Epilogue

When The Angel of Love Fell in Love

The time was up, and it felt like an invisible power pulled him so hard off the earth. Kyungsoo thought he would be sent to Heaven again after he failed his mission on earth, but this place was different from any ordinary Heaven’s part. This part was so spacious, it seemed like it was an infinite place. He also could feel a huge power in this unfamiliar place. But still, strangely this place felt so much just like the Heaven. Or probably this place was just another part of Heaven that he didn’t know before.

Kyungsoo looked down at himself, and he found that he was wearing a white clothes, just like his ordinary Angel’s clothes before. But when he took a glance at his back, his heart instantly shrank because he didn’t find his wings on his back.

He looked up to the front again when he felt a blinding light coming from the front. He squinted his eyes and tried to cover his eyes with his hand. A minute later, the blinding light gradually turned into a comfortable light. It was still bright, but not so bright to hurt his eyes.

“Do Kyungsoo...”

He could hear his name being called by the mysterious light, and then realization slapped him hard. The light in front of him was The God. It was the first time Kyungsoo met The God, and he abruptly kneeled down in polite manner. “Yes, My Lord,” he responded the call.

“Do you know why did I call you to my place?”

The God didn’t have body or face, it was actually just a bright light. But, Kyungsoo was sure that The God was so powerful even without body and face. The God was the owner of the universe, the source of all power in the whole universe.

“I assume that you call me here because I failed my mission, My Lord,” Kyungsoo answered.

Then he could hear The God chuckled. What was so funny, though?

“You’re wrong, Kyungsoo. If that was the reason, then I wouldn’t call you here but I would send you the black hole instead.”

Kyungsoo frowned, but he didn’t respond.

“You’re not the first Angel of Love that failed their first mission on earth. Before you, there were few number of Angels that also failed, but I didn’t call them to this place. I sent them to the black hole right away. Do you know what is a black hole, Kyungsoo?”

“Black hole... I read about it on human’s book. Black hole is a region of spacetime exhibiting such strong gravitational effects that nothing—not even particles and electromagnetic radiation such as light—can escape from inside it, my Lord.”

The God once again chuckled. “This black hole is different from that black hole, Kyungsoo,” The God stated. “This black hole is a dimension that full of sadness, fear, and also pain. If bad human will be sent to the hell, then bad Angels will be sent to the black hole. The bad Angels will be punished with sadness, fear, and also pain in that place. Because of that punishment, those bad Angels technically disappear from Heaven.”

Kyungsoo’s body shivered. He didn’t know that there was a place for bad Angels just like the hell for bad human.

“But, I didn’t send you right away to that black hole, right? Do you know why I didn’t do that?” The God asked again.

Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows and then he shook his head. “No, My Lord,” he answered. “I don’t know you why you didn’t send me to the black hole right away,” he added.

“It’s because the reason behind your failure is different from the previous Angels who also failed their first mission on earth. They failed because they purposely neglected their missions. Instead of doing their job properly, they enjoyed their life on the earth in a bad way. They went to bars and night clubs to party, they drank alcohol, they had , and did other nasty things. They completely and purposely neglected their mission. They were too blind by human’s world.”

Kyungsoo still didn’t respond. That information was new for him. He never knew about that before. He only knew that there were Angels who failed their first mission and then they vanished from Heaven.

“But, Kyungsoo,” The God spoke again. “Do you know what makes you failed your first mission on earth?”

Kyungsoo wanted to answer with: his selfishness, but he was too afraid. In the end, he didn’t give any answer.

“You failed your mission because you fell in love, Do Kyungsoo.”

This time Kyungsoo’s eyes widened. He just realized that was the real reason behind his failure. His forbidden love was the real reason. He was selfish because of his love. The God was right.

“I... I apologize for my mistake, My Lord,” Kyungsoo sincerely apologized.

“Yeah, Angels aren’t supposed to fall in love. We all know about that,” The God responded. “But, we all also know that love is never wrong. Love is a holy feeling, it will never be a sin. So, you don’t need to apologize, Do Kyungsoo.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes once again widened. He wasn’t sure he understood The God’s words completely, but his comprehension made his eyes widened.

“Angels aren’t supposed to fall in love, but when an Angel falls in love, it isn’t a mistake. Especially if an Angel of Love falls in love, it definitely isn’t a mistake. Angel of Love’s love is the purest love in the universe, Kyungsoo. Your love is so pure, and I can’t blame you for your pure love.”

Kyungsoo blinked his eyes innocently. So, his love wasn’t wrong? His love for Jongin wasn’t a sin? The short guy finally smiled in relief.

“And, you need to know about one thing, Kyungsoo. I’m the source of all feelings in the universe. Love, hate, fear, all of them are given by me. Your love for Kim Jongin is also given by me, Kyungsoo.”

“W-What do you mean, My Lord?”

“Before I wrote Jongin’s name and Sehun’s name together in the Book of Love Destiny, I wrote your name and Jongin’s name first in the same book. You and Jongin are the ones who destined to be together forever in a pure bliss. I wrote Sehun’s name as a test, Kyungsoo.”

“A test?”

“Yes, a love test. I wanted to see your attempt. I wanted to know whether you would let Jongin go with someone else or not. I wanted to know whether you brave enough to change the destiny or not.”

Kyungsoo was speechless. So, it was just The God’s game? No, not really a game, but a test? It wasn’t a real circumstance all the time?

“And you also need to know that you’re not destined to be an Angel. You’re destined to be a human from the beginning. You became an Angel as a part of the test.”

Once again Kyungsoo couldn’t find any word to respond. And all of a sudden, a thick book appeared in front of him.

“That’s the Book of Love Destiny. You can check on the 455th page to know your real love destiny.”

The short guy complied. He moved to take the said book from the ground, and then he opened the 455th page just like The God’s direction. And The God’s was right.

Do Kyungsoo and Kim Jongin

Those five words proudly written on the paper. He glanced at the other writing on the same page, and he found ‘Oh Sehun and Lu Han’ proudly written as well. He frowned, it felt like he ever heard Lu Han’s name before.

The thick book suddenly disappeared from his hand. He then looked up again at the light in front of him.

“So, I’ll return you to your real destiny, Kyungsoo. You’re a human Do Kyungsoo with parents, education background, a house, a job, and other things that you need as a human. But, I need few months before I can send you back to the earth. I didn’t erase the human’s memories about you, so I need to settle some things before you can go back to the earth. Are you willing to wait, Do Kyungsoo?”

Kyungsoo nodded firmly. He was willing to wait for thousand years to meet Kim Jongin. It was weird, but Kyungsoo tought the light was smiling at him. The God was smiling at him.

“I bless you and your soulmate with pure happiness on the earth. When an Angel of Love falls in love, it will never be a sin, My Son.”


“So, that’s why you came back to this earth?” Kim Jongin asked innocently from another room.

The tiny human in the kitchen just rolled his eyes and answered, “It’s not the first time you ask me about ‘how could I return to the earth after God called me back to Heaven?’ and it’s also not the first time I answer that question. Aren’t you bored already, Jongin?”

But, Jongin just giggled cutely. “I will never bored if it comes to you, Kyungsoo,” he responded.

“Cheesy,” Kyungsoo retorted. “It’s been five years since the day I returned to you, but you frequently asked that question, at least twice a month. I don’t know what’s on your mind, seriously.”

The young chef then bring two plates of kimchi spaghetti to the table in their dining room. Yeah, their dining room. Jongin and Kyungsoo had lived together in Kyungsoo’s apartment for five years. Kyungsoo now was a senior chef at Gongxi Noodles Bar, and Jongin worked in a company after he graduated from college three years ago.

The former Angel was smiling widely as he reached the table. “This one is kimchi spaghetti with extra spicy sauce for Dad Jongin,” he said as he placed a plate in front of the man whom he loved so badly. “And this one is kimchi spaghetti with extra cheese for Princess Naeun,” he added as he placed another plate in front of a little girl who sat right beside Jongin.

“Thank you, Angel!” Jongin and the little girl said simultaneously.

Kim Naeun is their precious daughter. She was four years old now and they adopted her two years ago when she was two. She was adopted right after the two men got married. Yes, Jongin and Kyungsoo had been married for two years now. Thankfully there wasn’t any single problem related to their marriage. Jongin’s and Kyungsoo’s family accepted their orientation without any drama.

Naeun was so pretty just like Kyungsoo. She had pale skin with long black hair. The little girl was also very nice just like Jongin. She was very nice to her friends and her teachers at her preschool. She completed the little family. Both of her fathers loved her so much, and she loved them as much as they do. And yeah, she loved her fathers so much until she imitated her fathers’ behavior. Calling Kyungsoo an Angel was Jongin’s habit, and Naeun copied that habit as well.

“Naeun Darling, please stop calling me Angel, okay? Just call me Daddy as I asked you two years ago.”

The little girl pouted and turned to his dad. He asked for help without uttering any word, but Jongin easily understood her pleading. The tall man ruffled his daughter’s hair lovingly (Naeun didn’t like it when other people touched her hair, but of course it was an exception for her two beloved fathers), and faced his husband.

“Don’t be too hard on Naeun, Babe. She was just so smart to see that you’re a real Angel.”

“Don’t call me babe. You know I hate that pet name more than Angel, don’t you?”

Naeun just quietly observed her parents. It wasn’t new for her. Her parents bickering almost every day, but that was a cute scene for her. She knew that her parents weren’t really angry toward each other. She knew that they loved each other. She was still a kid, but she was quite mature for a kid in her age.

“Dad...” Suddenly the little girl interrupted his parents’ unimportant argument. The adults turned to their lovely daughter. “Is Daddy really an Angel? Where’s Daddy wings, though?”

Jongin as the dad blinked confusedly and glanced at Kyungsoo. The latter also stared at him with same confused expression.

“It’s your fault, Jongin,” the short male whispered irritably and then he moved to his daughter’s side. He gently his daughter’s long hair. “Let’s just eat our breakfast, okay? You don’t want to be late at school, do you?”

Kyungsoo tried to convince his little girl, but the said girl still pouting and whining. Jongin had no choice other than kissing his daughter’s temple and successfully grabbed the little girl’s attention.

“Do you think Angels always come with wings, Darling?” The taller man asked his daughter softly, and his daughter nodded. “You’re wrong, Darling. Your daddy is an Angel not for his appearance, but for his heart. He’s so kind, so caring, and also so lovely. That’s why I call him Angel. He’s my Angel, Darling. With or without wings.”

Kyungsoo’s heart beat so loudly inside his chest. Jongin spoke sincerely and his eyes were fix on him. It wasn’t the first time the tanned male spoke so softly and so lovely like that, but the sensation was still the same. It felt like thousand beautiful flowers bloomed in his chest every time his husband did something so sweet like that.

Naeun was smiling so brightly after hearing her dad’s explanation. Apparently the little girl was satisfied by that explanation. Kyungsoo always knew that Jongin was so good with kids. That’s why Naeun was closer to Jongin than Kyungsoo.

“Dad loves Daddy so much, huh? Then, what about Daddy? Do you love Dad so much, Daddy?”

This time the two adults stared at each other lovingly. They smiled at each other, and actually their heart eyes was more than enough as an answer. They didn’t need to shout to the world that they loved each other, because their loving eyes had answered all doubts. They definitely loved each other. So much.

“I do. I love your Dad so much,” Kyungsoo answered softly, his eyes still staring at his husband’s eyes intently.

Jongin was so happy hearing that answer. His husband wasn’t the type who would say the ‘love’ word easily, but every time he did, it made him super happy.

“What about me? Do Dad and Daddy love me as well?”

The two men then turned to their daughter. They both laughed softly and at the same time they hugged their daughter so lovingly.

“Of course we love you, Darling. Thanks for opening your pure heart for us,” Kyungsoo answered, and Jongin nodded as agreement.

The tanned male stole a kiss on his daughter cheek and then naughtily he stole a kiss on his husband lips.

That action made Kyungsoo’s eyes widened. “Don’t do that in front of Naeun!” He scolded his husband.

But to his dismay, Jongin just chuckled happily, completely ignored his anger.

And Naeun once again copied his dad’s action. She chuckled cutely and said, “Don’t be shy, Daddy. Kiss on the lips isn’t a bad thing, is it? I told my teacher that every day Dad kissed Daddy on the lips, and she wasn’t angry. Her cheeks turned red and she looked confused, but she wasn’t angry and just smiled in the end. So, kiss on the lips definitely isn’t a bad thing, right?”

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened once again. He turned to Jongin, but the latter hastily devoured his spaghetti and then stood up. “Uh, I’m late. You take Naeun to her school today, okay? I’ll pick her up later in the afternoon. Bye, Darlings!” And the tall man abruptly left the apartment. He was about to close the front door when he heard Kyungsoo’s loud scream.

“KIM JONGIN! NO KISSING FOR A MONTH AS YOUR PUNISHMENT!”

But Jongin just smiled. He knew Kyungsoo wouldn’t survive without his kisses. That was just empty threat.

With a content heart, Jongin left the apartment as he whispered to himself, “Thank you for your blessings, God. Now I have two Angels with me. Thank you.”

COMPLETED