The Passion

A Place To Stay

Chapter 10 - The Passion

 

Chaewon’s world has turned better since that day. Through their actions and body language, she’s finally going official with Kim Minjoo. Well, this is supposed to be kept a secret; until the time for them to spill about their relationship which they will worry about later, NO ONE should know, until then.

It’s been two days since Chaewon had her ‘first’ with Minjoo, which she felt satisfied with. It’s not entirely majestic due to the place and some other more inconveniences, but it’s surely magical. When Minjoo agreed to submit herself and give in to her desire, the both of them were lost in the world full of pleasure.

Hyewon had returned home since last night and Chaewon can’t be happier. Hyewon’s return doesn’t only mean they won’t have to separate anymore but also means she can visit Minjoo at her house without anyone disrupting them. The only reason Chaewon and Minjoo didn’t kiss in bed was because they were afraid of getting caught red-handed by Hyewon.

Chaewon has just finished freshen up before going to bed when she suddenly receives a message from Minjoo, attached with a very alluring picture.

The girl has just finished shower as well, with her wet hair, position lying in bed and has her picture taken from there. Chaewon gulps and can feel the tense electrifies her body as she continuously stares at the picture.

KimMin 💟 : I kinda miss you rn :(

Her lips curve into a smile as she reads the cute text. She taps reply and about to type when Hyewon startles her from the back, bursting in the room without warning.

“Chaeoni!” she called the younger by her nickname that was started a trend by Sakura. Since the latter is a Japanese, her pronunciation of Chaewon’s name had become different too.

Chaewon quickly lowers down and hides away her phone from being seen by Hyewon. The older girl can’t possibly see her younger half-sister sending a ‘wet’ selca to her ‘other’ sister right now. It’s just not right.

“We haven’t caught up with each other yet since I returned and I miss you. Don’t you miss me too? I know you do.”

Chaewon blinks as flattens when Hyewon lies down on her bed. The older girl really has her way to sneak on her bed, even at night when she was sleeping. Hyewon is really clingy and able to make her feels loved, no wonder Chaewon can’t resist her.

The red-haired pulls out her phone back and replies Minjoo’s message quickly so Hyewon won’t catch her doing it.

Chae Angel : I miss you too :(( don’t tempt me like that when I’m not there to kiss you

She locks her phone’s screen and joins her older step sister on the bed.

“Did you have fun there, unnie?” she asked, though she isn’t entirely interested to know if Hyewon did. In fact, she’s hoping the older girl would say otherwise.

“Well, it’s not that bad,” Hyewon said while playing with Chaewon’s hand. “But I don’t exactly feel like home there. Our step dad was so awkward and couldn’t entirely treat us like a a part of his family. He only cared about himself with mom.”

“I wonder what Minjoo felt about him,” Chaewon mumbled, not intending to let Hyewon heard her but she did.

“Minjoo doesn’t despise him, but she could never take him as her dad seriously. I actually feel bad for leaving her there alone with them.”

Chaewon takes Hyewon’s hand and holds gently. “Let’s hope she’ll be fine. I don’t want her to be hurt again like the last time.”

Hyewon smiles, proud of seeing the bond between Chaewon and her own blood-sister. “Thank you for being caring for my sister, Chaewonnie.”

Chaewon giggles before snuggling closer to cuddle with Hyewon. “Don’t mention it, unnie.” Her heart ticks; “I look after her as more than just being caring for her. I’m madly in love with your sister.”

But she’s still not brave enough nor ready to tell the truth and be honest to Hyewon about her feelings for Minjoo, the former’s half-sister.

***

Minjoo walks along the empty school hallway before finally reaching her classroom. She paces to her seat and hangs her backpack on the chair before settling down. She reaches out her phone and taps something on it.

KimMin 💟 : I’ve arrived at school :)

She sends the text, giving her report. It’s a fine Monday morning and it keeps her in a good mood. She’s smiling all the way in the class and begins to connect her earphone to her device.

Not long after her playlist is , she receives a reply.

Chae Angel : Wow, you’re exceptionally early. You really take my words last night seriously :D

Minjoo beams at the text and eagerly sends a reply.

KimMin 💟 : You promised D: When are you going to arrive?

She waits for a few seconds. Her fingers are tapping against the hard table anxiously.

Chae Angel : I’m almost there.

Minjoo assumes Chaewon must be still in a ride before arriving at the school and eventually reaches the classroom.

KimMin 💟 : Hurry up! I can’t wait-

“Are you still texting me?”

Minjoo looks up from her phone upon hearing the familiar voice. Apparently it hasn’t been long since Chaewon sent that former text and she’s already here. It’s only been 10 seconds. Minjoo stands on her feet immediately and smiles brightly.

 

They go up to the school’s rooftop to chill out while killing the time. The school is very much still empty since the time is still too early. If it isn’t for Chaewon’s challenge last night, Minjoo might probably still snoring at home at this hour.

“Have you eaten?” Chaewon asked while getting something out from her backpack.

“Not yet, of course! I’ve never woken up this early to go to school and I only thought of arriving early before anyone else.” Minjoo starts to blabber about how much she actually hates to wake up early, and she usually takes a long time in the shower. But guess today has to be an exception for her.

“I woke up as early as 4.00 am just because you promised we would have all the time in the world at school alone before class starts-”

“I got it, I got it! Geez, you’re so loud and noisy about this matter,” Chaewon replied in slight annoyance, but later begins to giggle as she looks at Minjoo’s comical expression.

“Here are sandwiches and salted egg toasts for this morning’s menu. My mom knows I’d always be at school early since exam terms are near so she started to pack breakfast and lunch menu for me separately.”

“Wow,” Minjoo gulps as she looks at the food in front of her. “Your mom is really something else. Such a supermom!”

Chaewon nods proudly. “Should we start dig in-”

“But can’t I eat you for breakfast instead?” Minjoo suddenly asked naughtily, her mischievous instinct kicks in.

Chaewon widens her eyes and her cheeks turn red. She suddenly feels so hot in the cool breeze. Minjoo’s naughty comment makes her flushes in embarrassment.

“Y-You’re a p-ert!” Chaewon stuttered as she lowers down her head when she feels Minjoo’s intense gaze checking her out.

“Oh come on, I thought you missed me too. We haven’t kissed in a few days,” Minjoo gets bolder as she scoots closer and her lips in front of Chaewon. She snatches the sandwich in Chaewon’s grip only to put it aside and starts to wrap her hand around Chaewon’s waist aggressively, scooping her close.

“M-Minjoo,” Chaewon turns into a panic gay because of aggressive Minjoo, but she’s not complaining once she feels the latter’s lips crashed on hers.

“We can careless about the sandwiches later or give them to Hiichan,” Minjoo whispers and kisses Chaewon deeper.

When she begins to recover from her panic and get adjusted to the kiss, Chaewon starts to wrap her hands around Minjoo’s neck, keeping the passion mutual and alive.

Minjoo smiles against Chaewon’s lips, feeling ticklish when the latter’s hand is on her abdomen, ing her shirt.

The three days of being apart really makes them starving for each other’s affections.

***

Their homeroom teacher, Mr. Park enters the classroom with the papers from their previous tests by his waist, walking in coolly. Some students are groaning, already expecting low results from their poor performances on the test. The group included Minjoo and Yuri while Nako in front of them is just chilling.

“The exams you all did last week already have the results,” Teacher Park begins, telling the obvious that some of the students don’t even want to hear him.

“I’ll call out your names and give the results based on your ranking. As expected, the first place is your class president, Kim Chaewon!” he starts to call his students’ names and hands out their results. Chaewon stands up from her seat and receives a round of applauses from her proud classmates.

“I don’t know if the fact that she’s older than all of you makes her results extraordinary, but she’s really something else. You all should learn a tip or two from her,” he blabbered again that nobody is even interested on, including the subject of his blabber itself, Chaewon. “Now, the second place is Yabuki Nako!” he continued, earning jaws-dropped from his students.

“Nako-chan!” Moe claims in disbelief. Nako is already running cutely towards the front of the classroom, retrieving her result.

“Congratulations Nako, you scored the highest in English!” he stated, causing her peers to be more surprised than ever.

Yuri and Minjoo look at each other before turning their heads to Nako in sync, shocked by the news. “She studied without us?!” they voice out simultaneously, a hint of betrayed is evident from their tones while Nako only laughs sheepishly, like the cutest human being she is.

 

Teacher Park has exited the classroom once he’s done distributing the results. Chaewon turns to Hitomi who has been solemn and quiet when the result was announced. She’s worried if the younger girl feels okay at all, when she looks so gloomy and dark.

“Hiichan, congratulations for coming in fifth,” Chaewon started as a warm up, but Hitomi remains quiet. “Is there anything wrong?” she finally asked after holding on for quite a while. The girl seems to be in a deep thought in a couple of seconds until she finally speaks up.

“How did Nako get second place?” she inquired, though Chaewon wasn’t sure if Hitomi directed the question towards her since the latter has her head down.

“Hey Hiichan, coming in fifth is impressive too. You’re top 5 in class, how awesome is that?!” she attempted to cheer her up. “As for Nako- well, you know how good she is at picking up in her study, especially when it comes to language.” Chaewon ruffles the top of Hitomi’s head and smiles. “But my Hiichan is really smart too! You got the best score in Science!”

“Not before you!” Hitomi retaliated and finally turns to Chaewon. “I’m sorry for sulking over a small matter. And congratulations for coming in first again, miss president!” She salutes playfully before poking Chaewon’s cheek.

Chaewon’s mood becomes better when Hitomi is not sulking anymore but smiling brightly.  She lets Hitomi plays with her cheeks for a while before her eyes catch a certain someone who’s silently weeping after acquiring the exam result.

“Hiichan, I’m going to talk to Suyoon for a while,” she said while rising from her seat. Hitomi watches the girl gets up, before turning around to find the vice president is having a mental breakdown.

“Oh no, poor Suyoon~ Please console her well, Chaewon!” Hitomi requested with a puffed cheeks, making Chaewon can’t resist from poking her fluffy cheeks.

The class president then starts to move to her assistant’s desk, bending in front of the taller girl.

“It’s okay Suyoon, you can try again in the next exam,” Chaewon said assuringly. “Coming in last place in class isn’t necessarily means the worst, you know,” she added, feeling bad seeing the girl still weeping over her bad rank.

Suyoon calms down a little after a while, wiping her already dried cheeks as her tears slowly subside.

“What should I do, Chaewon? My History grade was really bad, and you know it’s important to pass the subject.” Out of all subjects, Suyoon got the lowest score from History and she honestly has no idea how it came out that bad. Did she get in the teacher’s wrong side or something, for him to be petty and gave her a grade lower than 10 marks? Suyoon already did her best and finished the essay in the test and everything, even her hand got really sore and worn out, using all her braincells to memorize whatever was on the textbooks.

Not that she entirely blames him, when she could also be the incompetent one, but-

Never mind. A teacher would never get so petty.

“Maybe I should try to talk to Teacher Seo!” she decided, after thinking carefully. Teacher Seo is their History teacher. She knows she had somehow done him wrong once; when she offended the teacher by criticizing about his lack creativity and enthusiasm in his teaching. She even tried to outsmart him when nobody else even interested in whatever he was trying to teach.

“I should go and apologize, and maybe consult with him about this subject too since I did very poorly on the assessment.”

Chaewon admires the girl’s high spirit and courage despite having a mental breakdown about this matter just from a moment ago. She thinks she should learn a tip or two from this saint assistant class monitor of hers.

“Should I go with you? I’ll talk to him and put on good words for you too.”

Suyoon smiles brightly as her cheeks turn to a shade of pink slightly.

“That would be good! We’ll find him during a break later!” she replied ecstatically as her good mood has come back.

 

Minjoo bites her lower lips until the flesh eventually bleeds a little, not realizing how hard she has been biting her lips. Luckily it’s not bad and nobody else notices her bleeding. Well, it can’t be compared to the bleed in her heart watching her president and her vice president interacted before her eyes.

But Chaewon sees through her; and also the blood on her lips. A little later, a message comes in through her notification.

Chae Angel : Don’t worry, I was only helping out a good friend.

Since it’s Chaewon who sent that text, Minjoo forgives her and gives in easily.

***

When the newly official couple arrives at the younger girl’s house, as usual the girl’s mother and her step father haven’t come home from work. This gives Minjoo the brave urge to ask Chaewon to stay in her house for a while before the older girl will head home.

Chaewon agrees to stay without hesitance. They don’t have much time for each other at school anyway so she should take this opportunity to make up for the those times they can’t act freely as a couple.

Minjoo takes Chaewon upstairs to her bedroom, feeling carefree with the absence of her folks. She won’t have to worry about getting caught by the adults.

The girl excuses herself to take a short refreshing shower before tending to her guest. Chaewon nods while smiling and waits for her girlfriend in the bed, wandering her eyes around the room.

She stands up and goes to Minjoo’s bookshelf; a collection of the Harry Potter series are well arranged by the seasons in order, there are also a few other novels are stacked in the bookshelf, as well as her mangas collection. She knows this girl is interested in reading, but she doesn’t know she has this much collection. The last time she came here, she only remembers kissing Minjoo’s lips and that’s all that matters.

A comic catches Chaewon’s eyes as the girl reaches out her hand to take it out. She intends to give the comic a quick scan before deciding if she wants to borrow it or not. But the moment she opens one of the pages that seems to be bookmarked, her mood dampens as she comes across a sticker photo of Minjoo and her former girlfriend, Yujin. The latter had her lips on Chaewon’s current girlfriend’s cheeks and that’s enough to trigger her jealousy.

Chaewon immediately closes the comic and puts it back on the shelf.

Minjoo returns from the bathroom and Chaewon marvels at the beauty of her girlfriend who currently looks a little too y in her eyes, when her phone notifies her a message just come in.

Suyoon : Thank you for today, Chaewon :D I will start getting a tutor from Teacher Seo the day tomorrow ^^

Chaewon is glad her assistant’s mood is back to normal that she has a smile on her face as she read the text.

“Look, Suyoon sent me a text- woah!”

The red-haired suddenly falls her back on the bed, the soft mattress dips down, and another weight added on top of her. She looks up and Minjoo has this “fire” look in her eyes.

“Never-” Minjoo breathes as she steals a peck on Chaewon’s lips. “-talk about another girl in front of me again, especially about the girl who’s ultimately known has a crush on you!”

Chaewon gulps, feeling a rush of her adrenaline as Minjoo whispers deadly with her most, seriously attractive voice ever.

“I swear I won’t talk about another girl again,” Chaewon replied as Minjoo holds her gaze, both feeling the same kind of burn.

“You know, I first felt this kind of passion and desire towards you when I first saw you half-, like this, in my room,” she continued as Minjoo draws closer.

Back then, Minjoo wasn’t hers and she had no right to touch the glorious body. But now, Minjoo is sure she’s Chaewon’s now.

“We can make it up from the last time now, then.”

Minjoo is on top of Chaewon, and her towel has already loosened to the floor.

***

The cafeteria is packed with students lining up for food. As usual, Chaewon and Hitomi never bother to join in the line but head straight to the table which the seniors, Chaeyoung and Nakyung reserve for them. But this time is a little different since the red-haired class president and the mochi have their fellow classmates Minjoo, Yuri and Nako followed their steps.

They sit in the long table altogether as Chaewon opens her lunchbox her generous mother had prepared for her and the hungry friends.

“Shrimp!” Chaewon’s loud friends especially Chaeyoung make a noise in the cafeteria upon looking at the marvelous lunch menu Ms. Kim cooked for them.

“Thank you Chaewon,” Nakyung started to thank her first before the others follow as they begin to dig in the black pepper sauce shrimp.

Chaewon scoops spoonful of rice and eats it diligently, repeating the same action for a couple of times, occasionally reaches out for the side dishes too. They all eat in silence for a while, that is before Chaeyoung decides to break the ice.

“Hey, Chaewon and I watched Titanic at her place last night, but you know what’s funny, Chaewon would have her ears turned really red watching kiss and the intimate scenes!” the tall girl teases her friend with a super mischievous smile on her face. Chaewon covers her face with her palm when all the girls at the table look at her in amusement. A certain goddess-like girl aka her secret girlfriend is especially really smug at this super interesting new knowledge.

“When Rose was undressing and in front of Jack for his sketch, my friend Chaewon was super shy. But the peak of her red face and ears was when the lead characters were having in the car!” Chaeyoung continued, making Chaewon’s jaw becomes tensed, clenching her teeth as she hides her face away from the amused onlookers, feeling too embarrassed to face them.

“See- her ears are turning super red again! Gosh, my friend is so cute when she’s super shy!” Chaeyoung laughs mockingly, obviously enjoying the teasing, as well as her girlfriend Nakyung. The both of them are really well matched made from heaven.

“Gosh, you’re so cute and innocent, Chaewon-ah!” Nakyung exclaimed, garnering a snort from Minjoo but nobody really hears her, except Chaewon. “How are you going to get a girlfriend and properly kiss her without getting shy?!” the girl dramatically sighs as Chaeyoung snickers at her girlfriend’s remark.

Minjoo smirks, remembering how Chaewon cupped her face and kissed her lips fondly, her touches on her body was full of care and love. Minjoo swears she can find nor need nobody else like Chaewon. She’s the one and only. Her love and passion for Minjoo are real. They aren’t just a fling.

The heavenly thought gets broken and interrupted when Yujin appears in front of the table, suddenly dropping and kneeling down, her knees touch the cold floor in front of Minjoo, garnering attentions and gasps from her peers. Her actions actually make everybody in the cafeteria crowding around the table, with their phones in hands, recording the scenes.

“Minjoo-yah, forgive me! Please forgive me for my uptight attitude and stupid mistakes! I swear I didn’t mean to hurt you nor two-timing you! I don’t want us to become so distant and cold like this anymore, please forgive me!”

Minjoo becomes anxious as she’s aware of the huge amount of onlookers and video recorders. She doesn’t want Yujin to cause a scene with her in this large crowd. Not especially when the girl is practically begging her while she’s on watched by her girlfriend, Chaewon who is just right there before the scene.

“Yujin-ah, stop kneeling! Get up now and we’ll have a private talk!” Minjoo is desperate to get Yujin on her feet again but to no avail, the other girl is just too stubborn to move.

“No, I’m not budging now until you tell me your answers! I want your forgiveness and if possible, come back to me as my girlfriend!”

The other students gasp again, shocked that Yujin is on her knees just to beg for Minjoo to get back with her.

“No way, she’s not going to reject Ahn Yujin in public like this, right?!”

“She’s a big if she doesn’t accept the famous prince Ahn Yujin back!”

“Minjoo, please say yes!!!”

“Ahn Yujin is sooooo kind and romantic! It’s a big loss if Kim Minjoo doesn’t get back with her!”

“I support Kim Minjoo with Ahn Yujin more than anyone else!”

Chaewon clenches her teeth as she grows furious. Yujin’s stuck up attitude and the foolish bystanders’ whispers really trigger her emotion.

“Stop shooting and put your phones down now!” she demands as her finger points around to the students who’re still having their phones up and cameras on Yujin and Minjoo, the stars of the day. Her eyes are burning with fire out of anger and Minjoo feels guilt is eating her up.

“I SAID STOP SHOOTING THEM AND PUT THE PHONES DOWN IN AN INSTANT!!!” Chaewon yells at the top of her lung as the seniors begin to take action and help her out while Minjoo finds her to be super scary at the moment.

“Yah, yah, stop and put your phone down now!” Chaeyoung moves out of the table and goes to the students in the crowd with Nakyung helping her.

“I’m going to confiscate your phones in the count of one, two, three-” Son Eunchae, the school’s council president alongside her main manpower, Go Yujin start to appear and use their authorities against the unfearful students who never budged from Chaewon’s outburst. Yet at Son Eunchae’s appearance they begin to save their phones back in their pockets and hide them safely.

Chaewon has no time to thank Eunchae but her focus has always been on Minjoo, who’s having a second thought about Yujin’s proposal. If she really loves Chaewon, she won’t be having this kind of reaction and it hurts Chaewon unknowingly.

“Y-Yujin…” Minjoo’s voice is almost inaudible but the silence in the cafeteria enables them to hear her.

“Please Minjoo, I would like to have a proper closure with you.” The star student is definitely determined and adamant that Minjoo can’t find herself to resist her. She almost melts and gives in to Yujin’s plead then gets back with her instantly.

Almost.

“Fine, Yujin, I forgive you,” she said, gaining a half-relief smile on her face, still hopeful for the other answer. “And I…”

Chaewon takes a deep breath. A second suddenly feels too long.

“...will have to think if I want to see you again or not.”

She may mean differently than how Chaewon interprets it, but still, the possibility of Minjoo getting back with Yujin again is high. It makes Chaewon suffocated and feels betrayed, tears start to brim in the back of her eyes, causing her to look away from the tears being seen.

“Hiichan, I need to go to the bathroom now, excuse me!”

Hitomi watches her leave with heavy heart. She can’t unsee the sadness on her face and the loneliness from her back. Chaewon is being so obvious with her emotion right now, at least in her eyes. She knows what the girl feels, and she’s feeling too sorry from the bottom of her heart for she can’t do anything.

***

Her legs are wobbly as she reaches the rooftop. The scene before has suffocated her so much that she’s feeling a tight clutch on her chest that she has a difficulty to breath properly. The air in the rooftop gives her much needed oxygen to in through her nostril, luckily.

Chaewon places her hand on her chest, feeling the pain and suffocation is slowly subsiding, but the remaining still hurts her.

Then she suddenly catches a figure standing by the barricade of the rooftop from the corner of her eyes. It’s a student in the school, just like her. The girl seems to slowly lift her long leg up and step on the barrier, now both of her feet are on it.

“Oh no- !” Chaewon cussed and scurries to the same barricade; her mission is to safe and pulls the girl down from jumping off of the building.

“Hey-” she shouted and the girl turns around, her one foot is already floating in the air, scaring the out of Chaewon’s nerve. Before the girl could completely float both legs and jump off, Chaewon snatches her arm and manages to pull her down from the concrete barrier.

“Yah, are you crazy?!” Chaewon yelled, her heartbeat is picking up a fast rate upon the fearful situation. But before she manages to get an answer from the perpetrator, the same girl suddenly collapses in her arms, sending Chaewon into a panic.

“Yah, Jang Wonyoung!”


***Fuhh so far this is the hardest chapter to finish up (^_^;) But I was determined to update this today, the deadline, so I was able to finish it on time despite the hardship. So with this chapter posted, we'll have another two or three more chapters before this story is completed. Enjoy your reading my dearest friends! Drop your comment to keep me in a good shape to keep writing and finish this fic!