Final : Almost Ending

A Place To Stay

Chapter 12 - Final : Almost Ending

 

Chaewon inserts the key in the hole of the doorknob when she arrives at her new dorm. After pushing the door opened and stepping into the room, she’s certainly not expecting to see her roommate waiting for her inside.

It’s school period and her roommate is definitely skipping the day considering her presence in there. Chaewon is surprised her roommate is such a rebel but also amused by her antic at the same time.

“Hi!” her roommate greeted her enthusiastically. She’s quite a small girl, shorter than Chaewon, has a short pink hair (length above her shoulder) and gives off a mischievous and bubbly vibe. “You must be the new student. I’m Kim Bora!”

The transferee is quite taken aback by the other girl’s friendly and welcoming nature but she still accepts her roommate’s handshake well. “I’m Kim Chaewon!”

“Good! Now, put your bags aside, I’m going to take you to the school’s cafe since it’s almost lunch time now! Hurry up before the others see us going around and skipping the lessons!”

Chaewon, being the naive and clumsy transferee, obeys Bora’s intimidating words and hastily leaves her stuffs aside without unpacking and preparing for her new bed.

Everything has changed since then. Chaewon transfers to a new school, and she rarely sees her old friends anymore as it’s going to be tough.

Her parents sending her to her new school was such a depressing experience. The pained and disappointed looks on their faces couldn’t be unseen. Chaewon feels miserable leaving them like that, but she has no choice.

“I’m going to be fine, mom,” Chaewon had assured her mother but she knew it wasn’t enough to convince the folk.

“I am the one who’s not fine! Who will look after you like Hitomi and Chaeyoung did for us while you are at school here now?!”

The teen daughter wiped the tears that fell on her beautiful mother’s cheek. “Don’t worry, I will take care of myself and if I have to, I will be honest to my roommate so she can look out for me.”

They hugged for quite a while before parting.

“You know that Hyewon is very upset with you, right?”

Chaewon sighed. Hyewon not talking to her the morning before she departed really made her unhappy.

“I’m sure she’ll come around. She’ll text me tonight and say how much she misses me.”

The daughter and mother both shared a laugh at the suggestive possibility.

“You’re right. Hyewon is really whipped for you.”

But the hardest part was she had to move without reconciling with Minjoo nor having a proper conversation with her. It was a sudden parting, both weren’t fully prepared for the farewell and they didn’t have enough time to talk about their real feelings.

Her heart shattered when Minjoo held onto her arm and cried on her last day desperately but Chaewon could do nothing to assure her.

“Chaewon, wait!”

She saw the brunette ran down from the corridor to the staircases to chase after her and snatched her wrist when she had successfully caught up with her.

“Are you really leaving me like this? Without confronting me?!”

Chaewon held back the urge to wipe Minjoo’s tears or embrace her for the last time because she knew, it wouldn’t do her any good. If she were to be civil around the brunette right then, she wouldn’t have the heart to leave the school nor the place she called home.

“I have no choice! The school offered a big opportunity for me!”

“Even after seeing Hiichan breaking down like that?! She fcking threatened to quit school because of you, don’t you feel sorry or responsible at all?!”

“Hiichan will and has to stay! She won’t quit just because I leave!”

“You’re fcking selfish! How could you leave without  asking me to explain things to you?!”

It was Minjoo’s last words. Chaewon couldn’t hear her anymore and fled, leaving Minjoo and the school behind, away from her.

She has to move on and start a new life, a new chapter. They’ll have a new beginning.

***

“Omo- CHAEWON CHAEWON CHAEWON!”

The red-haired student who’s having her earphone plugged on both ears while studying the book on her desk has to jerk her head up when she feels her pretty classmate shakes her shoulder violently.

“Oh gosh- what is it, Yiren?” she half-snapped since the pretty classmate of hers just distracted her from focusing on her study by force.

“It’s daebak incident, a freaking hot news!” the Chinese girl claimed enthusiastically. Her loud antic then makes the other students in the classroom gather around Chaewon’s desk, included the boys, interested to know the story Yiren has in store for them. “Isn’t this your former school? I knew it sounded familiar as soon as I saw the headline!”

Chaewon reads the headline’s article from the one Yiren shows on her phone.

“[BREAKING] A High School Teacher Of Young Model ‘A’ Reportedly To Be Harassing Students ually”

A picture attached to the article shows half of a familiar face belongs to the said model and another male shadow with a question mark hinting to the said teacher.

“Yujin…” Chaewon mumbled as she recognizes the half-face from the shape of and continues to read the content of the article.

“Young model ‘A’ from Star*** High School revealed had been submitting complaint to the Ministry of Education Office about a teacher from her school had been harassing students ually, and she was one of the victims.

A representative from the ministry office stated they had been looking into the case with thorough investigation. After confirming the truth, they had taken legal action against the teacher and the school who had apparently turned a blind eye on the case.”

Chaewon smirks, thinking the truth final7ly has been exposed. “That rascal has really kept her promises, huh?!”

Yiren has been looking at her expectantly and Chaewon can’t exactly resist her puppy eyes.

“It’s true, that was my old school!”

Her classmates gasp, can’t believe it’s a real situation.

“So, is the rumor about the school kicked out students who tried to expose the teacher true too?”

The red-haired student plugs in her earphone back to her ear as she replies nonchalantly. “What do you think I’m doing here now?”

“WHAT?”

“YOU WERE KICKED OUT?!

“YOU TRIED TO EXPOSE THEM?”

But she ignores her classmates’ enthusiasms about digging the details of the story from her and continues to study, though she doesn’t have the focus on the subject before her eyes anymore.

Knowing Chaewon will not entertain them any longer, Yiren dismisses the group of gossipers as she also returns back to her seat.

Not long after they have disbanded the crowd around her desk, Chaewon receives a long text message from a friend.

Ahn Yujin : Thanks to you, I was able to make things right and even reconciled with my father. I had never thought of using his power as a judge to set things into the right places until you asked me of the favor. Thank you Chaewon, for being a great friend to me once again. I have taken care of everything here as you asked me and kept our promise. I had seen Suyoon with our other friends and she seems to be more stable and healthier now.

The girl smiles throughout the text and the news about Suyoon has kept her mood up even more. She’s happy to hear the girl is doing well with her physical and mental health. She also wonders how everyone else is doing after the release of the articles about the school. Chaewon especially wonders about Hitomi, and of course Minjoo. The both of them hold a special place in her heart, and she misses them dearly.

***

In a blink of an eye, the vacation is approaching and they’ll soon enter a new year once again.

She has been receiving texts from Hitomi and Chaeyoung, telling her everything about the growth of her former school. The principal who once threatened to reorganize the council student took the idea down back once Chaewon promised him she’d transfer. She was begging him to not change Son Eunchae from being the president because the senior had nothing to do with Chaewon’s plan on going against Teacher Seo.

Eunchae remained as the president until the news about the bastard of a teacher spread around the world (thanks to Yujin), the principal was removed from not only the title but also the school after being found guilty of covering up the serious harassment case and abusing his power.

Before the vacation started, the school had to elect the new president and members of student council since Eunchae will be graduating in the new year. At the thought of the good leader stepping down from her well-deserved position upsets the other students.

Chaewon thinks of going back to her home for vacation and reunites with her family whom she hasn’t seen for a while. But as she gives it a careful thought, she will surely run into Minjoo during the long break, and that’s the least thing she’s wishing for.

Therefore, she decides she’ll not be returning home during vacation until the new year. Once they get over the new year celebration, she’ll return to her original place to meet her family for a brief one week, then she’ll be moving out back like she usually does.

The result of running away from a certain someone who’s not even doing anything wrong towards her. What a coward brat she is!

***

“Sweetie, are you sure you don’t want to come home during vacation?”

Her mother is on the other line and is sulking when Chaewon informed her she won’t make it home for holiday.

“I’m sorry mom, but I’ve promised my new friends we’ll go winter camp for holiday!”

“Even until Christmas too?”

The folk sounds utterly upset over the phone and Chaewon bites her lower lips in guilt for making her mother feels that way.

“You can always see me here, you know. I’m just going to spend time at Bora’s place together with Jiwon and Chaerin. I’ll make time for you for the whole day if you want to see me.”

“Nevermind. It looks like I’ll just be here alone without you.”

Chaewon hears her mother’s voice. Not only her tone had changed but also the way she spoke the words out. She senses something must be going on with her mother but she doesn’t pressure her further.

“Mom, I’ll be home two days before Christmas and we’ll go out together, only the both of us.”

“No, no! I’ll go see you on Christmas Eve and we’ll go on a trip somewhere for a few days, how about that?”

Something is definitely up at home.

“That sounds better! Bora showed me a few good places that we can go to!”

“Great to know! See you until then, my daughter! I love you sweetie!”

Chaewon smiles, a little painfully. “I love you too mum, so much!”

***

As everyone anticipates for the year to end and starts anew, the last date of the month December finally comes at last.

Chaewon will spend the night at Bora’s house alongside Jiwon instead of going out to the crowds. Her two new friends are well aware about her bad past with a crowded place so it’s best for them to avoid from doing that.

While Bora and Jiwon are playing games, Chaewon scrolls through her SNS to find her other friends from her former school included Hyewon and her close friends are hanging out together to watch firework for new year. Hyewon uploads a couple of photos of herself with Minjoo, Sakura, her couple friends Eunbi and Chaeyeon, and Hitomi. Yena however is missing from the group.

She only finds out later that Yena has been hanging out with Chaewon’s former classmate, Yuri instead. What a surprise! They might have gotten close and acquainted since Hyewon’s party.

The red-haired also scrolls through Yujin’s updates on her account. The girl has Wonyoung with her in almost all photos. Talking about whipped culture. The two giants must have gotten on best terms again since the incident.

Then she finds Hitomi’s updates as well. The mochi uploads a variety of selfies with Minjoo, her short Japanese friend Nako, and suddenly there’s an older photo of herself with Chaewon when she had darker hair color before her current bright red hair.

Her caption for the photo tugs Chaewon’s heartstring.

hii_1006 : currently missing Chaewon ㅠㅠ when will you be back? ㅠㅠ

Chaewon almost has tears in her eyes as she’s reminded of Hitomi’s sobbing over the phone when she was told Chaewon wouldn’t be able to see her despite the long break.

Wiping the mist in her eyes, Chaewon taps her phone’s screen to type her reply.

mintchaewon : miss you too hiichan ㅠㅠ

“Shouldn’t you upload your SNS to show them how you’re doing too?”

Bora’s serious voice startled her. Chaewon glances up but the pink-haired girl is still playing game and beating Jiwon’s record, causing the latter to be whining.

“They might have an idea that you’re miserable here with us and without them,” the girl joked. Chaewon chuckles briefly before nodding in agreement with her words. She then holds her phone up from the back to take a selfie of herself smiling to the camera while shooting the gamers’ backs before uploading it on her SNS account.

mintchaewon : having fun watching Bora beating Jiwon in the game over and over again. Jiwon-ah, you’ve lost, just give up ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

She’s quite satisfied with the photo and the caption that the corner of is stretched into a small smile. She receives 1 like a second after her update. It’s from minguri0205.

***

[4 Months Later]

Chaewon jogs along the hallway. The sound of her footsteps are echoing through the quiet building. Everyone whom she has run passed by is throwing stares but she pays them no mind. It’s not the time to be worrying about them.

As she nears a certain room she’s been seeking for, Chaewon spots a few familiar figures who are sitting on the 4 seater waiting chairs beside the white walls.  

“Mom!” she half-shouted and upon meeting her mother’s teary eyes, Chaewon instantly breaks down into tears as well.

Her mother runs and quickly leaps into her embrace, hugging her daughter tightly. Chaewon wraps her arms around her mother’s back, securing the hug, giving her mother the comfort that she needs.

The girl glances up when she feels another pair of intense eyes are staring at her.

Minjoo is right there, standing beside her own mother and hugs her folk’s neck. She meets Chaewon’s gaze and the girls who haven’t seen each other for a long time lock their eyes together, unspoken words relayed through the eye-contact.

There are longings in their eyes. Their hearts clutch, having chest pain upon seeing each others’ faces.

Minjoo never thought she got to see Chaewon again like this; when the older girl came with a different school uniform than hers; than the ones they used to wear together.

Chaewon has her eyes on Minjoo the whole time, but speaks to her mother. “How is Hyewon unnie?”

Ms. Kim is still burying her face on Chaewon’s chest, her voice muffles as she answers her.

“Hyewon is still in the operation room. We have no idea how much she’s bearing in there…”

 

It was almost 11 pm when Chaewon packed her stuffs and wanted to go back to her dorm room. She had been studying in the prep room for self-study. She’s already in her senior year, so she had to study hard for her college entrance exam.

As she arrived in her room, Bora immediately threw her tantrum on Chaewon for not answering nor looking at her phone at all.

“Your sister got into an accident about an hour ago! Your mom had been calling and texting you, did you know that?!”

Her heart dropped as well as her tears. Chaewon almost crumbled to the floor before her smaller roommate grabbed her on track and back to her sense. She became vulnerable and quickly was taken to the warden’s room, informing the guardian about the misfortune that hit Chaewon’s family. The emergency gave her the permission to go home and they booked a taxi for her transportation back to her place.

 

Chaewon regrets everything after the bad thing that happened on her older step-sister. They haven’t seen nor contacted each other post holiday. She has been busy or she was just making so much excuses to avoid Hyewon. The problem that hits her home took its toll on her, but Hyewon must have been more depressed by living under the pressure more than her.

Soon the doctor that has been operating surgery on Hyewon comes out of the operation room with his assistant on his tail.

“How is he, doctor?” Minjoo’s mother inquired first impatiently as she has been nothing but worried over her eldest daughter, Hyewon.

“The condition of the patient was quite severe from the impact of the accident. Her head was bleeding hard, her arms and legs were both not good, but we pulled through from the surgery. However, we still need to have her under an intensive care as we have yet to know the after-effect that she may have post this surgery. We have to wait patiently until she wakes up, as for now she may be unconscious for a while,” the expert doctor gave such a long explanation that hurts Hyewon’s parents’ feelings even more.

“I-Is there a chance for my eldest daughter to be in a co-coma for a while?” Mr. Kang asked this time, obviously appalled at the possibility of that.

“...I’m sorry to break such a disheartening news to you...but yes, there is a possibility for patient Kang Hyewon to be in a long-term coma.”

Her birth mother’s cry breaks instantly upon the upsetting information. Mr. Kang sits down beside her and puts his arms around her shoulder, comforting her as they share the mutual feelings, crying over their daughter’s poor fate from the accident.

The middle age woman then rests her head against his chest, weeping harder in the man’s warm embrace.

“Hyewon’s dad...our poor daughter is in there...AAAHHHhhhh…”

Chaewon watches as her own mother is staring ahead, fists clenching into balls after the doctor’s explanation and the scene before her eyes right now is even more depressing for her to take. She knows exactly how her mother feels, so she has to forcefully takes her attention away from them as she puts both hands on her mother’s shoulders.

“Let’s leave first and let them have their time for now, mum.”

Ms. Kim smiles at her daughter’s kind empathy and nods at her words. Soon the both of them slowly move away from the floor without telling the other side of the family.

Minjoo has been eyeing the girl who had newly arrived talking with her mother and switches her gaze on Hyewon’s father who’s hugging Minjoo’s own birth mother back and forth. Soon she realizes and can already pick up her sense with the serious tension before her eyes.

Minjoo’s mother had been sticking herself onto Hyewon’s father like a glue and triggered his current wife’s jealousy until forcing her to turn her back on him.

The teenager’s heart clenches in pain. The look on Chaewon’s mother’s eyes; it reminds her of that time when Chaewon threw her a look of  jealousy and pained when she was with Yujin a year ago. It reflects the same looks and actions. She can’t simply shrug that look off of her mind. It’s tugging her chest, pulling the heartstring.

***

“How is that your fault alone, mum? Hyewon unnie got into the accident, must have been a lesson to everyone of us,” Chaewon holds her mother’s hand to keep her folk warm. The middle age woman is in an agony and Chaewon feels responsible to keep her mother safe.

“It’s my fault. If I only I didn’t suggest her father to divorce and fought with him, she wouldn’t run away from home to protest and could avoid that accident,” Ms. Kim said as her tears keep pouring down on her face.

“Mum…” Chaewon sighs in defeat. Her face wrinkles as she watches her mother drowning herself in guilt and self-blaming. What is she supposed to do to assure the woman that she’s not at fault at all?

Suddenly the doorbell rings. It’s 3 am, who would come here at this hour?

Chaewon peeks her head up before deciding to get the door. “You should head upstairs and rest first, mum. I’ll go check who’s at the door.”

The middle age woman nods her head before heading upstairs after saying bye to her daughter. Once her mother sets off, Chaewon rises on her feet and heads to the door.

She’s too tired to actually think Minjoo would be behind the door instead of other random visitor. Chaewon opens her eyes widely once the brunette comes to her sight.

“What are you doing here at this hour?”

Minjoo wastes no time and immediately leaps her body to hug Chaewon, not letting go despite the latter’s resistance. She cries on the shorter girl’s shoulder, voice muffled against her shirt.

“I miss you so much Chaewon-ah…”

Chaewon trembles against Minjoo’s cold body, hesitantly rising her arms and contemplating whether she should hug her back or not.

“I’m sorry my mother is such a fool for divorcing her husband and trying to steal Hyewon unnie’s dad away from your mother. I’m sorry that we’re breaking your family apart. I’m sorry that we caused you to be unhappy once again. I’m sorry Chaewon-ah…”

Minjoo’s tears run down on her face endlessly as her fingers desperately clench to the back of her shirt.

Chaewon slowly drops her arms straight by her waist as she lets the taller girl hugs her tighter, not wanting to let go.

“Minjoo…” She finally speaks her name again after a long time. Minjoo is overwhelmed with various feelings.

“Being with you right now, like this, is too hard for me. What should I do?” she asked in despair, like losing her direction of life.

“I miss you so much Chaewon, please stay here,” Minjoo cries again as she begs desperately.

“Please...don’t leave me again...I beg you…”

***

Minjoo wakes up the next morning in a familiar bed but isn’t hers. There’s another figure lying beside her and the said figure is cuddling her close, probably too tired to move to other position since they slept late last night.

She never knows the day she gets to cuddle with Chaewon again will come like this. It feels too good, and Minjoo definitely doesn’t want this precious moment to slip away from her anymore.

Minjoo snuggles closer to completely close the gap between them so their bodies are pressed against each other more intimately. Goodness, she really misses this girl so much. Minjoo plants a soft kiss on the girl’s forehead and rests her head against the older girl’s. Her skin still feels so soft as ever.

A soft knock on the door causes Minjoo to reluctantly pull away for a little so Chaewon’s mother won’t think of nonsense about them.

“Kids, wake up now and have breakfast. We’ll have to head back to the hospital and see Hyewon again.”

Minjoo slowly sits up and faces Chaewon’s mother more appropriately. “I’ll wake Chaewon up, auntie.”

“Thanks Minjoo. And please inform your parents first if you want to spend the night here. Hyewon’s father got worried when he came to your house to pick your mother’s clothes only to see you weren’t there.”

Minjoo nods her head and blushes slightly. She also can’t miss the woman’s sad eyes as she said that and can relate with her for her pain.

“I got it, auntie. And I’m sorry…”

Chaewon’s mother stares into her eyes and later smiles a little, pain obviously painted on her face still though she tries to mask it. “Don’t worry about me. And I wonder when did you stop calling me mother.”

The woman soon disappears behind the door, leaving Minjoo battling on her own. She wonders when did it stop too, but she guesses it stopped when she never came here around two months ago when she knew she’d never be able to see Chaewon anymore, only until now.

***

It’s a miracle that Hyewon shows a sign of waking up and soon every of her family members are gathered in the ward.

The undergraduate student slowly opens her eyes, adjusting her sight to the blinding lights above her and observing the first person that comes into her vision.

“Mom…?” Hyewon voiced out weakly which her mother nods aggressively. “...Dad…” she trailed as her birth-father is glad that she’s able to recognize him. “...Minjoo...everyone’s here…”

But the girl hasn’t seen the two people that she wishes to see the most. “...where’s mother...and what about Chaewon…?”

Chaewon and her mother emerge from behind Mr. Kang, where they stay hidden to give Hyewon’s first immediate family to see her before them. But upon Hyewon’s call, they’re convinced that they mean so much more to the patient too.

Ms. Kim paces slowly towards the girl’s hospital bed while Chaewon arrives by her sister’s side in no time impatiently. Her tears show up on her cheeks and Hyewon feels miserable to see her younger step-sister’s cry.

“Unnie!” Chaewon wailed as she grabs Hyewon’s hand and takes it close to , smooching it fondly. “I’m sorry...I’m sorry for being a bad sister to you,” she sobs before burying her face on the back of Hyewon’s palm. Seeing the eldest sister’s bloody bandage around her head really rips her heart apart.

She despises blood, and to see the same red crimson liquid on her beloved sister makes her feels even more sick.

“Shh...Chaewon-ah, you don’t have to...be sorry…” Hyewon breaks down into tears as well seeing the younger sister’s outburst. “...I’m even more sorry...for not protecting our mother…”

Chaewon weeps harder as she bends her body lower and hugs her sister’s weak body. “I’m sorry unnie…”

***

It’s too bad that Chaewon can’t stay longer like she wishes for. Hyewon had just woken up a few hours ago but was told to rest an hour after that. She got less and lesser time to spend with her step-sister and now she has to return to her boarding school back. Hyewon is asleep right now and unfortunately she has to leave without seeing her.

“Can’t you stay a little longer? I’m sure the school will excuse you,” her mom holds onto her hand not wanting to end this moment yet. She’s not exactly ready to see her daughter off yet again.

“Mum, I’m in senior year now, there’s no excuse for me to skip school more than a day. The teachers might understand, but they have a strict to rule to follow so I have no choice but to be back there now.”

Ms. Kim finally lets go of Chaewon’s hand with heavy heart. Why is the world so cruel to be forcing her and her own daughter to be apart like this?

The sound of the car’s door opens and closes again cuts their moment a little.

“Are you ready to go now, Chaewon?”

“Yes unnie, I’m good to go now,” the younger girl answered politely.

“Please take care of yourself well, my daughter. I hope you’ll arrive there safely,” her mother the daughter’s lock of hair lovingly with affectionate gaze.

“Don’t worry auntie, I’ll drive carefully and make sure everyone is safe,” the owner of the car smiles assuringly, the least thing she can do to comfort the middle age woman’s heart.

“Yeah, of course I trust you and Chaeyeon. Thank you Eunbi for offering to drive and send my daughter off.”

The girls waste no time as Chaewon has to be back by her dorm before curfew. Chaewon hugs her mother farewell for the last time before Eunbi eventually starts to move and drive her car.

As they take off from the parking lot and the wheels roll to the hospital’s gate, a certain brunette suddenly dashes passed the car and stops her steps a few meters away in front of the car, spreading her arms out to stop the vehicle from moving, causing Eunbi to hit the brake abruptly and surprising her passengers.

“M-Minjoo…” Chaewon mumbled as she numbly stares at the culprit outside, getting in the way in the middle of the road recklessly.

Chaeyeon tells her to get off and has a short talk with Minjoo while Eunbi will have to side-park her car for a moment so she won’t block other vehicles and causes traffic jam unnecessarily.

Chaewon thanks the kind couple before opening the backseat door and meets up with Minjoo on the side road. They really should get over with this fast and for the last time.

Minjoo gets a little more aggressive as soon as Chaewon comes out to see her and immediately crashes her into a tight hug, feeling too fearful to let her go.

“Do you really have to go?” she whispered, voice cracked, sniffling as her nose gets watery from crying.

Chaewon clenches her fists and grits her teeth as Minjoo embraces her tightly. The latter can feel the former trembles against her body, shaking under the pressure.

“Chaewon, can you please don’t go? Please don’t leave me alone here again…” Minjoo sobs against the former’s shirt, wetting the fabric with her tears. “I miss you so much I feel like I could die…”

After much contemplations, Chaewon finally has the courage to cup Minjoo’s back with shaking hands, hugging her back rather timidly.

“Minjoo…” she breathed, inhaling the girl’s scent that she misses so much too.

“I still like you a lot, Chaewon...I can’t let you go,” the brunette breaks the hug and cups Chaewon’s tiny face. “Yujin and I never got back together again since that day, Chaewon. I choose you, and still wait for you, still want to be with you.”

Chaewon holds her breath, all emotions pile up and rush inside her heart.

Gosh, she loves this girl so much and her feelings have never changed! Minjoo truly gives her a lot of feels.

Chaewon studies Minjoo’s face and they only stare at each other with unspoken words. Their gazes hold so much meanings more than they can describe with words.

Minjoo is still the same, still too beautiful. Still like the girl she fell in love with in the picture Hyewon once showed her a little more than a year ago, before they first met for Christmas and new year.

“This is your place, Chaewon. With your family, and beside me. I want you to be with me,” Minjoo said, eyes glassy, pleading for one last time. “Can you please stay with me?”

However, they have so much but time in the world. Chaewon can’t keep Eunbi and Chaeyeon waiting forever. She has to say something back and give her answer now.

“I’m sorry I have to go…”

She can’t pass the betrayed look on Minjoo’s face. It’s hurting her heart.

“But I will be back. I’ll graduate, and come back here proudly. This is my home, I will never abandon it. Not my mom. Not Hyewon unnie,” Chaewon added as a smile forms on her lips.

“And definitely not leaving you, ever again.”


***Epilogue will be next and this story will be officially over! Not sure if you like the roller-coaster in this last chapter. Like I said to one of my friends, I planned to write something more about Minjoo's mother's character but not too prominently. I personally love the part when Chaewon followed updates about her friends on SNS because she couldn't be with them and update her status with her new friends for a certain someone to see *ehem minguri ehem* Anyway, Kim Bora as stated in here is not the actress Kim Bora that played SKY Castle's child Kim Hyena but Kim Bora from Cherry Bullet =D From Cherry Bullet's vlive Bora seems to adore Chaewon and my heart is swelled with warmth knowing my favourite rookie groups are supporting each other! Also welcome Takahashi Juri to the woollim family! I hope I do justice for everyone in this chapter and clears up all the angsty from the previous chapter. Have an enjoyable reading everyone!!! (>.<)_/