Surrender at the Field

Mutual Redamancy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LOUD RINGS OF HORNS AND BLUSTERING SCREMS OF THE CROWD, Jaemin felt beaten to the ground by the damaging noises surrounding him. The school's marching band was literally right next to him, which almost made his ears deaf, as the trumpet player kept on blowing the instrument right into his face. He had no other choice, other than to face to the trumpet player, pretending not to notice the person sitting beside.

"And there goes another point for Anseong High!"

In the field, Jaemin enjoyed plastering his eyes on a certain player, who had the number seven proudly printed on the back of his green pickle jersey. The brunet would try and hold his scream whenever the striker of their home team tried scoring, clutching his knees and rumbling the high bench with his feet. And also there was another strong reason why he held all the excitement back. The person next to him.

It was beyond awkward. But to be fair, he wasn't going to blame himself for it. The brunet wanted to chat a bit first with Jeno before the game started, and so he came extra early, much earlier than most of the football players themselves. Jaemin did, he wish the best of luck for the coal haired lad and sat down at the benches. He picked a spot near the stair, not too far from the field, but not too close to have the ball flying at his face. Later, around ten minutes into the game, the seat were all almost taken. It looked extra packed, more than usual, and seemed impossible for any seat to be empty. The only space left was beside Jaemin. And, not to his surprise, someone sat on the spot. But of course, that he someone just had to be the person he had been avoiding for a good few days.

He could feel Renjun next to him wriggling his body rather uncomfortably. The other would also lightly chew on his popcorn, as he would try to keep his eyes on the game.

Jaemin pulled his body so close to himself, and rubbed his toes nervously with his white sneakers. A waterfall of his sweat was leaking on his back, dampening his neck and the back of his shirt. The current atmosphere was killing him.

Just as he was trying not to give Renjun any attention, he could hear the other mumbling something. Jaemin slowly turned his head and pointed at himself with confusion. Was he talking to him?

The ginger haired lad nodded, and leaned closer to Jaemin's ear, "I said, we had never been this awkward before!"

"Dude!" The brunet groaned, smacking Renjun's shoulder, "I've had enough of Naeun's trumpet, don't want to have you screaming in my ear!"

The crowd started to wildly cheer.

Renjun rolled his eyes, "We need to talk!"

Jaemin squinted his eyes, "We feed to walk? What are you saying—"

The elder grumbled and stood up to his feet, not caring about his paper bag of his popcorn falling onto the bleachers. He then gripped his hand on to Jaemin's collar and dragged him out of the crazy crowd, down the steps with his rapid footsteps marching with harsh stomps. Jaemin was clearly complaining, whining in pain as he was dragged like some ragged doll.

Renjun had brought them to in front of the school door, and finally he let go of Jaemin's collar.

The younger winced and glared at Renjun, "You could've say something—"

"I did, but you were too deaf to hear!" Hollered Renjun.

"How could I not, you're always screaming in my face!"

"You never understand me!"

"It doesn't help that you always start the fight!"

"Says the one who ruined my poster. And it's because of you we started this debate!"

The two tiredly huffed out a huge bag of bad air and crossed their arms, spinning their backs on to each other. Jaemin felt a sudden bang of disappointment. Renjun obviously brought them here so they could end this battle. But here they were, fighting over something useless again.

The brunet swung his arms down and faced Renjun, "Look, Ren, I'm sorry,"

Renjun's shoulder flinched at hearing the words and sighed, turning to look at his best friend.

Jaemin had his eyes stapled to his feet, "I know, I shouldn't have doodled on your poster. But I hope you understand that I don't want you to be away from me. This silent treatment we're giving each other is killing me! I'm sorry for being so nosy!" He babbled wretchedly.

The other male lowered his gaze, "Jae..."

"I swear, I didn't mean to hurt you! I never thought it'd b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter