Q&A With The Author

Journey Into The Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I want to thank everyone who took the time to ask me something! I had a lot of fun answering them. I do tend to rant and my thoughts get jumbled so I hope I don't rant too much while answering and confuse people... or miss the point of the question... anyways.

 

-From Byulster

1. Can you brief us through your writing process? Like how do you come up w the story? Do you have a fix plot for the story, or do you just have a general idea what you would want to happen in the chapters?

 

The beginning of this story was very, very unplanned as I am sure is evident from the first few chapter, which I will eventually have to go back and rewrite. A lot of my stories start with an idea or ’scene’ of some sort, some start from dreams. This one (for those who are unaware) started from a random line in another fic I wrote and I went from that. 

After about the sixth chapter I sat down and came up with the Solarous/ Lunarous plot of the story, mainly just the part about YongSun having powers. But everything is usually very rough. Most of the time I just make things up as I go, that is why there is a lot of plot hole or inconsistencies with the beginning and where we are now, again that I will have to rewrite. 

I typically have an idea of how I want each chapter to go, specific scenes I want to include, some that end up being left out for no real reason but that  my fingers didn’t type it. I make a lot of joke in the comments about saying I can’t wait to see what will happen, along with the readers reading it, because a lot of the time this story kind of writes itself as I type, things change with every letter my finger lands on. So, I may have a plan on what will happen for the rest of this story, and as of now I just outlined the remainder of the plot for the next two books (if I can do it), again very rough but it is what I see happening. Some of it will stay, some might not, and I am sure a lot of things will happen in between that I could never have planned out. 

As for actual process of wiring each chapter, I usually prorcatonate for a few days and write it all the day of or the day before it is posted (usually the day before now so my editor can proof read it for me). I like to turn on music, usually a Mamamoo Album or currently Lady Gaga. I find music inspires my fingertips to move. 

 

1.2 how long does it usually take you to come up w a story, plan it out, and decided that you will write the story for us to read?

 

It honestly depends on moments for me. I woke up this morning with no drive (it is currently Tuesday) I put on music to bake, and all of a sudden I felt the need to write, and tried for a bit but I had to clean up. A lot of my “break throughs” come randomly, or are sparked from a book or TV show or something I experience. For example I was folding laundry, my mind started to wander and one sentence popped into my head ( I can’t tell you what) and I have just spent the last half hour or so writing a rough outline for the remaining stories. 

The outline for the rest of this story I came up with in about fifteen minutes while setting up the cat litter isle at work a few weeks ago. When I am bored my mind wanders and a lot of the time it comes up with a story. So for me a story can be “made” in seconds, it takes longer to form, and even longer to write, as I have been writing this for over a year now, though if I did it weekly like I was meant to it would only be twenty-eight weeks to get to where I am now, which is only seven months. And as of now I know where the story is going but have no idea where how many chapters that will take to end. 

As for weekly how long each chapter takes… If I wrote a little bit a day, probably like two hours over three days. But my amazingly bad method of doing it all in one day… between four and six hours ish for a chapter. 

For what I decide to write, I’ve already kind of answered this above, but usually I try to play it out in my head first, at night before bed, while I am at work, or just waiting for something

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter