[S1] Today's Menu For BLACKPINK Family

My Partner

It’s Jisoo’s birthday. A lot of people, from Jisoo’s sister to Jisoo’s manager came to give a surprise present for the birthday girl the night before. Even though the storm hasn’t yet ceased to brew, the four sisters acted like nothing’s wrong between them and they had to act and smile in front of others., even BLINKs. Cause if there’s someone that the girls collectively care about, they are BLINKs. So they don’t want to make BLINKs worry, even Jisoo who is the bringer of the storm, posted a photo just to make sure her BLINKs are not worried.

But when morning comes, the gloomy mood came over the sisters’ dorm for once again.

Jennie has no idea what to say to Jisoo, Jisoo is still in pain over Jennie and Kai dating inauguration, and Lisa, even though she had known the truth behind Jisoo’s behavior, couldn’t take the step forward to say something to Jisoo. The atmosphere in the dorm isn’t good, and it hasn’t been better for the last two days.

But it’s Jisoo’s birthday, and Rose, the only one who had the courage to go and apologize to Jisoo, is thinking about something. While laying on her bed listening to some good old Beatles, she thought to herself that she has to do something to lighten up the mood of the sisters, and to make sure that Jisoo’s special day is not ruined.  Rose came up with a strategy…

 

 

In a supermarket crowded with people, Jennie walks along the aisle, she is looking for something, or someone.  She’s wearing a mask and glasses with her signature cap to hide her face, but ironically it makes her stand out more, and more ironically people just don’t really care. Suddenly a voice whispered and called Jennie, “Unnie!”, said the familiar voice.

It was Rose’s voice. She is wearing a hoodie, and a mask. Her face looks really cute with chubby cheeks a bit protruding from the mask. Jennie slowly approaches Rose. Rose for some reason hugged Jennie with cute bubbly gesture.

“I’m sorry, the traffic was bad.”, Jennie whispered.

“It’s okay”, Rose whispered.

“So Rose, what’s your plan? I think Jisoo-unnie likes to e—“

Suddenly Rose looks panicked, before Jisoo suddenly came out from behind the aisle.

“Oh…,hi”, said Jisoo to Jennie before glaring at Rose.

“Oh…,h-Hello”, Jennie greeted Jisoo formally out of bewilderment.

Jisoo cringed at how Jennie greeted her formally, Jennie gave out an awkward laugh.

“So actually…., actually I invited Jennie-unnie too, and Lisa-unnie too, I mean Lisa, but Jenni-no I mean Lisa said that she can’t come so yeah…”, Rose stuttered.

Jisoo is not a stupid one, she’s sharp and can’t be fooled THIS easily. She thought to herself that this must be some sort of a strategy to bring her together with Jennie. Jisoo annoyedly thought that this is a bad and stupid idea, also Rose’s acting is too obvious. Also, clichéd strategy.

But to not dampen the mood, Jisoo acted like she believes everything that Rose said.

“Okay then, so what do you guys want to eat?”, asked Jisoo.

“Huh?”, Jennie is confused.

“Huh?”, Rose is also lost.

“You said you want to make something special for dinner, Chaeng”, Jisoo said to Rose.

“Oh, yeah, I’ll leave it all to Jisoo-unnie”, Rose said with an innocent smile.

Jisoo, and Jennie paused, replicating the same cringing face at Chaeyoung. Rose smiles. Jisoo shook her head and then walk towards the vegetables section. Jennie says to Rose, “I think it’s a bad idea”, but Rose answers, “It’s okay, trust me”, while patting Jennie’s shoulder. Jennie and Rose approaches Jisoo.

Suddenly, Rose is acting as if she received a phone call.

“Uh, hello…, Really? But…, my solo song? Okay!”, Rose did it again with her fake acting, Jennie rolled her eyes, and Jisoo ignored Rose.

“Uhm…”, Rose is fidgeting.

“What is it…?”, said Jisoo looking at Rose, smiling. Jennie is a bit relieved when she saw Jisoo’s smile even though it only lasted a second.

“I have to go because Sajangnim said I have to prepare my solo song”, Jisoo glared at Rose. Jisoo is still scared and afraid that she might get hurt if she spends time with Jennie, but deep inside she is low-key happy. But then again, to not dampen the mood, she succumbed.

“Okay… I’ll take the taxi then.”, said Jisoo.

“Okay”, Rose again with the fake acting running out of the supermarket as if there’s an urgent job that she must do.

“Bye…”, Jennie said.

Then.

 

Awkward silence.

 

 Jisoo keeps searching through the vegetables looking for ingredients, while Jennie is still facing towards Rose as she is in an awkward position to talk with Jisoo. Jisoo notices that Jennie is quite uncomfortable, a shade of sadness struck Jisoo’s heart because she knows that it would never be the same again.

“So it’s only the two of us, huh?”, Jisoo said without looking at her friend.

Jennie smiles awkwardly.

“So what do you want to eat?”, Jisoo asked, looking at Jennie. Jennie blushes.

And noticing the red cheeks of her friend, Jisoo also blushes.

“Um, whatever haha!”, Jennie awkwardly answered.

“It’s up to you, Unnie!”, Jennie continued.

“Okay”, Jisoo answered, still blushing, her face is now as red as a tomato. Jennie on the other side tries to calm herself down by biting her small fingers.

“Oh, mandu!”, Jennie told Jisoo. Jisoo let out a little laugh.

“As expected”, Jisoo said smiling. Jennie is relieved and was also smiling.

“Mandeuk”, Jennie said. Jisoo laughs.

Then, both of them look for ingredients to make mandu, and Jisoo is also gathering ingredients for something that she will cook.

“What do you want to make?”, Jennie asked Jisoo as she saw Jisoo throwing some noodles into the shopping trolley.

“Noodles…”, Jisoo said. Jennie rolls her eyes and wanted to say that it’s pretty obvious. But the awkwardness between them still lingers, making it a little bit hard for them to be straightforward to each other. Jennie just smiled.

As they search for other ingredients, they came across a boy who is crying. It seems that the boy lost his mother. There was a clerk who was with the boy and asked Jisoo and Jennie to take care of the boy as he will go to the office to call the parents.

Jisoo and Jennie now standing beside the crying boy, like statues. Both of them don’t know what to do and looks confused. Jisoo smiles awkwardly to Jennie, and so does Jennie.

Then, Jennie tries to console the crying boy as she caresses the boy’s head. When Jisoo see this motherly side of Jennie, she blushes, but at the same time, a some sort of despair struck Jisoo’s heart as she knows, that Jennie is now with another man.

The boy is still crying, and Jennie doesn’t know what to do anymore. Jisoo took out a coin from her pockets, and walked in front of the boy.

“Hey, lookie here”, said Jisoo. Jisoo shows both of her hands in front of the boy. The boy is now curious of what this random pretty girl wants to show him. Jisoo showed the boy that the coin is in her right hand, and with a flip, she closed both of her hands, and then:

“Guess where is the coin”, Asked Jisoo.

The boy is not stupid, so he chose Jisoo’s left hand. Jisoo opens her left hand.

Nothing.

Then the boy started to smile and tries to open Jisoo’s right hand.

Also nothing.

The boy was surprised. So does Jennie.

“What?”, Jennie said, her jaw dropped.

“Where is it?”, asked the boy.

“Here”, Jisoo pointing to the boy’s heart. And then with a swoosh, she pretended to pick up the coin from the boy’s heart. And voila!

“What!”, the boy is now crying no more, instead he was smiling as he begged Jisoo to tell him the tricks. Jennie smiles at the view of smiling Jisoo with a smiling boy. ‘Unnie is good with children after all”, Jennie thought to herself. Once again, Jennie blushes because this is the Jisoo she loves, the shining Jisoo.

Then suddenly, A message popped up in Jennie’s phone.

It was Kai.

“Jennie, answer my call, it’s urgent”, said the message.

Jennie’s expression changed. Jisoo noticed it. Jisoo then looked down as the boy found his parents, and waved goodbye to the boy and bowed to the parents.

Jennie’s phone vibrated. A phone call from Kai. Jisoo noticed.

“Wait, unnie.”, Jennie went a few steps from Jisoo, as Jisoo watch Jennie talking with Kai, it looks serious and Jennie’s expression looks really stressful as she ended the phone call and approached Jisoo. Jennie looks at Jisoo with a sad face, she doesn’t know what to say, neither does Jisoo. Then after a deep breath, Jisoo smiles.

“It’s okay, go on…”, Jisoo said while smiling. Jennie didn’t say anything but just bowed at Jisoo and then ran off. Jisoo’s heart was aching as she saw Jennie ran away, further from her, leaving her alone in the supermarket. Despair struck over Jisoo’s world. Jisoo sighed deeply and she feels worse because on her birthday, she’s alone.

 

 

Jisoo took a taxi and now she arrived at the dorm. The driver helped Jisoo bring all of the groceries and put them in front of the door. Jisoo thanked the taxi driver, and with an exhausted steps she walked into the dorm, finding the dorm was empty except Rose who is sitting on the dining table alone.

“Where is Jennie?”, asked Rose.

Jisoo shook her head.

“Lisa’s gone to buy some camera”, Rose continues.

Jisoo nodded.

“Help me with this”, said Jisoo.

“Oh don’t worry princess”, said a voice.

Jisoo was surprised as Lisa suddenly popped up from behind the wall. She was getting ready to surprise Jisoo. Lisa popped a confetti towards Jisoo face, and suddenly Rose, Lisa started to sing happy birthday. Jisoo starts to smile, but her smile fades away, not in a bad way, as she sees Jennie holding a birthday cake with candles on it. The light from the candle lighten Jennie’s face and Jisoo was mesmerized at the sight.

As Jennie walked and walked closer, Jisoo started to smile again and blushes. The three other girls are still singing when Jennie gave signal to Jisoo to blow on the candles.

“Make a wish”, said Lisa.

Jisoo closes her eyes and then blew the candles. Rose and Lisa clapped their hands, as Jennie cheered for Jisoo. The mood is good.

After that, the girls ate the cake together and Jisoo cooked some mandu and a specific type of noodles for the girls.

Lisa approached Jisoo and pats her shoulder. Lisa smiled to Jisoo. Jisoo punched Lisa so hard.

“Ow”, Lisa laughed.

The both of them looks genuinely happy, they are willing to sit out both of their problems for this particular day.

“Janchi Guksu?”, said Jennie, who looks weirdly surprised as she looks at Jisoo.

Jisoo ignored Jennie’s reaction and kept on eating her meals.

“What? What’s with it?”, said Lisa.

Rose too, seems lost.

“No nothing”, Jennie let out a genuine laughter. Jisoo smiled a little. The two other girls are oblivious to the symbolic meaning behind Janchi-guksu, as Lisa is not really familiar to Korean culture such as this, and Rose spent a long time abroad so she was also not familiar to this kind of culture.

Jennie is touched. And realizes that Jisoo is still the kind and loving Jisoo that she knew. And the BLACKPINK’s house is lit with positive mood that day after the storm that engulfed the house for the last two days.

As one said, “The night is darkest just before the dawn

 

 

 

“I can’t do this”, said a voice in someone’s heart.