Chapter Thirty-Four

Journey Into The Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We reached over 1600 subs to this fic, so thank you so so so much everyone, from the bottom of my heart I appreciate all of you <3 I never thought this story would grow so much!!!

 

HyeJin wasn’t sure why she and WheeIn were picked to go back to Blue’s place. HoJin woke again last night and thankfully was more compliant with them during the questioning, TaeOh didn’t have to be as rough with him this time around. They stayed around long enough to get the basic information to take to Blue with them. TaeOh had to go back to the castle so no one noticed his absence for his shift. Byul stayed behind because she was the most equipped to continue the questioning. WheeIn told Luna to stay behind because she didn’t want to deal with the angry girl. 

The problem with Luna is that no one could blame her for being as angry as she was over her sister being missing and within reach. But the anger was doing nothing but annoying everyone and getting no answers from HoJin. So WheeIn decided Byul could use the extra violence and left this mission to them. HyeJin just hoped that Blue liked Byul and TaeOh enough to rally some allies against Henry. Or maybe that he just hated Henry enough to help them. HyeJin just wanted everything over with so she could take WheeIn and go home, she missed her bed, she missed her house, she missed everyone not being on edge every second of every day. However, being on this mission made her feel like they were doing something important. 

WheeIn knocked on Blue’s door. They waited a few minutes, HyeJin could tell WheeIn was debating on knocking again but Blue finally answered the door. He peered out the crack he made in his door at them. “Yul’s friends.” He said more to himself. “What can I help you with?” 

WheeIn held up the sealed letter written by TaeOh and handed it to him. “We will wait out here until you finish if you want,” WheeIn suggested.

Blue eyed them a moment longer. “Come on it.” He opened the door for them and ushered them inside. So far so good.

 

Blue read the letter over four times before he spoke to them again. HyeJin and WheeIn sat in his living room, watching him pace as he read it. When he finished he walked over to his fireplace and burned it… very smart man, or perhaps just paranoid after all of these years. He rubbed his hand over his mouth. “So Henry is holding people in a camp in Alexarion.” 

WheeIn and HyeJin nodded. “Do you know anything about it?” WheeIn asked, eyeing him, the question crossed HyeJin’s mind as well but she doubted Byul and TaeOh would work with him if he did. 

As she predicted, Blue shook his head. “I was an assassin for Henry.” He confessed. “I only killed the worst of the worst, tyrants who deserved it, it was my one and only condition.” He sat down somewhat defeated. “Though I am not surprised at all that he has this camp, he probably has more than one.” 

“Do you have any idea why he would be taking people?” HyeJin wasn’t sure if asking these types of questions was rude to him, but he was the only one with experience doing the dark deeds of the king. 

This time Blue shrugged. “There could be many reasons.” His voice was tired, like the lines on his face. “Henry only tells people what they need to know to do their job, usually less. He could be holding them for information, for leverage, but considering no demands have been made and as far as you know there has been no attack on your home, then I doubt those are the reasons.” 

“Do you know anyone who would know?” WheeIn prompted. “Or at least anyone who could help us liberate the camp?” Like WheeIn, HyeJin’s main priority would be to the children from their home, but that did not mean they would not try and free everyone there.

Blue got up again, this time going to his bookcase as if it was going to give him the answers they needed. “Numbers I can give you, there is no doubt in my mind I can raise enough people to help liberate the camp, as for the second question, we may have to wait and ask the prisoners why they are being held there.” 

HyeJin and WheeIn stood. “Well then let’s start rallying the troops,” WheeIn said as she clapped her hands together. 

A sly smile spread over Blue’s face. “I know just where to start.” 

The most dangerous person to take memories from was right in front of YongSun. King Henry was no more than ten feet from YongSun as the royal family sat down for dinner. It was too far of a space for her to reach out and touch him, and too risky to approach him for no reason. YongSun had been spending the better part of dinner trying hard to think of a way to get to him. Her mother thankfully made an excuse to be away from dinner that evening, so it was just Joy, Henry, Eric, and YongSun eating dinner. 

YongSun stirred her green soup, not interested in eating until she could figure out a way to help her friends, her determination and anger only grew when she learned who killed Byul’s mother. The room turned silent. YongSun looked up to see everyone looking at her. She set her spoon down. “Pardon?” She asked, apparently missing some form of a question. 

Joy smiled at her. “I asked if you had been for your gown fitting yet.” 

YongSun forced her cheeks to turn red. “Not yet.” She stirred her soup a bit more. “I think the tailor is scheduled for the morning.” The queen smiled at that. “Although.” YongSun interrupted, all eyes going to her. “I heard that Alexarion Festival is coming up, I was thinking it would be a beautiful place to honeymoon after the wedding, their festival is legendary.” YongSun looked over excitedly at Eric as if she was eagerly awaiting his input on the subject, though she was trying to show him she was keeping her end of the bargain. She had not made any progress with Jin these days, though she had been otherwise preoccupied.

Eric shrugged. “Whatever my fiance wants.” He did a very good job looking indifferent to the subject. “As long as I am back to help with the upcoming battle.” He said looking at his father.

Upcoming battle? Something to do with the ongoing war with the North Kingdom? Queen Joy waved her hand. “You’ve been too invested in that these days, you need a break, and I think a trip to Alexarion would be perfect.” She clapped her hands together. “I will send a letter right after dinner.” 

But Eric’s eyes were still on his father as if waiting for approval. “A week should not impact the war.” He said rather oddly, YongSun wished she could read him. “A prince’s place is in his kingdom, along with its king. This battle could turn the tables.” 

 Eric nodded. “With Thaiston’s forces.”

Something passed behind Henry's already dark eyes. “Precisely.” 

Queen Joy rolled her eyes. “He needs a break Henry, a week to rest after his wedding and to get started on those heirs.” 

That made YongSun’s skin crawl and her stomach turn but she smiled at Joy as if it was the happiest thing she could ever hope for. She did catch a thankful look from Eric as they cleared the plates for the next course. More food that YongSun did not touch. 

 

It was her opportunity. They retired to the library after dinner for tea. YongSun wondered how any royal in this kingdom stayed thin with all the food they crammed in their mouths. YongSun’s dinner sat mostly untouched and she doubted she was going to touch any of the tea. Especially when she realized that she had to walk past the king to get to her seat. It didn’t have to be her hand, she had been working on that aspect over the last few weeks here, trying to read people with any touch of flesh, but it was always easier to do when it was her hands. 

YongSun pooled her powers. Growing them with each step. She would only get one shot at this and she could not mess up. Eric let her go first naturally. She kept tracking Henry, trying to find the best way to make contact without it being so obvious. She realized her elbow would probably be best, she crossed her arms over herself as if she was cold, making sure the tip of her elbow was in the path of Henry’s neck, one of the only places with exposed flesh. She took in a large breath, this was her window, one last step. She took it while leaning in ever so slightly, brushing her elbow so lightly along his neck. The reaction was almost instant. 

 

Pain shot through YongSun’s head gre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter