Chapter Two

Journey Into The Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I spent a good chunk of the day trying to figure out a plot. I decided to do the second chapter today because I will be busy starting tomorrow. So to anyone reading this hang in there because I don't know how often I will upload and this story is going to be a long one. 

 

 

YongSun wanted nothing more than to be done with breakfast already. She was sitting in their insanely large dinning hall, conveniently positioned right in front prince Eric. She was hoping the ripping her dress earlier on purpose would postpone the meeting but she was wrong. She sent to poor help into a panic, she felt bad about that, but when her mother stepped in, everything was fixed in no time, and here she sat.

YongSun hated Eric, even before she met him. He was impossibly handsome and he knew it, he held himself at a higher level, eyes always looking down at their servants. YongSun wasn’t one to talk, it wasn’t like she was not born into a title like he was, but that didn’t mean she had to act above them. YongSun pleaded with her father not to make this union, cried to him, but it didn’t work. Eric’s father had the soldiers they would need in the pending war, and YongSun’s father had the ships because their kingdom was on the sea. She may not want to marry Eric but she would for the good of her kingdom.

YongSun thanked the servant who placed the fruit bowl in front of her, none of the new royals had. YongSun did feel a bit uneasy with the new guards in the room. Her father had his men wandering the castle at all time, but none were ever stuck to their side, not if they were inside. King Henry had five of his men standing in the room with them. Two on their side of the table, two on YongSun’s side of the table, and one standing on the opposite end from where her father was sitting, behind his King. The one standing behind his king was handsome, he had short black hair, muscles prominently showing from where his shirt cut off, she didn’t doubt he could snap Eric in half. YongSun tried not to smile at that fact. Even the smallest warrior the king brought looked like he could take Eric. He was positioned behind Eric, probably about the same height as YongSun, sandy blonde hair hung in his face, dark brown eyes were on YongSun. As soon as he noticed she was looking at him he broke eye contact, looking down at his shoes, YongSun was sure his cheeks flushed. YongSun tried not to smile, he kind of looked like a hamster.

A foot kicked YongSun under the table, her head shot up to the present conversation going on at the table that she tuned out. “Pardon?” She asked feeling her own face flushing.

Her father cleared his throat. “Queen Joy asked what your favourite flowers were.”

YongSun felt the words why does it matter? Come to her lips but she swallowed them, that was not how a princess reacted. “Lilies.” She responded with a smile. YongSun hated flowers, she had been wearing all kind of them since she was a child, the smell gave her a headache.

“Lilies are lovely, we should add them into the wedding.” Queen Joy said like this was the best day of her life.

YongSun felt the urge to roll her eyes becoming increasingly hard to ignore. “That sounds lovely, I am sure you and my mother will have a great time planning it.” She didn’t miss the side eye she got from her mother.

“Do you not want to partake in your own wedding?” Eric asked in such a way YongSun could feel her grip tighten on her fork.

YongSun took a breath. “Of course.” She said as calmly as she could. “But I feel our mothers would have so much more education on the subject, I hear queen Joy is known for her wonderful parties, it would be an honour for her to plan our wedding.” All lies, she didn’t care if it was the most beautiful wedding in the world, she did not want to go through with it.

Queen Joy beamed at the compliment. “I am sure your mother and I could come up with the best wedding on this side of the country.”

“We’ll look forward to it.” Her father added with a look at YongSun, he knew what she was doing, YongSun was always a daddy’s girl. “My Solar will be the image of an angel on her wedding day.” YongSun hated that name. At first it was just a nickname her father gave her when she was born but soon the entire kingdom was calling her princess Solar, forgetting the girl YongSun along with it. But she smiled over at her father anyway, the only person she liked calling her that.

“When will the wedding comence?” Eric said as he snapped his fingers for the servant to take his plate away.

This YongSun had been wondering since she was told Eric and his family were coming. She knew the wedding was going to be on their land, a final goodbye for YongSun before she is loaded up in that carriage they showed up in and brought back to their kingdom, where she will spend the rest of her days. “I figure a week should give us enough time to plan and the week after we can have the wedding.” Her mother said as if she had it all figured out, as if she couldn’t wait to get rid of her only daughter.

YongSun cleared . “Two weeks?” She tried not to sound scared, that was too soon.

Queen Joy clapped her hands together. “That will be great! A spring wedding.” She turned to Eric. “That will give you two plenty of time to get to know each other.”

Eric smiled back at her. “Sounds wonderful mother.” He didn’t seem scared, or even phased that he was meant to marry a complete stranger in two weeks.

YongSun suddenly lost interest in her breakfast, sour taste in . “How does that sound princess?” Queen Joy asked her expectantly.

YongSun forced a smile on her face. “Like a dream.”

Byul was glad to be out of the dining room. The entire time she felt like she could cut the tension with a knife. She got the impression the princess was not as into the wedding as everyone else. Byul didn’t blame her, she had not idea what she would do if she were to be forced to marry a man she barely knew. Then again, she dressed like a man so the chances of that happening were slim, especially if you take into account she had no parents to give her away. That and another reason…

TaeOh smacked her on the back on the head, pulling her back to the present. They were walking toward the warrior’s quarters, they were off duty for the rest of the day so they decided to go get some practice in. “Are you still daydreaming about the princess?” He asked as he bumped her in the shoulder.

Byul could feel her face heating, remembering the moment of eye contact she made with the princess. “Why would I be thinking about her?” She said trying not to make eye contact with him.

TaeOh chuckled. “Like I didn’t see the way you were watching her.” He tapped the side of his head. “You forget dear sister, I don’t miss anything?”

Byul punched him and gave a look around. “What did I say about calling me that?” She knew he wouldn’t say it when someone was around, but she was not taking chances.

TaeOh threw his arm around the neck. “Sorry brother.” He emphasised the word. “Let’s get some training in.” He said dragging her toward the group of men already forming in the middle of the field.

The training ground was not unlike their own. Brick buildings surrounded them, large open field in the middle. There was an entire display of weapons. Byul could tell by the blue coloured uniforms that the warriors standing around were not the ones from her kingdom. They didn’t look as disciplined as she knew TaeOh kept his men. They waited until they got a bit closer before they stopped their horsing around, turning to look at TaeOh, Byul, and the men she knew started coming out of the warrior quarters when they saw them approaching. The man in the centre gave Byul a look that made her want to punch him in the face. His hair was so short she couldn’t even tell what colour it was, a large scar ran down the side of his face, Byul would put his age a few years older than TaeOh and about half the size.

He leaned on the end of his sword, trying to look as casual as possible. “I was wondering when you and your men were going to show your faces.” He sneered at them.

TaeOh being TaeOh took the high road and bowed a bit. “I am Oh TaeOh of Kedoeron.” He gestured to the men now standing behind him. “These are my men.” Byul stepped back a bit, so she was clearly behind TaeOh.

The man stood and swung his sword so it was resting on his shoulder. “Jung SungWoo.” He said not extending his hand. “These are my men.” They weren’t outnumbered, Byul remembered that Thaiston didn’t have a large army, not like Kedeoron,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter