Chapter one

❅ Killing me!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter one:  a yakuza engagement.

 

 

The sunrays shined on her bare shoulders, her eyes blinking softly a couple of times as she woke up from her slumber. “Waka, if you don’t wake up you will be late for your appointment.” The tall dark-haired young man standing in front of the bed wearing an all-black suit was Kai, he was Natsumi’s right hand, best friend, bodyguard, anything you could imagine. They had been together since she was a child, to say the least they were inseparable. Natsumi sat up draping the sheet around her bare body, her hair a complete mess she let out a sigh, “I will take a quick shower, can you check if the boys got the payments we were waiting for? and please don’t call me that after we slept together it’s awkward. Why won’t you call me Natsumi or even Natsu.” The clock was ticking so there was no time to mess around with him right now though she wished she could, it was always a pleasure to roll around with Kai. He was an attractive well-build young man, a catch that was sure, but their relationship was complicated. So instead of complaining any more than she already did, she rushed to the bathroom.


After taking a shower and braiding her waist-long hair she stepped out of the bathroom already dressed up. Considering their line of work the two friends would always be dressed in black, today Natsumi made an exception and wore a knee-length summer dress chosen by Kai, it was unusual for her to wear a dress unless there was a party, but this meeting was important for her today. The man smiled seeing her, she looked softer even a bit elegant, her light make-up and high heels turned her a lot more feminine than her natural features already made her.


"What?" she grabbed her smartphone and headed towards the door of the hotel room, " I’m hungry." His stare didn’t really make her uneasy it was just unusual to see that expression on his face.


The 22 -year old girl strode her way towards the hotel’s restaurant, the manager rushed to her side smiling in a nauseating way towards her like they always do when they know who she is. “Watanabe-sama if you need anything, we are here to help you,” he repeated again before leaving her to have her breakfast.

Her phone placed next to her cup of coffee she glanced up when Kai didn’t take a seat. “Aren’t you having breakfast? It’s weird to eat alone,” she muttered when some people glanced towards them, he answered with a light chuckle, “your date is arriving in a few minutes I can’t take his place. I will have something when we head back to the office.”


It was true, the fact that she had slept at this hotel and was dolled up like a real woman today was because of her meeting, appointment, date, she didn’t know how to call it. Business came first, her father’s wishes were her commands. He never obliged her to do anything, but she felt like she owed him every minute of her life. So even when this suggestion was made, she didn’t think twice before agreeing with it.


"Miss Watanabe?" A charming voice called out to her, the voice just loud enough to snap her out of her thoughts and make her light blue eyes look up at him. She rose out of her chair, "good morning, my apologies for making you come out this early," her greeting was accompanied by a well-executed bow, ignoring the hand that had reached out for a shake.


She could barely recognize the man behind the glasses and the baseball cap, for someone else to show up in such attire would be weird, to say the least, but the man sitting in front of her was Song Mino, an award-winning actor. To meet in a place like this was his wish, even the hour was his so there was actually no need for Natsumi to apologize but she did it out of politeness anyway.


Mino took of his sunglasses, first he examined the woman in front of him. Blonde, deep green eyes, a fair skin, there was no way she was Japanese. He heard rumors about her, they were from the same background, so it wasn’t hard to find more about her. She was a well-known figure in their world despite being a woman. He threw a light glare towards Kai, who didn’t flinch and kept his gaze in front of him. if this was supposed to be a date why did she bring a second man with her? “Is he your bodyguard? I know that in your line of work you need those but isn’t it a bit unnecessarily to have him here. It’s a 5-star hotel after all.” Cutting her omelet into small pieces Natsumi’s gaze was locked on the movements of her knife and fork as she spoke, “you brought 4 bodyguards with you, making them wear civilians’ clothes doesn’t change anything. The two at the counter and the couple sitting two tables to my left. Don’t underestimate me Mr. Song.” Her expression was as usual emotionless, not a smile, her lips only parting to speak or take another bite. She wasn’t agitated nor nervous or at least he couldn’t tell, Mino was kind of annoyed, but he held it in.

“I know that my father arranged this, but I cannot marry you. You seem capable and you are really beautiful! However, I already have a girlfriend. I’m happy with her.” Taking out his wallet he was ready to pull out several banknotes to pay for the meal she was having only to be interrupted by the sound of a chair moving back, Mr. Song, please come to my birthday party tonight and convey those feelings to our fathers. I’m only following my father’s wishes, for the sake of the safety of my family I will do whatever it takes. If you are against this please clear out this situation with your family, I don’t want to see anyone of the Watanabe clan suffer because of this. Now if you will excuse me. I have business to take care off, you should take the back exit, some hotel guests took pictures

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter