When The Angel of Love Visited The Human's House

When The Angel of Love Fell in Love

Hadongkwan was an old restaurant in Seoul specialized in “Kom Tang” (a kind of Korean Hanwoo beef stock soup) for over 70 years. You could find the Korean traditional taste at that traditional Hanok style restaurant.

Kris was surely coming from a wealthy family. That scary looking man took him to that famous restaurant just for breakfast. Their breakfast this morning was definitely different from his first breakfast with Jongin a week ago (he didn’t complain his first breakfast with Jongin, though). At the famous restaurant, he ordered the same menu as Kris; the famous Kom Tang.

Do you eat breakfast at restaurants like this every day?” Kyungsoo asked. They were waiting for their orders to come.

“Not every day,” the taller man answered. “Sometimes I ate breakfast at convenience store. You know? Instant ramen.”

Kyungsoo just chuckled as a response. Minutes later, their food came. Kyungsoo’s mouth watered at the sight in front of him. Expensive foods were indeed different from cheap foods. The two men then enjoying their own food.

Fifteen minutes and they finished their delicious food.

“Thank you for the food.” Kyungsoo smiled in satisfaction. Of course he had to thank Kris because the latter was paying for their foods. Kyungsoo was so lucky, wasn’t he?

“It tasted good, right? If you want to eat here again, just call me.”

“Okay, but maybe next time I’ve to pay for my own food. Free food doesn't come every day. I know.”

They then laughed happily. Kyungsoo actually was an awkward turtle, but he felt quite comfortable with Kris. It was the same when he was with Minseok. Both Kris and Minseok were so nice and friendly, and he didn't feel awkward with them even though he didn't spend much time with them.

“I often took Jongin here in the past,” suddenly Kris stated, he mentioned the tanned male out of the blue.

It probably was the right time to ask about Jongin. “You’re close friends with Jongin?” The Angel asked.

“We were,” Kris answered. “I knew Jongin since we were in elementary school. My parent just moved to Korea at that time. Jongin’s house was right next to my house, and we became friends despite our age difference. But, we were separated for several years until we met again in college. We both were so happy back then.”

“I see,” Kyungsoo nodded. “But, are you two still friends now?”

Kris sighed sadly. “No. Something happened in the past and we’re drifting apart again. This time not physically.”

“What is that something?” Kyungsoo couldn’t help but asked.

“Sorry, Kyungsoo. I can’t tell you about it. It’s our personal matter. I know you’re Jongin’s roommate, but I don’t know whether you are really close to him or not.”

The young Angel sighed. Both Jongin and Kris didn’t want to tell him anything. But yeah, he couldn’t protest. Kris was right. He wasn’t Jongin’s best friend or anything. He was just Jongin’s roommate, no more and no less. Just roommate.


Jongin just arrived at the dormitory, feeling so tired because of the activities on the past three days. It was dinner time and he brought pizza in his hand. He planned to eat it together with Kyungsoo. He realized his mistake toward Kyungsoo and he planned to apologize. Kyungsoo knew nothing about his relationship with Kris, so he wasn’t supposed to be angry. His attitude three days ago was so childish, he admitted.

He just walked past the front gate, but his steps halted. Only 30 feet in front of him, Do Kyungsoo was walking with Kris Wu toward his direction. Both men laughing happily and didn’t notice him. He clenched his fist and walked hurriedly approaching the happy men. And finally the two men noticed him when he was right in front of them.

“Jongin? You just arrived?” Kyungsoo asked innocently.

Jongin glanced at Kyungsoo for a second but then he moved to Kris. “What do you want now?” He asked the taller man, piercing eyes directed at that man.

Kris remained calm and answered, “I just want to take Kyungsoo out for dinner.”

The tanned male smirked at that answer. “You know what I mean,” he said coldly. He then managed to grab Kyungsoo’s wrist and dragged the latter to his side. “Just leave him alone. I will not let you do as you wish this time.”

He then held Kyungsoo’s wrist tightly and dragged the smaller guy to enter the building with him. He didn’t care about Kris who was still standing and staring at his direction with sad eyes.

The way back to their room was so quiet. Jongin remained silent, and Kyungsoo didn’t speak at all. That was uncomfortable silent for sure.

The handsome man managed to open their room door and walked in the room with Kyungsoo in his grip. He then let go of Kyungsoo’s wrist, threw the pizza box on the floor, and without any warning, he pushed Kyungsoo’s body to the already closed door. He put his hands beside Kyungsoo’s head, trapping the latter mercilessly.

“Why didn’t you comply my warning?” Jongin asked fiercely.

The short man shrank again under Jongin’s gaze, but this time was caused by different reason. This time he was scared of Jongin’s deadly gaze.

“I... I don’t get it, Jongin,” Kyungsoo whispered softly. Eyes fearfully stared back at the human. “You said Kris wasn’t a good person, but he was so nice to me. If only you can tell me your reason, Jongin.”

Jongin’s gaze softened a bit as he heard Kyungsoo’s soft voice. Kyungsoo’s fearful eyes also lessen his anger. He realized that he had scared the innocent boy.

The human then retreated his hands from Kyungsoo’s head side and sighed loudly. “Sorry, Kyungsoo,” he then whispered softly.

Kyungsoo stared at the fragile man in front of him. He then encouraged himself to put a hand on Jongin’s shoulder. “It’s okay,” he assured the taller man. “Now, please tell me your real reason. I promise I will not judge you.”

Jongin stared at Kyungsoo’s eyes sadly. There were tears in those sad eyes, ready to fall if Jongin couldn’t hold back anymore.

The tall man then removed Kyungsoo’s hand from his shoulder and walked away. He then sat on his bed.

“Kris was my best friend since my first year in elementary school. We were always together until I was in middle school. At that time, he and his family moved to other city. We met again when I was a freshman in college, and once again we were inseparable. One day, I told him that I dated a girl from another department. I introduced them to each other and everything was still fine. But, a month later, I found him sleeping with my girlfriend.”

Kyungsoo gasped. He didn’t think that Kris was that kind of guy. How could he betray his best friend?

“That girl was your first and last girlfriend? You loved her so much back then?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Yes and no,” Jongin answered ambiguously and Kyungsoo stared at him in confusion. He then continued, “Yes, she was my first and my last girlfriend, but no, I didn’t love her at all.”

Kyungsoo was more confused than ever. “What do you mean?” He asked again.

Jongin finally looked up at him and smiled apologetically. “She confessed to me, and I thought it would be okay if I gave her a chance. So, I did. I tried to love her back but I couldn’t.”

Kyungsoo shook his head. Jongin acted like a playboy a year ago. Thankfully he just did it for once.

“If you didn’t love her, then why did you feel so angry toward Kris?”

“I was angry because I felt betrayed by Kris. Even if I didn’t love that girl, but still, Kris stole someone who belonged to me. If I forgive him easily, in the future he probably betray me again. I trusted him like my own brother. I didn’t expect him to betray me like that. It was so painful, Kyungsoo.”

Kyungsoo sighed and silently walked toward Jongin’s bed and sat beside him. “But it’s not good for you to keep anger and hatred inside your heart, Jongin,” he said carefully.

As an Angel of Love, Kyungsoo had natural instinct to spread love and to eradicate hatred. Jongin was a good person, and he didn’t need that anger and hatred inside his heart.

Jongin stared at Kyungsoo again. “So, you think I should forgive him?” He asked, and Kyungsoo firmly nodded. “But, what if he betray me again in the future?”

Kyungsoo sighed. He carefully held Jongin’s hand while staring at the latter’s eyes intently. “No one know about the future, Jongin. All we know is, the future is a reflection of the present. If our present is filled with hatred, then our future will be filled with people we hate and they probably hate us as well. But, if our present is filled with love, then our future will be filled with people we love and they will love us as well.”

Jongin just kept staring at him without uttering any word. That made Kyungsoo felt nervous. Did he just say something inappropriate or wrong? But then his beautiful eyes widened when he felt Jongin’s hand held his hand back so tightly.

“So, you mean, if I fill my present with love, then in my future, the people I love will stay by my side, right?” Jongin asked in a super tender tone. That tone apparently manipulated Kyungsoo’s brain so he just nodded dumbly. Jongin smiled then continued, “Then, promise me that you will stay by my side in the future too, Kyungsoo.”

And that request literally suffocated Kyungsoo. His heart stopped beating and his breath hitched. What did Jongin mean?


It was Saturday evening when Jongin brought Kyungsoo to his house. That was a sudden idea. On Saturday morning, Jongin’s mom suddenly called and asked Jongin to come home. She missed his son so much but she didn’t want to visit him at the dormitory (the last time she visited the dormitory, she couldn’t meet his precious son. That’s why).

Jongin didn’t want to leave Kyungsoo alone, so he suggested Kyungsoo to come home with him. Kyungsoo refused at first, but Jongin was pouting and whining nonstop so he didn’t have any choice. They planned to sleep over in Jongin’s house.

Jongin was still ignoring Kris at the dormitory, saying that he wasn’t ready to talk to the older man. Kyungsoo didn’t force him, though. He understood that Jongin still needed more time.

The short Angel was also relieved that he and Jongin weren’t awkward because of the latter’s strange request that night. The human acted normal the next day, so probably there was nothing special behind that strange request. And, for your information, Kyungsoo didn't promise anything that night. He just smiled and suggested that they should go to sleep.

It was almost a month Kyungsoo on the earth, but he still didn’t get any new message on his phone. He was unhappy because the mission took longer time than he expected, but strangely, at the same time he was also happy. He was enjoying his life on earth, with Jongin.

“We are here,” Jongin stated when he and Kyungsoo standing in front of a small house. That was Jongin’s house.

They boarded a bus to go there and got off at a bus station. After that, they boarded another bus and got off at a bus stop near Jongin's house. They then walked from the bus stop to the human’s house. They only walked for five minutes, though.

Jongin knocked on the wooden door, and a minute later, the door was opened by a middle-aged woman.

“My baby boy finally came home!” The woman welcomed Jongin with a warm hug.

The tiny Angel was sure the woman was Jongin’s mom.

“Mom, stop treating me as a little kid. I’m a man now,” Jongin complained, but it didn’t stop him hugging his mom back.

The scene was so sweet, it made Kyungsoo smile. And suddenly, Jongin’s mom noticed him. She let go of Jongin's big body and greeted him warmly, “You must be Do Kyungsoo. My baby boy had told me a lot about you.”

Kyungsoo could see Jongin pouting beside him but he ignored the big baby and greeted the lady, “Hello, my name is Do Kyungsoo. It’s nice to meet you.” He bowed politely.

“What a polite cute boy,” Jongin’s mom praised him. “You can call me Mom. Jongin’s friends are also my son,” she continued.

The short man was a bit taken aback. He stared at Jongin in disbelief, but the latter just nodded while smiling sweetly.

Kyungsoo turned to Jongin’s mom again and hesitantly said, “Alright, M-Mom.”

Jongin’s mom smiled happily then she invited the two men to come inside. The house was just a small house, but it was cozy and comfortable. Jongin told him that his mom just moved to this house two years ago after his dad passed away. They used to live in a bigger house, but since his mom lived alone after his dad’s death, she wanted to live in a smaller house. Big house made her felt lonely, he said.

Jongin had two older sisters, but they were married and now living with their husbands. Too bad that Jongin couldn’t stay with his mom since his university was two hours away from here.

“Dinner is almost ready. You two just get some rest and I’ll call you when dinner is ready,” Jongin’s mom suggested.

Jongin nodded and motioned Kyungsoo to go upstairs with him, but Kyungsoo didn’t budge. The human turned to him and frowned. “What’s wrong, Kyungsoo?” He asked.

“I want to help your mom preparing dinner. Is that okay?” Kyungsoo carefully asked him back.

Jongin just smiled and glanced at his mom who was still standing not so far from them. His mom smiled back and nodded at him, so he turned to Kyungsoo again. “Of course that is okay. My mom has approved your intention,” he said softly while Kyungsoo’s hair again.

Kyungsoo froze. How could Jongin being so affectionate toward him in front of his mom? But he shook away his weird thought and followed Jongin’s mom to the kitchen. Jongin also began to climb the stairs.

“The food is almost ready, I just need to make some desserts for Jongin. When he’s at home, he won’t eat any main course if there’s no dessert on the table. So childish, right?”

Jongin’s mom giggled cutely. Kyungsoo found similarity between Jongin and his mom; both of them had cute laughter.

“You can move the main course to the plate, right, Darling? I cooked spicy marinated crab, that’s Jongin’s favorite.”

The Angel nodded and took a plate from the cupboard. Jongin never told him anything about his favorite food. He always told Kyungsoo that any food is fine, so Kyungsoo never bothered to ask about that matter. Now that he knew about the human’s favorite food, he wanted to cook that dish for Jongin in the future.

“It’s not the first time Jongin bringing his friend home. His friends loved to come home with him, they said they really loved my cooking. They’re so noisy every time they’re here, but you’re different, Darling. You’re so quiet and really nice. It’s the first time Jongin be friends with someone who’s so quiet, cute, nice, and polite.”

Kyungsoo didn’t know how to respond, so he just smiled politely.

“And, Jongin’s act toward you seems different as well. He’s so tender and soft toward you. He’s so affectionate. You must be his precious friend, Darling.”

This time Kyungsoo stopped his motion and his heart beat so hard inside his ribcage. Jongin’s mom did notice his son’s act toward him. The human’s act toward him was indeed different. Even his mom noticed it.

But, Jongin’s mom was probably right. Jongin was so tender, soft, and nice toward him because he was Jongin’s precious friend. That was the only plausible reason, right?

To be continued