Chapter One

Seven Men and a Baby

Chapter One

 

Jin woke up the sound of his alarm. He had set it for earlier than normal, just so he could get up and make sure they all had a good breakfast. They were learning their parts from the new song that they were going to be releasing in three months. The choreography for Fake Love was hard, but not as hard as some of the others that they had done in the past. But it still needed hours and hours of practice to get it to go smoothly. He climbed out of bed and grabbed some clothes so he could shower before the others woke up. He glanced at Yoongi, still sleeping and wished he was as well. The sun was barely past the horizon.

 

“Four months until comeback for this one,” he muttered to himself as he went through the song in his head, singing a little as he started up the shower. Undressing, he got in, washing himself he relaxed for a few minutes under the hot water, his muscles were tired and his body still hurt from the almost ten hours of dance practice they had done the day before. Getting out he could hear someone moving around outside. It would either be Hoseok or Jimin, they had both said that they would try and get up early to help him with breakfast.

 

Towelling his hair as he left the bathroom fully clothed he smiled at Hoseok as he waved to him heading into the bathroom, “I’ll shower and then help Hyung,” Hoseok told him a groggy half-awake smile on his face.

 

“Don’t rush yourself Hobi,” Jin smiled back.

 

Hoseok gave a nod, but Jin knew that he would just ignore it and carry on as normal and trying and get to the kitchen before Jin could do much. Jin walked into the kitchen, towel around his shoulders, and hair still a little damp as he began to gather what he needed to cook them all a good breakfast. He started up a pot of coffee knowing the smell would be able to get the others to the kitchen more than the smell of food most of the time. He grinned to himself as he began to slice a few vegetables.

 

“What do you want me to do Hyung?” Hoseok said, a little out of breath.

 

Jin turned and shook his head as he saw the dripping hair, “Go and dry your hair, do you want to catch a cold?” he asked him, rolling his eyes and ignoring the dancer's question.

 

“Sorry hyung,” Hoseok said as he went to grab a towel to dry his hair.

 

Jin smiled to himself again as he could hear movement coming from above him, the others were all starting to wake up as well. He carried on what he was doing. Hoseok soon joining him as the elder directed what he needed him to do.

 

“So, what do you think of the dancing for this one?” Hoseok asked him.

 

“Not as hard as Fire or Dope, but still challenging enough for me,” Jin admitted, throughout yesterday he had been getting a few steps wrong. Though Yoongi and Namjoon were the same at the moment, each of them were doing a little more practice than the others to make sure they got the routine down.

 

“Hmm,” Hoseok hummed as he looked to his friend, “So, how is everything with your cousin?” he then asked, bringing up something that Jin had found out a few days before.

 

“I don’t know. My parents haven’t told me anything more. They did say that she was having a hard time trying to look after Eun-Jeong at the moment, but that's to be expected. She just lost her husband,” he sighed softly. He didn’t know his cousin that well, only what he had been able to learn from meeting her during the few family gatherings that he had been able to attend over the years. He had only met her husband once and had never seen their daughter at all.

 

“Hopefully she’ll be okay, “ Hoseok told him.

 

“So do I, but my family is there to help her, so fingers crossed,” he nodded, the funeral would be soon as well. He would have to make sure to get the time off. He just hoped that the journalists would leave him alone, along with the fans. He hated it when he was being followed around when he was seeing his family. It was one of the reasons why most of the time he would leave off going to see them, not wishing to bring anything to their doorstep.

 

“Morning Hyung,” Jimin said as he walked in, yawning a little he went and sat down at the table. He was still a little tired. He had been woken up when Hoseok had left their room, but instead of getting up, he had rolled over and dozed a little more before he realised that he had missed out on helping Jin-hyung with breakfast.

 

It didn’t take long for the others to start slowly drifting in. The coffee pot was soon empty and a second one was set up. Jin and Hoseok served the food and started to pile up their plates as they began to eat.

 

“So,” Namjoon said as he looked to the others, “We have dance practice and then vocal to go over the song a few times. We are also going to start going over what will be needed for the music video,” he told them all. He had been given the schedule for them the day before. As he was leaving the studio.

 

“When are we going to be filming, hyung,” Jungkook asked him, glancing up from his food for a moment before going back to eating.

 

“We have around two months. Though if we do well enough in practice they may move the filming up a little, so we could have a break before the comeback stage. We also have to practice that as well,” Namjoon answered him a small smile on his face.

 

“Hard work again,” Yoongi said, clutching the third mug of coffee that he was drinking.

 

“Eat something Yoongi-yah,” Jin told him, giving him a look, chopsticks halfway to his mouth as he noted the rapper hadn't started to eat.

 

“Yeah yeah,” he muttered, picking up his chopsticks and eating a little of the food in front of him. The last few days had been hard and long for the group. They still had some fan signings to go through soon, and a small concert or two. The normal things that they did. They also had promotions coming up for the new song when it released as well.

 

“Hurry up,” Namjoon said as he looked at his watch, “Sejin-hyung will be here in twenty minutes to take us to the studio,” he reminded them all.

 

They all groaned but they all knew that the work they put in now would be worth it when it came to the comeback stage that had been scheduled for them. Finishing their food Jin and Hoseok cleaned up.

 

“I’ll get your things Hyung,” Yoongi said glancing towards Jin as he got up from the table.

 

“Thanks, Yoongichi,” he smiled to him, turning to face him a moment before going back to cleaning up.

 

Yoongi gave a roll of his eyes at the nickname, but let it go. It had been a while since he had started using it and it seemed like the eldest enjoyed doing so. Jimin went over to Hoseok and muttered to him that he would be getting his things as well. Everyone had already packed their bag for the day the night before. It was a routine that they had all got into during their training days. To make sure that they didn’t leave anything behind and so they could sleep that little bit longer.

 

Jin looked up as he heard a beep from outside, “Come on Sejin-hyung is here!” he shouted to them all.

 

Soon enough they were in the vehicle, sitting back and relaxing a bit during the twenty minutes ride to the studio. Jin had wanted to make them all lunch for the day as well but didn’t have a chance to, even with the early start. He would have to try again tomorrow morning. They arrived and quickly climbed out. There were a few fans around, but they were able to ignore them as they went inside and went straight to the dance studio. Tossing their bags to the side of the room, near the mirror they settled down into the stretches for the day talking softly to each other.

 

Jungkook grinned as he got up and went over to Taehyung and helping him stretch a little. They broke into smaller groups, to make sure they were thoroughly stretched. None of them wanted to cramp up if they hadn’t done enough. It had been common when they were just starting, now they did their best to avoid it. They smiled as their choreographer walked in and went over to the small music board set up in the corner.

 

“Okay, we are going through Fake Love, again,” Chul-Soon said as he stood there looking at them all.

 

“Okay,” they nodded in agreement getting up and moving around the room a little.

 

“I want to see you all one at a time, but keep yourselves warmed up,” he warned them, “Eldest to the youngest as always,” he added as Jin went to the middle of the room and started to go through it. The choreographer went over what Jin was getting wrong, and went through it one more time with him as he then sent him off to practice a little to the side as Yoongi went over and went through it.

 

One by one they all went through the dance, being sent off to the side to practice the bits that they were weak in. It didn’t take long for them to all be grouped together, a light sheen of sweat already starting to form as they were then put through the dance once more but this time as a group. The timing wasn’t perfect, but it was getting there.

 

The next four hours were spent going through it over and over again. Only breaking occasionally to drink a little water. Lunch was soon coming up but they would have that later than normal. As all of them wanted to do their best in getting the timing down at least. Even if their moves weren’t perfect at the moment.

 

“Okay, take five,” Chul-Soon smiled as he looked at the exhausted group, “you’re not doing to bad at the moment, so keep up the good work,” he encouraged them.

 

They flopped where they stood for a moment, just breathing and resting as their muscles screamed at them for all the movement that they had been doing. Slowly they started to move and head to the bags, grabbing their water and drinking. Some of them grabbing their phones and checking through twitter. Jin frowned as he pulled out his phone and saw several missed calls.

 

“Hyung?” Taehyung asked as he saw the frown on the older mans face.

 

“My parents have called me,” he said softly, wondering what that was about.

 

“Oh,” he said softly with a nod, “Do you want to call them back?” he asked.

 

Jin looked to the phone, “Yeah, I think I should,” he said softly as he went over to the choreographer and said, “My parents have been trying to contact me, they know that I’m at practice so they wouldn't call me unless there was an emergency.”

 

Chul-Soon nodded, “Go and call them then,” he told him, sending him off from the room.

 

“Thanks,” he replied, giving a bow as he left the room and dialled his parents. The others watching him as he went.

 

“What’s going on?” Jimin asked as he glanced over at Taehyung. He had seen the slightly worried look on Jin’s face as he walked past.

 

“His parents are trying to get in touch with him,” Taehyung answered softly, looking to the door where Jin had disappeared through.

 

The others nodded and settled down for their break and to wait for their eldest to return. It didn’t take long for him to walk into the room. He looked a little pale.

 

“Everything all right?” Yoongi asked as he got up and went over to him, frowning at the sight that greeted him.

 

“Erm, my parents want me to come home immediately. They need to talk to me about something,” he said, his voice was shaking a little. His parents had never demanded him to come home unless there was bad news. He felt a seed of dread take root in his stomach. It had started to churn as soon as his mother had told him to come home.

 

“Well, you’re going to have to go,” Yoongi told him, putting a reassuring hand in his shoulder.

 

“Yeah,” Jin nodded absently.

 

“I’ll sort it, I’ll inform Sejin-hyung to come and get you,” Namjoon said as he grabbed his phone and called their manager. He would also make sure that Jin wouldn't get in trouble for leaving early. It had only happened once before that Jin was called back to the family home. It was a bit of a drive. It didn’t take long for Namjoon to have everything sorted. They walked downstairs with him and watched as he climbed into the car. Sejin was sitting in the driver's seat, he nodded to the boys as the car pulled away.

 

“Okay, we still have some work to do,” Namjoon turned to the others, “I know you’re worried, but he’ll call us if he needs us,” he pointed out.

 

The group nodded and made their way back to the dance studio. The rest of practice was quiet, and the joviality that was normally there along with their exhaustion was no longer present. They were quiet, concentrating on their work, acutely aware of Jin not being there.