Wouldn't want the bacteria from your nose to enter your mouth."

Renjun's thin lips fell agape and looked weirdly at the younger, before pushing the clear cup away and leaning back on his chair.

"What's you with you here," He judged, "Following me?"

Chenle snorted, "Why would I?" He asked back, pulling out the chair across the other and setting himself down, as well as placing his one strapped bag under his feet.

"Well, we first met at my usual bus stop at seven in the evening. Then the next day we met there again but at half past four. Now here you are....again." Condemned Renjun, crossing his arms strenuously.

Jokingly rolling his eyes Chenle looked at the elder, "It's called destiny, Renjun," He cleared, "And plus, you would've been soaking wet if I hadn't sheltered you with my umbrella."

"That would've been fine, because I would've been sick and Jaemin wouldn't have messed up my poster!" He growled, pouncing his paws on the coffee table, towering over the other. Renjun widened his eyes. What the did I just say? He shyly backed down and sat himself back on the chair.

Chenle was surprised and raised a brow.

"I'm sorry," Renjun mumbled, "I shouldn't be taking out my anger on you,"

He guffawed, "It's fine," He said, "Then maybe you should tell me why you're so moody. Before you actually turn into a grizzly bear and attack the city."

Renjun glared at him for the joke and huffed out a grey cloud, "Sure." He said, "Short story. Kinda had a stupid fight with my best friend, then we had a stupid bet and now we're not talking," He ranted, "I know, it's all so stupid."

The chocolate haired lad couldn't help but let out a brief string of giggle before sighing, "Best friends are like that. Then just hang out with you other friends. I know it doesn't fix the problem but it makes you feel a lot better."

"That's the thing," Renjun grumbled, "He's my only friend."

Chenle's eyes seem to sparkle all of a sudden, "Guess what, I'm looking for someone to hang out with." He beamed, "Want to join me."

Renjun looked up at him, "I mean, I have nothing else to do,"

"C'mon Renjun, just distract yourself for a bit," Pleaded Chenle, holding his hand out. "A day won't hurt."

The lad half smiled, "Okay fine." He conceded, placing his palm on Chenle's. Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter