Chapter Seventeen

Journey Into The Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A day late... I'm sorry!! *cries* But at least now I can say it is a Valentines Day gift for you guys :D

Love, I was feeling love. YongSun tried to shake it from her head but it was too late, it was already burned in there, just like hearing Byul and TaeOh’s fight over her. YongSun was sitting in the mess hall, she had left HyeJin’s not long ago, the girl deeming her training complete for the day. YongSun pleaded with her to not say anything to anyone about what she had said, it was bad enough she had to admit it out loud, she wasn’t ready for anyone to know until she understood what that meant to her. 

Love, that was a broad word. She loved her parents, she loved both TaeOh and Byul, any of that love could have made her powers work, so why was it just when she thought of Byul’s kindness did her powers flair up. Byul, her first friend, at the time she was Yul. The kind warrior from the unknown kingdom she was about to be married into, the first kind face she had come across in a while. The one who took care of her after a nightmare, the one who was by her side when her father died. Byul fought for TaeOh to help take her to Velcorn, to safety. The one person she had come across who had shown her nothing but kindness since the moment they met, that is what made her different from the others, but did that make her love for Byul different than the others as well? 

She knew she loved Byul, part of it was like family, the same family love she felt for TaeOh. That part was clear now, it had become clear the moment he had kissed her, there was no love beyond what she would feel for a brother. But did this mean that she loved Byul like a sister? A protector? Maybe something a bit more? She thought back to that morning in the baths, the way she could not take her eyes off of Byul, or back in the woods the day Byul revealed herself to YongSun, how YongSun’s eyes traced every inch of her. That was the day she was so sure she was going to forget about any odd feelings she had for Yul, because he was now a she, but that only made it that much harder to shake the feelings from her heart. 

So now the question was, did she love Byul as more than friend, could she see her as a partner? It was not like she was oblivious to Byul’s feelings or preferences, she had seen her memories after all, which honestly still felt like a large invasion of privacy, as if it was something she should have never seen. Maybe the vision was a blessing, it was the right memories for YongSun to discover something about her friends, and perhaps herself. 

She knew it was okay to love a woman, she had seen it in the Knight, HyeJin and WheeIn made it work, they opened her eyes to a new type of okay. But YongSun was a princess, and now a Solarous, so what did that mean for her? As a princess, there was no way so could take a woman as her partner, that was just not the way it worked. And if she gave up that title and stayed as only the Solarous, she still had no idea what that meant. From the vision she saw with the young girl, she knew it possible for the Uju to have partners, even those of the same , but it was pointed out that it was usually when the Uju were together, was she destined to love the Lunarous? If they ever freed the essence from the other world, that was her mission after all, what she should be working toward, not sitting by herself in the mess hall trying to sort through her thoughts and feelings. 

With a large sigh she ran her hands through her hair, she was so confused. She knew she didn’t have to figure this all out right now but she rather this not cloud her mind as she tried to figure out her powers and her so called destiny as the Solarous. She wanted answers, she wanted someone to tell her what to do. HyeJin only told her to take her time and think it through, well she was trying and it was not helping one bit. 

“Is this seat taken?” YongSun’s head snapped up, TaeOh stood in front of her, hand on the chair across from her, clearly not occupied but it was him asking if it was okay to sit with her. She motioned with her hand for him to sit down. “You look like you are deep in thought.” 

YongSun tried to smile. “Just a lot going on in my head today.” 

TaeOh took the seat. “Yeah I was warned to leave you alone for the day, but I managed to lose my shadow and to my surprise, here you were, so I decided to take the opportunity.”

YongSun tilted her head to one side. “Your shadow?” 

He shook his head. “It seems WheeIn has her little minions keeping tabs on us all, Luna has not left me alone all morning, that was until I slipped into the bathroom and out the back.” This earned a smile from YongSun, she suppressed the urge to drop it, not wanting to give him the wrong idea. “Listen YongSun.” He said as he took a shaky breath. “I wanted to apologize for the other day, I should not have kissed you.” 

A chill ran down YongSun’s back,TaeOh and Byul’s conversation flashing in her mind. “Then why did you?” 

His lips formed a tight line, like he was debating how much to share with her. “My idiotic mind thinks it is a good idea to give in to my feelings sometimes without thininking. This isn’t an excuse, I knew everything you were going through and yet I still did it.” And you hurt Byul, YongSun added in her own mind. “I am not saying I didn’t mean it, because I did, I just should have waited longer, for a better time…”

This was YongSun’s time to confess. “I love you like a brother TaeOh, like a friend.” She wouldn’t meet his eyes. “I am sorry, I thought it could have been more but after you kissed me… I knew.” She could feel tears starting to burn her eyes.

“Hey,” TaeOh called her attention, when she looked at him, he was smiling. “It is okay, I don’t expect every woman to swoon over me. This changes nothing.” He reached a hand over and placed it on her hand lightly. “I will always be here for you YongSun, no matter what.” He gave it a slight squeeze. “I just wanted to make sure you knew that I know what I did was wrong, and I wanted to apologize for forcing you into that situation.” 

She squeezed back. “Thank you TaeOh, it means a lot.” 

“Are you done your little chit chat?” YongSun released TaeOh’s hand quickly as the redhead Luna appeared from behind him. 

TaeOh rolled his eyes and didn’t glance her way. “You couldn’t have just taken the hint could you.” 

Luna took the seat next to TaeOh, chair scraping as she did so. “Oh come on hot shot, did you really think you deceived me? Out the bathroom window? I played that trick so many times, it didn’t help how on edge you were acting before announcing you had to go.” It was her time to roll her eyes. “So I let you play your game, I walked the entire perimeter ‘looking’ for you, so you had time for your little talk.” Her green eyes flashed over YongSun. “Sorry for the intrusion princess.” 

YongSun stiffened at the word, she said it the same way TaeOh used to when he was being sarcastic with her. YongSun greeted her words with a smile. “No problem, we were just finishing our conversation.” 

Luna shrugged like she didn’t care, but YongSun saw something behind her eyes. “As long as no one tells WheeIn or HyeJin about this.”

TaeOh cast a look in her direction. “Oh is the tough Luna scared of getting in trouble?” 

She flashed her teeth. “Scared? I don’t think it is I who should be scared of disobeying WheeIn and HyeJin.” 

YongSun felt awkward in the middle of their banter, but at least it was getting her mind off of her own problems and with Luna’s appearance, she knew that she would not accidently confess to TaeOh what she found out about herself. “I don’t think I need to be afraid of them.” TaeOh countered. 

Luna leaned in. “A smart person would be.” There was a flash behind his eyes that hinted to some sort of tension, but a playful one.

YongSun slid her c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter