A Golden Award and Two Hearts Broken

Mutual Redamancy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HE WAS BEYOND NERVOUS. Sure, even if Jaemin didn’t actually want to compete in the competition and only did it because Eunji needed a partner for her performance and his coach begged him to just join, he still felt very anxious. A few hours ago, before the afternoon, his partner and he glided on the ice and showed the whole arena what they’ve got after all the endless practise through the months.

This time, he wore an elegant half see-through baby blue top, with sleeves that rippled with air whenever he raced through the ice. Black tights wrapped his legs with identical skate shoes, matching his elder partner who was dressed gracefully, like a skating ice princess. He remembered clearly the moment when he slipped into the giant rink and shivered at the sight of hundred pairs of eyes watching him. To make it worse, Eunji and him was performing last. The very last. Duets were held after single performances and they were the final performers. And the fact that a certain pair caught him dumbfounded made him a whole lot nervous. Jeno was there, on the tall bleachers. He was staring back at Jaemin, his well-known eye smile creasing his face while throwing a thumbs up at the other. Jaemin felt his cheeks float with heat and took a long breath. He’s going to give his best. 

And he did. The sound of endless applause blustered around the arena as Jaemin gently clasped Eunji’s hand and bowed in sync together, before graciously taking her out of the rink with his arm on her waist.

Now was the time everyone had been anticipating since the very beginning. The big crowd cheered as the MC wooed them once again with his formal yet amusing entertainment. He then started of publicising the winners by announcing the under seven winners first. And yet again, the mob of witnesses couldn’t help but gave a marvellous applause. Jaemin had sat next to Eunji, with all the kids who skated at the same arena as him. One of his club mates were called for winning second place in the under thirteen single performance, and some others as well.

“First place of the under twenty-one duet; Ko Eunji and Na Jaemin!”

Jaemin swung his head to Eunji, who had her sparkly dark chocolate eyes screaming we did it.

At the lower benches— or behind the scene, where the contestants were, Jaemin had a wide grin plastered on to his face as every person that passed him congratulate and praised his performance, shaking his hand as he would bend his body to deeply bow. He then bumped again to Eunji who held up a hand in the air for Jaemin to accept her high-five while the crowd died out gradually.

The elder female sighed, “Well I guess this is it,” She said, proudly crossing her arms as she let a golden medal dangle down from her neck, “Thanks a lot for helping me do this,” She said, patting Jaemin’s shoulder, “Couldn’t have done it without you.”

“You were amazing out there,” Jaemin said, “I’ll see you at practise next week?”

Eunji giggled, “I’m afraid not,” She said.

Jaemin stared at her.

“I’m quitting figure skating,” She simply said.

The other lad with the same golden medal blinked his eyes, “You what?”

“You’ll understand once you get to University,” Eunji said, “It’s really hard to make time to do everything you need to and something you want. Impossible even.” She muttered and looked up at Jaemin, “But I’m glad I get to do my last public performance with you.” The elder said, as she gave Jaemin a friendly hug.

Jaemin smiled at her warmth, “I’m glad I did.”

Eunji let go and chortle up at the taller, “Thank you so much Jaemin,” Her eyes then glanced behind lad and her lips turned cheeky, “I guess I’ll see you around!”

With Eunji’s mistrustful look before she had taken of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter