You are my responsibility..

My Unexpected Fated Route To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Earlier Jasmine thought that the two managers will be joining them back in the room once the food is ready but she is wrong. Maybe they are purposely left alone by themselves but she doesn’t know for what reason. Actually Kyungsoo asks for them to be left alone because he wants Jasmine to feel comfortable talking with him. The two managers are eating at the next room. “You look so close with your grandparents.” Kyungsoo starts the conversation over lunch. Jasmine smiles at that statement. “Yes, my grandparents are everything to me. I mean they are more like my parents now after the passing of my dad and mom.” She answers as she eats the pasta. “No one would know that you actually grow up without your parents if you didn’t let them know.” He says to her.

 

 

Honestly Kyungsoo has been curious about Jasmine’s upbringing because she gives this very positive vibe. It doesn’t normally come from someone who is hurt before. Losing her parents at the age of seven, it must be very hard for her. “People thought that it is painful when you suddenly lose both of your parents at the same time without any warning. It is true. I am not going to deny that. But rather than being sad and heartbroken for a long time, I chose to live the life to the fullest just how my parents would want me to. They would not be happy to see me living my life miserably. The least thing that I can do for them is to make them proud of me, their only child. Don’t you think?” She says looking at her sunbae.

 

 

Kyungsoo nods. Jasmine gives him a small smile. “And I don’t want to be an additional pain to my grandparents. I only lost my parents but they lost their son, their daughter. Their pain can’t be compared with mine. It can never be compared. It is way more serious than my pain. For my dad, his parents spent a good amount of 43 years with him and for my mom, her parents spent 40 years having her as their only daughter. Me? I only spent 7 years with them, it was the most painful thing in my life to learn their death. So, imagine what my grandparents felt when they got that news. It was not easy for them to attend their own children’s funeral. I still remember their faces that day. That is why I promised myself to be the medicine of their pain. I don’t want them to lose me too. I am here on behalf of my beloved parents. I feel like I am living the life for the three of us, my dad’s, my mom’s and mine. For me, that is the meaning of life I am in right now. I don’t want to disappoint them with any ways. I am sorry. This conversation becomes too serious. I never really talk about this with anyone. I don’t know why I easily share this with you. I am sorry.” She says looking at him with a bitter smile.

 

 

“Thank you for telling me this behind story. Thank you for opening up. It is nice to talk with you this way. I really appreciate it. I don’t want our relationship to be very uptight and awkward. I want you to be comfortable around me. And you don’t have to feel sorry for sharing this story with me. I am more than honored to be the trusted person for you to talk about it with. Thank you Jasmine. Now finish your food.” Kyungsoo says as he smiles nicely at Jasmine. She nods and she smiles at him. They then finish their food while talking about random not serious things like how they share something alike, they both enjoy cooking. He is excited to learn that because now he feels like he has someone to talk about recipes with and maybe someday they can try making something together. “Are you done?” He asks her. She nods. He then pushes the button on the table to get the bill. She takes out her wallet.

 

 

“What are you doing?” Kyungsoo asks Jasmine with his big round eyes. He is sending a signal by staring at her wallet. She realizes what he is asking now. “I am paying for my food.” She says to him. He immediately shakes his head. “No, this is on me.” He says before the waitress comes with the receipt. “Thank you so much.” He says to her. “Shall we get some hot drinks?” He asks Jasmine. “Sure, can this be on me?” She tries her luck. “Nope, whenever you are out with me, I am going to pay for everything. This is the first and the most important thing that you need to learn of me today. Okay?” He says as he opens the door for her. “I’ll take note on that. Thank you.” She replies. She knows that she can never argue on this topic. It is almost like a culture in Korea for the older ones to pay the bill. Though Jasmine doesn’t really favor that idea, she knows she has to respect it.

 

 

“It is this way, Jasmine.” Kyungsoo says to Jasmine as she is going to the opposite way of the café. “Oh, sorry.” She only realizes that she is going to the wrong way. They are now queuing to buy some drinks. The two managers are now joining them too. She doesn’t know where they ate earlier. “What do you want to drink?” He asks her. As usual her go to drink is cappuccino. “That’s it? Do you need something else? The cakes here are delicious too.” He recommends. “No, I am good. I am really full right now. Maybe next time I will come again and try them out.” She says to him. “Okay, what about you two hyung? Iced Americano as usual?” He asks the two managers. They just nod and smile at him.

 

 

When their drinks are ready, they are back in the elevator. Their destination is the practice room. Jasmine checks her phone, they went out for more than an hour. “I guess they are done by now.” Kyungsoo says as he realizes that she is checking for the time. She then smiles at him. When they arrive at the fifth level, Kyungsoo pushes the door of their practice room open but there is still no one there. Choi Hee is there at that time to get a booklet that she left there earlier. “Oh, the final decision is already made. They are now having their lunch since everyone is hungry. You guys need to wait for a little longer for them. I hope you don’t mind.” She informs them. “Really noona? Where are they eating?” He asks her.

 

 

“Downstairs at the café I think.” Choi Hee answers. “Oh, we didn’t see them. Maybe they are inside one of the rooms. What time will the next session start?” Kyungsoo asks her. “It depends. Maybe around 2.30pm to 2.45pm,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter